Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• Pughy30
    26118 posts Player of the Year
    I'll be happy when the donkeys at the club like Xhaka and Mustafi are gone. If we go into next season and we haven't signed Joachim Andersen or a proper CB then we're ****
  • Tornado31619
    17058 posts World Class
    I’d keep Xhaka TBH. At least for now, unless somebody comes in with a good deal for him.
  • G000ner
    4244 posts National Call-Up
    if someone offers 40mil for Xhaka then he's gone. right now he's an important starter because we have no one else like him, but he's so easily replaced
  • Gervonta
    3870 posts National Call-Up
    I really don’t get reports saying your budget is £45m this summer , you really need a new owner how can Kroenke be one of the richest PL owners and not invest properly to get you back into top 4 and title contention.
  • Ashy
    9765 posts League Winner
    45m cant be right let's be honest

We made a ton off PL TV deal, around £125m I think
    We made quite a bit off getting to the final of the Europa League
    Our new Adidas sponsorship deal just kicked in
    We pay the highest ticket prices in Europe I believe
    Released a bunch of players with wages adding up to close to £500k/week
    Probably missing other stuff

We don't necessarily need Kronke to invest we should be creating more than £45m transfer budget with what I mentioned above, obviously we aren't going to come out and say we have 100m otherwise clubs would be demanding more money for players
  • Ahmer50x
    18283 posts World Class
    edited June 16

Retweeted by Winterburn so seems legit
  • Pughy30
    Apparently were signing Saliba and loaning him back out to St Etienne for next season. Not ideal but as long as we sign another CB i wouldn’t mind that as much
  • Tornado31619
    17058 posts World Class
    He’d be better off spending another year with ASSE before he joins you guys. He’s only just turned 18, don’t want to send him abroad and throw him into the deep end so soon. Not everybody is a de Ligt, who himself had the comfort of his home country.
  • Ahmer50x
    18283 posts World Class
    Between Saliba and the guy at Lorient, it’s clear you’re just digging for more Guendouzi’s
  • finsfan85
    12450 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Between Saliba and the guy at Lorient, it’s clear you’re just digging for more Guendouzi’s

United are doing the same. Just in the Premier League and Championship.
  • Ahmer50x
    18283 posts World Class
    finsfan85 wrote: »

United are doing the same. Just in the Premier League and Championship.

You are largely right, but I think we're financially willing to do a bit more than them. Alongside your James' and Longstaff's, I do expect AWB (50m) and maybe Bruno (60m) too. The former group is very similar to Arsenal's idea but the latter is something they can't afford.

Btw, that's not meant to be a value judgement of Arsenal. I thought Guendouzi and Torreira were some of the smartest business done in the league last season. Would absolutely love Mislentat as DOF at United personally.
  • Ahmer50x
    18283 posts World Class

Some risk with any SPL signing but he’s been good there. Could be a steal for you if he settles the way people think he can
  • TakeItSlow
    7352 posts Big Money Move
    The loan back thing will be the sticking point for him.

I think we will eventually get Saliba and Tierney done. Zaha also wanted.
  • Ahmer50x
    18283 posts World Class
    Don’t think Palace will let Zaha go if we ever get this AWB deal over the line
  • Ashy
    9765 posts League Winner
    Don't want Zaha

Should try get Saliba this season and allow one of our good young players to go there on loan maybe
  • Ahmer50x
    18283 posts World Class
    edited June 25
    Saliba+Tierney will be most of your budget as is.

Will have to sell to buy after that so can't see Zaha being possible
  • Ashy
    9765 posts League Winner
    Still don't think our budget is 45m that's what they want you to think but I'll be probably proven wrong come start of the season

I think we could spend something close to 75m
  • Ahmer50x
    18283 posts World Class
    Ashy wrote: »
    Still don't think our budget is 45m that's what they want you to think but I'll be probably proven wrong come start of the season

"Since the American became the club’s majority shareholder in April 2011, the statistics show Arsenal have a net spend on permanent transfer fees of £239.9m, which works out at £30m per season.

Since the summer of 2013, when the club talked of boasting greater financial power, it has been £265.8m, or £44.3m per season. Arsenal’s headache is that they have a squad on Champions League wages in year three of a Europa League cycle and, having spent a relatively high £63.8m in net terms last summer, they are not expected to divert from their mean this time out." -The Guardian

Think you'll be at 45-50m net spend. Do expect you to spend more than that, but that'll be offset by sales.
  • TakeItSlow
    7352 posts Big Money Move

"Since the American became the club’s majority shareholder in April 2011, the statistics show Arsenal have a net spend on permanent transfer fees of £239.9m, which works out at £30m per season.

Since the summer of 2013, when the club talked of boasting greater financial power, it has been £265.8m, or £44.3m per season. Arsenal’s headache is that they have a squad on Champions League wages in year three of a Europa League cycle and, having spent a relatively high £63.8m in net terms last summer, they are not expected to divert from their mean this time out." -The Guardian

Think you'll be at 45-50m net spend. Do expect you to spend more than that, but that'll be offset by sales.

Can't disagree with that. I keep saying it but we have enough within the squad to sell to allow Emery to buy who he needs.

Ospina - (Already gone for 4m)
    Chambers - 15m
    Koscielny - 5m
    Jenkinson - Maybe in the Tierney deal
    Kolasinac - 10m
    Mustafi - 15m
    Torreira (apparently wants out already so get 40m for him)
    Ozil - 10m
    Mikky - 10m

Toughest ones to shift will be Ozil, Mikky and Mustafi. I wouldn't be against selling Torreira or Xhaka for 40-50m along with Chambers to fund a move for Zaha or Pepe.

