Arsenal Football Club

Comments

  • Tropicaz XBL
    4018 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 18
    In the Mbappe of centre backs walks, we feast
  • Tropicaz XBL
    4018 posts National Call-Up
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    I love how you've conceded 51 goals in each of the past two seasons but your "number one target" is a winger :joy:

    You desperately need to sign some **** defenders :lol:

    let's not forget we had both Bellerin/Holding out for half the season, Mustafi and Lichtsteiner/AMN not exactly ideal replacements

  • TakeItSlow
    6436 posts Big Money Move
    Hopefully Mustafi is absolute 4th choice now.
  • Tropicaz XBL
    4018 posts National Call-Up
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Hopefully Mustafi is absolute 4th choice now.

    unfortunately he'll be 3rd choice until either Koscielny comes back into the fold or we somehow sign another CB
  • TakeItSlow
    6436 posts Big Money Move
    Still quite sure deals for Tierney, Saliba and Ceballos will be done by next Friday. Then you’ve got two weeks to get your winger in and possibly shift Chambers to buy another CB.
  • Ashy
    9196 posts League Winner
    Tier 1 in Brazil saying Everton could be sorted this week, may not play on Saturday so keep an eye on that.

    Have a feeling Saliba will be officially announced today or at the very latest Monday
  • TakeItSlow
    6436 posts Big Money Move
    Ashy wrote: »
    Tier 1 in Brazil saying Everton could be sorted this week, may not play on Saturday so keep an eye on that.

    Have a feeling Saliba will be officially announced today or at the very latest Monday

    Saliba isn't off his own tour until Tuesday, apparently that's when he'll have medials and officially sign.
  • Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

    Looks bang average, poor quality league. Flop written all over him.
  • Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    I love how you've conceded 51 goals in each of the past two seasons but your "number one target" is a winger :joy:

    You desperately need to sign some **** defenders :lol:

    no point in signing defenders who won't significantly improve us.

    Are you seriously telling me you couldn't get a defender or two who would improve you for the rumored 40m you bid for Zaha?

    You have to be realistic. There aren't any CB's currently out there who are willing to take EL football that are a lot better than Holding or Sokratis. Just like Liverpool did wait until you get into the CL to then buy a prestige CB when you have the money to throw at it.

    We've got Saliba coming in next season as well. I'm not stockpiling crap defenders for the sake of it.

    It could be a few decades before you get back into the Champions League.

    The Everton of North London?

    Strong possibility mate.
  • TakeItSlow
    6436 posts Big Money Move
    Retro_G wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

    Looks bang average, poor quality league. Flop written all over him.

    ThE sAlT DrIPpiNg
  • TakeItSlow
    6436 posts Big Money Move


    Option to buy on Ceballos would be lovely.
  • El_Nino
    2272 posts Fans' Favourite
    At best a quarter at worst half of your transfer budget gone on a young gamble that won’t even be at Arsenal till next year, sound.
  • TakeItSlow
    6436 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 19
    @El_Nino Are you dumb? The first payment is between 5-10m. Not sure if trolling or just thick as two short planks.
  • El_Nino
    2272 posts Fans' Favourite
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    @El_Nino Are you dumb? The first payment is between 5-10m. Not sure if trolling or just thick as two short planks.

    While you may be correct, would you like to post a credible source for that, otherwise it’s just more hot air from you as per.

    Not to mention I’d guess your board will consider that part of this years funds. Ofc we’ll have to see if that’s the case
  • arsenalap
    4029 posts National Call-Up
    El_Nino wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    @El_Nino Are you dumb? The first payment is between 5-10m. Not sure if trolling or just thick as two short planks.

    While you may be correct, would you like to post a credible source for that, otherwise it’s just more hot air from you as per.

    Not to mention I’d guess your board will consider that part of this years funds. Ofc we’ll have to see if that’s the case

    I mean you can google it if you're bothered. Hes correct theres many sources for it. Part of loaning him back is we dont pay much upfront cost.
  • TakeItSlow
    6436 posts Big Money Move
    El_Nino wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    @El_Nino Are you dumb? The first payment is between 5-10m. Not sure if trolling or just thick as two short planks.

    While you may be correct, would you like to post a credible source for that, otherwise it’s just more hot air from you as per.

    Not to mention I’d guess your board will consider that part of this years funds. Ofc we’ll have to see if that’s the case

    The credible source is Emery and the club.

    Emery saying we will bring in 3 or 4 players.

    Signing Martinelli for £6M Bidding £26M for Saliba, £18M for Tierney and £40M for Zaha.

    I mean just do the maths and you’ll realise the £45M budget talk is purely for this year’s payment. Educate yourself on how transfers and amortisation works.
  • Tropicaz XBL
    4018 posts National Call-Up
    El_Nino wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    @El_Nino Are you dumb? The first payment is between 5-10m. Not sure if trolling or just thick as two short planks.

    While you may be correct, would you like to post a credible source for that, otherwise it’s just more hot air from you as per.

    Not to mention I’d guess your board will consider that part of this years funds. Ofc we’ll have to see if that’s the case

    Ornstein/Sam Dean/Charles Watts/RMC all saying the upfront payment is 5-7m
  • El_Nino
    2272 posts Fans' Favourite
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    @El_Nino Are you dumb? The first payment is between 5-10m. Not sure if trolling or just thick as two short planks.

    While you may be correct, would you like to post a credible source for that, otherwise it’s just more hot air from you as per.

    Not to mention I’d guess your board will consider that part of this years funds. Ofc we’ll have to see if that’s the case

    The credible source is Emery and the club.

    Emery saying we will bring in 3 or 4 players.

