Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• TakeItSlow
    6436 posts Big Money Move
    3 lower tier Spanish sources saying Ceballos is close to joining.
  • Ashy
    9194 posts League Winner
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

I'd be happy to have him think he would do fantastic for us

Saliba is on the brink, Tierney is close to being agreed I think, Ceballos looks close to joining, Everton seems highly likely out of the winger targets

CB, LB, LW, CM, although no Saliba until next season

Likely exits look like Koscielny and Bielik
  • TakeItSlow
    Ashy wrote: »

I'd be happy to have him think he would do fantastic for us

Saliba is on the brink, Tierney is close to being agreed I think, Ceballos looks close to joining, Everton seems highly likely out of the winger targets

CB, LB, LW, CM, although no Saliba until next season

Likely exits look like Koscielny and Bielik

The four names we're looking to sign are quite exciting signings. Along with Martinelli who could be a potential star, potentially some window for £45M ay ;)
  • Pughy30
    25339 posts Player of the Year
    Dani Ceballos is definitely the type of creative player we need our midfield is so dull
  • TakeItSlow
    The open letter got through to the Kroenke's.

53f3797b9366a3e0f7a15ae747befe5f.png

Actions speak louder than words.
  • Ahmer50x
    16199 posts World Class
    edited July 16
  • TakeItSlow
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

The open letter he wrote back to arsenal fans is huge, not just that part.

The other things he said go with that, he’s not wrong though, it’s not our job to spend the money nor should the Kroenkes be investing 100m to get us out this mess.
  • G000ner
    3929 posts National Call-Up
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Nah he didn't say that. It's bs from the sun. The letter he wrote was very boring and in the interview he didn't really say anything you wouldn't expect either. At least they responded- better than usual
  • TakeItSlow

It’s encouraging but if nothing happens my god :joy:
  • WestardLord
    1396 posts Professional
    edited July 17
    First target is very expensive? I'm guessing that's Soares, just because of reports of the deal being over €30m and he will probably be the most impactful signing with the squad as it is (IMO). Perhaps if that gets done, they will be more secure about how much money they can allocate for Tierney/Ceballos/others.

I mean, I want to be optimistic. So hopefully they were waiting for Edu to come in all along and now things will move quickly.

We absolutely need to sign 1 of them in the next few days especially after the fan letter outcry, and KSE's sort of dismissive reponse to it.
  • TakeItSlow
    First target is very expensive? I'm guessing that's Soares, just because of reports of the deal being over €30m and he will probably be the most impactful signing with the squad as it is (IMO). Perhaps if that gets done, they will be more secure about how much money they can allocate for Tierney/Ceballos/others.

I mean, I want to be optimistic. So hopefully they were waiting for Edu to come in all along and now things will move quickly.

We absolutely need to sign 1 of them in the next few days especially after the fan letter outcry, and KSE's sort of dismissive reponse to it.

Zaha/Pepe/Soares would all cost a similar price so I think that's what he's alluding to.
  • G000ner
    Zaha and Pepe would cost over £80m and surely Everton would not be near to that. We don't have a chance of affording the former two. Tierney is expensive enough as it is.
  • TakeItSlow
    G000ner wrote: »
    Zaha and Pepe would cost over £80m and surely Everton would not be near to that. We don't have a chance of affording the former two. Tierney is expensive enough as it is.

Due to Everton's ownership rights (only 50% being Gremio) its likely we'd have to go north of £40M so all parties are happy.
  • arsenalap
    4023 posts National Call-Up

Due to Everton's ownership rights (only 50% being Gremio) its likely we'd have to go north of £40M so all parties are happy.

Theres a difference between north of 40 and 60-80m.

But, I dont think he'll cost more than 40. 40m pounds goes a huge way in Brazil, even if you half that for Gremios profit.
  • TakeItSlow
    arsenalap wrote: »

Theres a difference between north of 40 and 60-80m.

But, I dont think he'll cost more than 40. 40m pounds goes a huge way in Brazil, even if you half that for Gremios profit.

I think Pepe would only be £15m or so more than Soarez. Zaha would likely be something around 55m+15m add ons if it ever got done.

• TakeItSlow
    I'm seeing the final Saliba fee as £29M + £7M add ons. 1 year loan, most of the fee likely to not be paid up front.
  • Ashy
    9194 posts League Winner
    So Spurs made us spend like £9m extra
  • TakeItSlow

Big moves for a club without CL football.
  • Kellnerr
    2329 posts Fans' Favourite
    How do you expect to line up if all transfers happen?
  • TakeItSlow
    edited July 17
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    How do you expect to line up if all transfers happen?

Honestly tough to say. Our main targets are clearly Saliba, Ceballos, Tierney and Zaha/Soares. Emery's favoured formation is 4231 but I feel he'll start both Laca and Auba.

Leno
    Bellerin
    Sokratis
    Holding
    Tierney
    Xhaka
    Torreira
    Ceballos
    Zaha/Soares
    Lacazette
    Aubameyang

That's IF all targets are signed. Would be a flexible formation, still not happy about Xhaka, would prefer a more athletic CM but can't change everything in one window.

Season after that Saliba will slot in at CB and fingers crossed we'll sign a proper athletic midfielder to replace Xhaka.
  • Kellnerr
    2329 posts Fans' Favourite
    Looks really good apart from Xhaka, maybe play Ozil and Ceballos therefore further back?
  • TakeItSlow
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Looks really good apart from Xhaka, maybe play Ozil and Ceballos therefore further back?

Potentially as Ceballos would do what Xhaka does but 100x better and wouldn't be a liability. But I feel Ceb is more of a 10 or a third midfielder helping in the attacking third. Don't particularly want to see Ozil unless he actually performs. A 4231 with Torreira, Ceballos, Ozil, Soares, Auba and Laca is quite small and weak.
  • TakeItSlow
    Ornstein :love:
  • Ashy
    9194 posts League Winner
    The Ornacle, I will miss you
  • G000ner
    Ceballos on loan would be the signing of the summer. Ridiculously good player. Only hope is that we'll be able to sign him after his loan finishes. Type of player we need
  • Pughy30
    25339 posts Player of the Year
    Yeah fingers crossed we get Ceballos permanent. Honestly Saliba, Tierney and Ceballos are good signings I just think a starting top tier CB is missing
  • Ashy
    9194 posts League Winner
    Interesting to see Auba on the right today with Mkhitaryan on the left, usually other way round, could be a coincidence or could be making way for Everton to be our new left sided wide player moving Auba to the right.

4-2-3-1 seems to be the formation we are going with
  • Ahmer50x
    16199 posts World Class
    Interesting to see 4-2-3-1 make a comeback this season