Bielik deserves a chance this season at CDM and Willock/Smith Rowe need to be given opportunities in midfield. This would be a lot easier if Ramsey stayed.
  • Cyodine
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

Can't disagree with that. I keep saying it but we have enough within the squad to sell to allow Emery to buy who he needs.

Chambers - 15m
    Koscielny - 5m
    Kolasinac - 10m
    Mustafi - 15m
    Ozil - 10m
    Mikky - 10m

Toughest ones to shift will be Ozil, Mikky and Mustafi. I wouldn't be against selling Torreira or Xhaka for 40-50m along with Chambers to fund a move for Zaha or Pepe.

Bielik deserves a chance this season at CDM and Willock/Smith Rowe need to be given opportunities in midfield. This would be a lot easier if Ramsey stayed.

That's a lot of players that would need to exit. What is Emery's preferred formation?
  • Ashy
    9765 posts League Winner
    edited June 25
    Cyodine wrote: »

Chambers - 15m
    Koscielny - 5m
    Kolasinac - 10m
    Mustafi - 15m
    Ozil - 10m
    Mikky - 10m

That's a lot of players that would need to exit. What is Emery's preferred formation?

4-2-3-1 I believe

Ideally we would setup like this if we managed to sell the players that need to go and bought the right targets

Leno
    Bellerin - Sokratis - Saliba - Tierney
    Torreira - Xhaka
    Pepe - Ozil - Aubameyang
    Lacazette

Obviously Ozil should be replaced as should Xhaka but that wont all happen in one window, if we are to sort out 3 positions in the starting 11 then its centre-back, left-back then right-mid in that order.
  • Cyodine
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero

Chambers - 15m
    Koscielny - 5m
    Kolasinac - 10m
    Mustafi - 15m
    Ozil - 10m
    Mikky - 10m

4-2-3-1 I believe

Ideally we would setup like this if we managed to sell the players that need to go and bought the right targets

Leno
    Torreira - Xhaka
    Pepe - Ozil - Aubameyang
    Lacazette

Obviously Ozil should be replaced as should Xhaka but that wont all happen in one window, if we are to sort out 3 positions in the starting 11 then its centre-back, left-back then right-mid in that order.

Is Auba okay with playing as a winger?
  • Ashy
    9765 posts League Winner

Chambers - 15m
    Koscielny - 5m
    Kolasinac - 10m
    Mustafi - 15m
    Ozil - 10m
    Mikky - 10m

4-2-3-1 I believe

Leno
    Torreira - Xhaka
    Pepe - Ozil - Aubameyang
    Lacazette

Ideally no I think he prefers striker but Lacazette suits that role better with his hold up play while Aubameyang uses his pace on the wing, he played there for most of last season until Emery just decided to swap to a 3-4-1-2 in the last couple of months

If hes not okay playing on the wing then we should sell one of Laca/Auba because they are too good to be a back up and we could use that money on a proper winger. Only way they should play together up front is in a 4-4-2
  • Ahmer50x
    18283 posts World Class

Chambers - 15m
    Koscielny - 5m
    Kolasinac - 10m
    Mustafi - 15m
    Ozil - 10m
    Mikky - 10m

4-2-3-1 I believe

Leno
    Torreira - Xhaka
    Pepe - Ozil - Aubameyang
    Lacazette

Ideally no I think he prefers striker but Lacazette suits that role better with his hold up play while Aubameyang uses his pace on the wing, he played there for most of last season until Emery just decided to swap to a 3-4-1-2 in the last couple of months

If hes not okay playing on the wing then we should sell one of Laca/Auba because they are too good to be a back up and we could use that money on a proper winger. Only way they should play together up front is in a 4-4-2

3-5-2 could be great for Ozil, Auba, and Laca.

Unfortunately for you, like us, you don't have 3 competent CBs :lol:
  • G000ner
    edited June 25

Chambers - 15m
    Koscielny - 5m
    Kolasinac - 10m
    Mustafi - 15m
    Ozil - 10m
    Mikky - 10m

These prices are ridiculous. I know we're bad with negotiations, but if we can't get at least 20m each from Kolasinac and Ozil we may as well give up. Chambers is young and English, coming off the back of a good season- we should demand 25mil for him. We bought Torreira for 35million so there's absolutely no chance we sell for 40, even if he does want to go (which is just rumours). 60million at least- he only joined last season. There's a lot of value in our squad if we sell smartly.

I wouldn't sell either Laca or Auba. They're the only thing that's stopping us from being a mid-table club. It allows us to play 2 up front and means we aren't screwed over if one of them picks up a long term injury. Even as a left wing Auba is better than anyone we can buy. We simply wouldn't be able to replace them with a similar quality player with the money we'd get from the sale
  • Ahmer50x
    18283 posts World Class
    Ozil and Mkhi are unlikely to get you anything back. Like Alexis, the wages are too crazy. You have to either keep them or let them go for nominal fees or maybe even a free.
  • G000ner
    Ozil and Mkhi are unlikely to get you anything back. Like Alexis, the wages are too crazy. You have to either keep them or let them go for nominal fees or maybe even a free.

There surely will be a Chinese club willing to take him off our hands. Thing is Ozil just doesn't want to leave anyway, probably because he knows he won't get these wages at another top club. I don't think we will be able to sell him, but at 10million it feels like there isn't much point.
  • Pughy30

Biggest problem with out club right now, It's too hard to sell the deadwood due to the stupid wages their on