    Signing Martinelli for £6M Bidding £26M for Saliba, £18M for Tierney and £40M for Zaha.

    I mean just do the maths and you’ll realise the £45M budget talk is purely for this year’s payment. Educate yourself on how transfers and amortisation works.

    I can’t wait to quote some of the things you say once the transfer window is done, I’m betting you’ll sign the three cheaper ones at best, and miss out on any big signing such as Zaha or Pepe by making disproportionately low offers as always, then claiming at least you tried.
  • TakeItSlow
    6436 posts Big Money Move
    El_Nino wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    @El_Nino Are you dumb? The first payment is between 5-10m. Not sure if trolling or just thick as two short planks.

    While you may be correct, would you like to post a credible source for that, otherwise it’s just more hot air from you as per.

    Not to mention I’d guess your board will consider that part of this years funds. Ofc we’ll have to see if that’s the case

    The credible source is Emery and the club.

    Emery saying we will bring in 3 or 4 players.

    Signing Martinelli for £6M Bidding £26M for Saliba, £18M for Tierney and £40M for Zaha.

    I mean just do the maths and you’ll realise the £45M budget talk is purely for this year’s payment. Educate yourself on how transfers and amortisation works.

    I can’t wait to quote some of the things you say once the transfer window is done, I’m betting you’ll sign the three cheaper ones at best, and miss out on any big signing such as Zaha or Pepe by making disproportionately low offers as always, then claiming at least you tried.

    Quote things I say? :joy: what’s your problem...?

    1) it’s things Emery and sky sports etc have said not me, I just relay the info.

    2) Why do you even care? I’m trying to give you facts but you just aren’t having it.

    If you’ve got a problem with me saying things that are out there from the most reliable of sources then don’t respond to me. You just cause unnecessary agg
  • TakeItSlow
    6436 posts Big Money Move
    You can quote these if you want.

    By the end of the transfer window we would’ve spent more than £45M.

    By the end of the transfer window @Elnino still won’t know how transfers actually work.
  • Ashy
    9196 posts League Winner
    edited July 20
    Saliba medical Tuesday, most likely announced on the same day

    Ceballos returns from holiday next week, could be finalised in person as Arsenal play Real Madrid on Tuesday.

    Expecting a 3rd bid from Arsenal for Tierney, they have the price right just need to make adjustments to the installments and add ons. The player isnt scheduled to take part in Celtics 3 day festival this Friday for some reason.

    2nd Zaha bid imminent, possibily Everton deal close who knows, the player may not play on Sunday as Gremio travel to Internacional.
  • TakeItSlow
    6436 posts Big Money Move
    Ashy wrote: »
    Saliba medical Tuesday, most likely announced on the same day

    Ceballos returns from holiday next week, could be finalised in person as Arsenal play Real Madrid on Tuesday.

    Expecting a 3rd bid from Arsenal for Tierney, they have the price right just need to make adjustments to the installments and add ons. The player isnt scheduled to take part in Celtics 3 day festival this Friday for some reason.

    2nd Zaha bid imminent, possibily Everton deal close who knows, the player may not play on Sunday as Gremio travel to Internacional.

    Everton deal is all hot air atm, no doubt we probably are interested but until Zaha is completely dead doubt we'll go there.
  • G000ner
    3929 posts National Call-Up
    Everton will go to someone else unfortunately. If we want him we've got to move fast and it doesn't look like we're doing that
  • Ashy
    9196 posts League Winner
    edited July 20
    Nketiah, give him a 70 overall /87 potential in fifa 20
    Post edited by Ashy on
  • TakeItSlow
    6436 posts Big Money Move
    G000ner wrote: »
    Everton will go to someone else unfortunately. If we want him we've got to move fast and it doesn't look like we're doing that

    We’ve apparently got a bigger target(s). Emery saying don’t worry. Does reek a little of appeasement.
  • arsenalap
    4029 posts National Call-Up
    We've been confident on him and Tierney for weeks now.

    Just get it done. Along with Saliba and a winger and I'll be content. It's a big year for our youth.

    Eventually we need to shift:

    Jenkinson
    Mustafi
    Koscielny
    Monreal
    Elneny

    Tbh I'd let all 5 go for 30-40m, which should cover the upfront fee for Saliba, Tierney and Ceballos.

    Then we have our budget to spend on a top winger, 》50m. Everton, Zaha, Pepe in that order for my preference.
  • TakeItSlow
    6436 posts Big Money Move
    arsenalap wrote: »
    We've been confident on him and Tierney for weeks now.

    Just get it done. Along with Saliba and a winger and I'll be content. It's a big year for our youth.

    Eventually we need to shift:

    Jenkinson
    Mustafi
    Koscielny
    Monreal
    Elneny

    Tbh I'd let all 5 go for 30-40m, which should cover the upfront fee for Saliba, Tierney and Ceballos.

    Then we have our budget to spend on a top winger, 》50m. Everton, Zaha, Pepe in that order for my preference.

    We have enough money to do it all this summer without selling and I feel we won’t be able to shift those anyway tbh.

    Martinelli - £5M
    Saliba - Fee is over 6 years. £5M
    Tierney - £15M up front
    Ceballos - £3M loan fee

    Any big deal for a winger would be instalments over 4/5 years. £70M deal would be just under £15M a year.

  • arsenalap
    4029 posts National Call-Up
    It's not about money, it's about stockpiling players and wages.

    We need to shift them before they have 0 value and become even harder to shift.

    I think Kosc and Monreal are easy to shift if they're going but Monreal probably wont.

    The other 3 are tricky.
Sign In or Register to comment.