Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• Wyojasond
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Bruce has got a better touch than most of the Arsenal midfielders 😂🤦‍♂️
  • ViVaWhom
    7587 posts League Winner
    god damn mkhi is bad isnt he :lol: to think, when we bought him he was considered the best player in bundesliga (or was it most assists, something like that)
  • Ahmer50x
    16199 posts World Class
    This match has against the run of play Pepe goal from the bench written all over it.
  • Mike
    9824 posts League Winner
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    god damn mkhi is bad isnt he :lol: to think, when we bought him he was considered the best player in bundesliga (or was it most assists, something like that)
    Just goes to show what a bum league it is
  • wth22
    9673 posts League Winner
    ViVaWhom wrote: »

Both, he won POTY and had most assists. He was so good for about 5 games in Jose's 2nd season, Pogba got suspended and it all went oh so downhill for Mkhi :D
  • arsenalap
    4023 posts National Call-Up
    Bundesliga is literally the worst league in terms of transition to the prem for me.

So many flops come from there.
  • Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    Arsenal struggling away from home, surprise surprise! :joy:
  • arsenalap
    Nelson's first touch has been poor.

In the back of my head I wanted either Nketiah or Nelson to go on loan, now I'm hoping Iwobi going means hes first choice backup but he had a lot to improve
  • Ahmer50x
    16199 posts World Class
    I think Mkhi is the worst player I've seen this weekend.
  • wth22
    9673 posts League Winner
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Let's hope Sanchez doesn't come on then
  • Ahmer50x
    16199 posts World Class
    wth22 wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Let's hope Sanchez doesn't come on then

He's not even with the squad so don't think there's any chance of that :lol:
  • ViVaWhom
    7587 posts League Winner
    atrocious defending from newcastle, where is schar
  • ViVaWhom
    7587 posts League Winner
    my god, both teams atrocious
  • arsenalap
    Have to say Xhaka has really stepped it up 2nd half. Controlling it well.
  • El_Nino
    2266 posts Fans' Favourite
    I knew you’d get away with this against Newcastle.
  • wth22
    9673 posts League Winner
    How has Ceballos looked?
  • arsenalap
    How has Ceballos looked?

Rusty but good moments.
  • El_Nino
    2266 posts Fans' Favourite
    arsenalap wrote: »
    How has Ceballos looked?

Rusty but good moments.

I think that’s Arsenal language for awful but did manage a few 4 yard back passes
  • Ahmer50x
    16199 posts World Class
    That's the kind of game you might've dropped points last season tbh

3 points is 3 points, pressure on United now.
  • arsenalap
    El_Nino wrote: »
    How has Ceballos looked?

Rusty but good moments.

I think that’s Arsenal language for awful but did manage a few 4 yard back passes

First 10m he was all over the place, after that he did fine.

Couldn't be more happy with that. Clean sheet, away win with the B team.

Defence solid. Youngsters decent especially Guendouzi and AMN.
  • sturges12345
    2940 posts National Call-Up
    Mkhi is the worst player i’ve had the displeasure of watching for arsenal. We pay him 200k a week and he can’t make a simple five yard pass
  • Ahmer50x
    16199 posts World Class
    Mkhi is the worst player i’ve had the displeasure of watching for arsenal. We pay him 200k a week and he can’t make a simple five yard pass

He was so bad :joy:

Literally think you'd be better off with whoever the next academy kid is instead of him. Just as finished as Alexis, just cheaper.
  • arsenalap

Annoying because he can get into good positions and is good at driving with the ball but his passing is poor.
  • Ashy
    9194 posts League Winner
    Mkhitaryan did one thing good all game and it was the first half over the top ball to Auba for the volley on goal.
  • Tropicaz XBL
    4018 posts National Call-Up

Could not agree more.

Quite incredible how bad he is. :D

Truly awful game for quality, thought Maitland Niles/Chambers/Willock all did well though. Solid from Sok/Xhaka/Aubam in the 2nd half to pull us through. Played at about 20% of our capacity though, just happy we managed to grind that out.
  • G000ner
    3929 posts National Call-Up
    Surprised how comfortable we looked in defence for the majority of that. Newcastle are probably the worst attacking side in the league but we've conceded to worse. Team should be much better next week. To be able to grind out a 1-0 with that team is great.
  • arsenalap
    Interesting who plays next week.

For me the whole back 5 deserve to stay. Guendouzi and Auba too. Xhaka will always start.

That leaves the attacking trio up for grabs.

Can see Laca starting, Cebellos or Ozil starting. Maybe Pepe with a start.

Also it's an odd one with Luiz. Obviously doesn't want to be down the pecking order but he is atm.
  • Tropicaz XBL
    Henrikh Mkhitaryan lost possession more times (15) in the first-half vs. Newcastle than any other player on the pitch, at least five times more than anyone else. [@Squawka] #afc
  • Tropicaz XBL

For me the whole back 5 deserve to stay. Guendouzi and Auba too. Xhaka will always start.

Also it's an odd one with Luiz. Obviously doesn't want to be down the pecking order but he is atm.

wouldn't mind Willock starting instead of Guendouzi in a deeper position and Ozil coming back in. No problem with Nelson starting again either, just cannot have Mkhitaryan anywhere near the pitch.
  • arsenalap

wouldn't mind Willock starting instead of Guendouzi in a deeper position and Ozil coming back in. No problem with Nelson starting again either, just cannot have Mkhitaryan anywhere near the pitch.

I'm actually not a massive Guendouzi fan but I thought he was really good today, with Chambers, AMN and Leno.

He needs to work on his positioning but he uses his body really well, and has a very good range of passing. Also never afraid to have the ball.

He might be more suited to a 433 rather than one of the 2 in the 4231.