Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• TakeItSlow
    5586 posts Big Money Move
    Turns out the Saliba deal is only £5.4M this year.
  • Ashy
    8873 posts League Winner
    edited July 10

Looks similar to Real Madrid away kit this year, navy with a gold secondary colour

Home kit still the best out of the 3 but this beats the zigzag yellow away kit, CLEAN
  • ViVaWhom
    7243 posts Big Money Move
    you might wanna cancel that loan back :lol:
  • Ashy
    8873 posts League Winner
    Just name a new captain already, give it to Sokratis, Lacazette or Xhaka
  • TakeItSlow
    Ashy wrote: »

Bellerin pls.

Koscielny news isn't really shocking to me, he was always gonna go, legs have gone plus Chambers is back here so its a like for like swap.
  • TakeItSlow
    Youngsters who have travelled with the squad on tour -

Martinelli
    Olayinka
    Thompson
    Robbie Burton
    Saka
    Nelson
    Nketiah
    ESR
    John Jules
    Willock

Bellerin has also travelled along with Mavropanos.
  • Kellnerr
    2239 posts Fans' Favourite

Isn't Ozil the most likely?
  • Tornado31619
    15268 posts World Class
    Kellnerr wrote: »

I thought Emery doesn’t like him?
  • Kellnerr
    2239 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kellnerr wrote: »

I thought Emery doesn’t like him?

Don't exactly know what's going on between them, but he's captained the side quite a few times this season - if Cech, Kosc and Ramsey weren't starting and now all of them are gone :sweat_smile:
  • TakeItSlow
    It'll be Xhaka or Bellerin.
  • Ahmer50x
    14851 posts Has That Special Something
    Very surprised Koscielny is being so unprofessional
  • Ashy
    8873 posts League Winner
    edited July 11
    On the bright side we might actually get a first team centre-back this summer now
  • TakeItSlow
    On the bright side we might actually get a first team centre-back this summer now

Doubt it when we have Chambers, Sokratis, Holding and Mustafi here. Mustafi or Chambers will have to go before we get a new CB.
  • Ahmer50x
    You forgot Mavrapanos :lol:
  • TakeItSlow
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    You forgot Mavrapanos :lol:

He's apparently injured so. In terms of first team CB's who're ready its those 4. With Mav we're even less likely to sign another,
  • Ashy
    8873 posts League Winner
    edited July 11
    1 big injury away from a crisis because I don't think Mavro is ready or mature enough yet, Mustafi is garbage and Chambers is decent but I feel he will get ripped apart at centre back when he played CDM all last season and did alright.

At least keep Bielik

1. Sokratis
    2. Holding
    3. Chambers
    4. Bielik
    5. Mavro
    6. Mustafi
  • Ahmer50x
    The fact that I looked at this list and thought “Smalling is better than all of them” should be worrying.
  • Apollo
    11778 posts Has That Special Something
    The fact that I looked at this list and thought “Smalling is better than all of them” should be worrying.

In fairness Holding is a really good prospect. He was impressive before his injury, if he can stay fit I think he'll be in the England squad before too long
  • TakeItSlow
    1 big injury away from a crisis because I don't think Mavro is ready or mature enough yet, Mustafi is garbage and Chambers is decent but I feel he will get ripped apart at centre back when he played CDM all last season and did alright.

At least keep Bielik

1. Sokratis
    2. Holding
    3. Chambers
    4. Bielik
    5. Mavro
    6. Mustafi

Bielik isn't going on tour, likely to be sold.

I think that's more worrying that you grade Smalling higher than the top 3 CB's on that list :joy: Sokratis and Holding both comfortably better and I'd say Chambers is around the same level.
  • Ashy
    8873 posts League Winner
    Shouldn't name 5 captains anyway should be 1 player, Ozil shouldn't even be considered
  • ViVaWhom
    7243 posts Big Money Move
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

At least keep Bielik

1. Sokratis
    2. Holding
    3. Chambers
    4. Bielik
    5. Mavro
    6. Mustafi

I think that's more worrying that you grade Smalling higher than the top 3 CB's on that list :joy: Sokratis and Holding both comfortably better and I'd say Chambers is around the same level.

maxresdefault.jpg
  • TakeItSlow
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

At least keep Bielik

1. Sokratis
    2. Holding
    3. Chambers
    4. Bielik
    5. Mavro
    6. Mustafi

maxresdefault.jpg

You really think Smalldini better than those two? Jesus :joy:
  • Ashy
    8873 posts League Winner
    Yeah Smalling is probably slightly better than Chambers, but Sokratis is a better player as is Holding people just don't rate him because of memory, his long term injury, if he stays injury free people will be talking about him like Utd fans hype up Lindelof
  • Tornado31619
    15268 posts World Class
    I’d put Smalling at #2 on that list.
    Yeah Smalling is probably slightly better than Chambers, but Sokratis is a better player as is Holding people just don't rate him because of memory, his long term injury, if he stays injury free people will be talking about him like Utd fans hype up Lindelof

TBF, he is actually a good defender, and not just because he’s better than our alternatives. All of us view him in our long-term vision in the club, and I would imagine that Ole does, too.
  • G000ner
    3815 posts National Call-Up
    I’d put Smalling at #2 on that list.

TBF, he is actually a good defender, and not just because he’s better than our alternatives. All of us view him in our long-term vision in the club, and I would imagine that Ole does, too.

Really? I thought United fans had given up on Smalling as starting centre back? Good back-up and I'd love to have him here as third choice, but too technically limited to be anything more. Makes mistakes on the ball and has issues with positioning.

If Holding returns from injury and plays how he was playing at the start of last season, he is our best centre back. Can't see any argument for Smalling being better than Sokratis either.