Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• G000ner
    4077 posts National Call-Up
    Cazorla back in the Spain squad after having 11 operations and being told he may never play again. What a player
  • Bob_Dylan
    19224 posts World Class
    edited May 23
    those are class
  • Pxul_
    7724 posts League Winner
    Aub has some ice Jesus💧💧
  • Ahmer50x
    17318 posts World Class
    Brilliant kits.
  • Retro_G
    28171 posts Player of the Year
    You always get nice looking kits. Wish our home kit had white instead of black.
  • Cyodine
    1309 posts Professional
    Are there any potential transfer targets for Arsenal with reliable sources yet? I feel like Arsenal is just a few signings away from building a very solid team!
  • BLUESBOY345
    1390 posts Play-Off Hero
    Cyodine wrote: »
    Are there any potential transfer targets for Arsenal with reliable sources yet? I feel like Arsenal is just a few signings away from building a very solid team!

Tierny Saliba Pepe Tielemanns would be a dream
  • Ashy
    9551 posts League Winner
    Nkuku, Fraser
  • Ahmer50x
    17318 posts World Class
    Auba/Laca/Fraser would be a scary good front 3
  • Ashy
    9551 posts League Winner
    edited May 25
    The 'realistic' dream for me would be Pepe, Bruno Fernandes, Konate and maybe Tierney, would need UCL football and sell a few players like Mustafi, Elneny, Ozil, Mkhitaryan.

Leno
    Bellerin - Sokratis - Konate - Tierney
    Torreira - Xhaka - Fernandes
    Pepe - Lacazette - Aubameyang
  • Wyojasond
    11226 posts Has That Special Something
    Ashy wrote: »
    The 'realistic' dream for me would be Pepe, Bruno Fernandes, Konate and maybe Tierney

Leno

You get CL and I think you have a great chance at getting Pepe, but Fernandes to City seems a foregone conclusion. I’m not sold on Fraser (Even though he did have a very solid season) but if he would excel anywhere, it would likely be with Arsenal
  • Ashy
    9551 posts League Winner
    The 'realistic' dream for me would be Pepe, Bruno Fernandes, Konate and maybe Tierney

Leno

You get CL and I think you have a great chance at getting Pepe, but Fernandes to City seems a foregone conclusion. I’m not sold on Fraser (Even though he did have a very solid season) but if he would excel anywhere, it would likely be with Arsenal
    Depends if he wants to start most games, De Bruyne and Bernardo/David Silva are ahead of him in that position at Arsenal he would be the main creative hub in our team and start every game, I think he will definitely leave but not sure to who yet
  • Apollo
    14269 posts Has That Special Something

Leno

Fraser is a really good player. He got 14 assists (and 7 goals) this season, when supplying Wilson and King, who while decent are nowhere near the level of Arsenal's forwards. His creativity supplying Aubameyang and Lacazette would be a serious threat. Plus the fact that Arsenal don't have the biggest budget and he wouldn't cost a fortune, he seems like an ideal signing that leaves them with enough money to improve their defence.
  • BLUESBOY345
    1390 posts Play-Off Hero
    Apollo wrote: »

Leno

Fraser is a really good player. He got 14 assists (and 7 goals) this season, when supplying Wilson and King, who while decent are nowhere near the level of Arsenal's forwards. His creativity supplying Aubameyang and Lacazette would be a serious threat. Plus the fact that Arsenal don't have the biggest budget and he wouldn't cost a fortune, he seems like an ideal signing that leaves them with enough money to improve their defence.

I know he’s had a good season and it’s out of his control but imo he’s too short for my liking, I would love to see Pepe the kid can play. But I think we need another winger and I’d love to see a move for Sarr as well

You get those two wingers paired with a creative player and two defenders, we look seriously scary. Albeit this is on the assumption we can win the Europa and clinch a CL spot
  • Apollo

Leno

I know he’s had a good season and it’s out of his control but imo he’s too short for my liking, I would love to see Pepe the kid can play. But I think we need another winger and I’d love to see a move for Sarr as well

You get those two wingers paired with a creative player and two defenders, we look seriously scary. Albeit this is on the assumption we can win the Europa and clinch a CL spot

Wouldn't Pepe be too expensive to then have enough left for your other positions needed? Surely you wouldn't then be able to get the necessary quality in the other positions.
  • Ahmer50x
    17318 posts World Class
    I genuinely don't believe you could afford Pepe even if you qualified for CL
  • Apollo
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    I genuinely don't believe you could afford Pepe even if you qualified for CL

Said similar above. They could, but they wouldn't have enough left for their other positions. Need to buy tactically when you dont have the biggest budget. Fraser is way cheaper, PL proven and leaves them enough for their other positions they need. (He is actually linked with them, not just suggesting Fraser for no reason)
  • BLUESBOY345
    1390 posts Play-Off Hero

Leno

Wouldn't Pepe be too expensive to then have enough left for your other positions needed? Surely you wouldn't then be able to get the necessary quality in the other positions.

Anything more than 45 mil and they’re having a laugh.
    Assuming we sell a bit of dead wood I think he’d still be realistic if not then we’re probably clutching at straws to sign him and the rest
  • Ahmer50x
    17318 posts World Class

Leno

Anything more than 45 mil and they’re having a laugh.
    Assuming we sell a bit of dead wood I think he’d still be realistic if not then we’re probably clutching at straws to sign him and the rest

I think he’ll end up being north of 60 personally
  • Ashy
    9551 posts League Winner
    As far as right sided midfielders/wingers that we could go for...

Pepe - £65-85m
    Zaha - £55-65m
    Ziyech - £45-55m
    Neres - £40-50m
    Bergwijn - £25-30m
    Fraser - £20-30m
  • Ahmer50x
    17318 posts World Class
    As far as right sided midfielders/wingers that we could go for...

Pepe - £65-85m
    Zaha - £55-65m
    Ziyech - £45-55m
    Neres - £40-50m
    Bergwijn - £25-30m
    Fraser - £20-30m

This is about right though Palace seemingly want 70+ for Zaha and Fraser primarily played on the left for Bournemouth
  • WestardLord
    1455 posts Professional
    Predictions:

- Torreira hat-trick

- Gunnersaurus subbed in for Xhaka

- Sarri seen smoking 3 cigarettes at once

- Mkhitaryan was actually playing the whole time with an Ozil mask on
  • ViVaWhom
    7895 posts League Winner
    this match is rough
  • Ahmer50x
    17318 posts World Class
    sddefault.jpg
  • WestardLord
    1455 posts Professional
    well this is depressing
  • Ahmer50x
    17318 posts World Class
    well this is depressing

Atleast you have a big summer transfer budget...oh wait... :tongue:
  • finsfan85
    12206 posts Has That Special Something
    Better cancel those Europa League trophy parade plans
  • G000ner
    4077 posts National Call-Up
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Better cancel those Europa League trophy parade plans

Everyone has to make plans ffs. You can't just plan a parade on the day of the parade.

Absolutely embarrassing performance from all players bar Iwobi, Willock and Cech. I thought maybe Chelsea were just defending well, but after Willock and Iwobi terrorised their defence I realised how bad the senior players were today. I don't think Aubameyang made clean contact with a ball all day, Laca had a poor night too and no words for how lifeless that performance was from Ozil. At least the first two were responsible for getting us here, but Ozil has done nothing all season. Maitland-Niles can't defend, Kolasinac can't defend or attack and our midfielders gets dominated by any opponent that can run. How do we fix this mess