Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• BLUESBOY345
    1428 posts Play-Off Hero
    G000ner wrote: »
    The thing that gets me is if you’re gonna go left like that at least fake the right. He made it so obvious and plus he’s backing placement over power wtf was that

Don’t get me started on his follow up miss which was even worse than the penalty miss

I don't think Auba is great penalty taker the, he's just not composed enough. I prefer Laca from the spot. Shame because it was an incredible all round performance and if we got a late winner it would've been perfect.

About the follow-up- Vertonghen was well in the box when the pen was taken. Some horrendous officiating today.

Yeah I knew he was always iffy from the spot but you’ve got to do better than that.

Wow! I can’t beleive that. So first we get robbed with the penalty and now that. It’s 2019 and we still go with linesman over VAR. I’ve been saying for years why don’t they just use the spider cams for calling offsides and have it relayed to the ref. What would it take? All of 3 seconds?
  • G000ner
    4216 posts National Call-Up
    at least if United lose it won't feel so bad
  • ViVaWhom
    8117 posts League Winner
    at least if United lose it won't feel so bad

sorry
  • wth22
    10010 posts Has That Special Something

The referees are literally still the ones who make the decisions after consulting VAR.
  • G000ner
    edited March 6
    Ridiculous for Torreira's ban not to be rescinded, when his challenge was clearly unintentional and he got the ball. Yet Rose get's away with kicking Leno in the chest, without any contact with the ball. All 3 goals Spurs have scored against us this season shouldn't have stood. Spurs have the FA in their pockets.

Big loss for him to miss the next game. We really want our best team playing. Regardless, I'm confident Guendouzi can fill in and do the job. Still expecting a win this weekend.
  • Tornado31619
    16962 posts World Class
    Should be a good match. Interesting how we expect a win, too.
  • tatadwader
    2406 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ridiculous for Torreira's ban not to be rescinded, when his challenge was clearly unintentional and he got the ball. Yet Rose get's away with kicking Leno in the chest, without any contact with the ball. All 3 goals Spurs have scored against us this season shouldn't have stood. Spurs have the FA in their pockets.

Big loss for him to miss the next game. We really want our best team playing. Regardless, I'm confident Guendouzi can fill in and do the job. Still expecting a win this weekend.

lolololololololol
  • Pughy30
    26076 posts Player of the Year
    Got a bad feeling about tonight's game Ben Arfa when he's in the mood can be a handful and if Sarr is at LW he's gonna run rings around Lichtsteiner if he starts
  • Apollo
    14949 posts World Class
    I had to switch off at 1-0 for something, didn't expect that result :D
  • G000ner
    **** by the officials once again. tbf, we were lucky with some decisions early on in the season, but these bad decisions have come at the wrong time
  • Pughy30
    26076 posts Player of the Year
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Got a bad feeling about tonight's game Ben Arfa when he's in the mood can be a handful and if Sarr is at LW he's gonna run rings around Lichtsteiner if he starts

ffs should have put a bet on Sarr scoring i just knew he'd get one past our dog **** defence
  • truegunn3r
    8810 posts Has That Special Something
    edited March 9
    F*** the Europa League and get an early exit, go all out for top four in the league. Man Utd result will not matter, win loss or draw as long as we win all our other remaining games.

Why? Because Spurs have got to yet play City and Liverpool. Get in!
  • Tornado31619
    16962 posts World Class
    There’s no guarantee that Spurs will bottle top four. Meanwhile, the only decent teams left in the Europa League are you, Chelsea, Inter and Napoli.
  • G000ner
    There’s no guarantee that Spurs will bottle top four. Meanwhile, the only decent teams left in the Europa League are you, Chelsea, Inter and Napoli.

I'd say it's pretty guaranteed that Spurs bottle top 4, but we definitely shouldn't give up on Europa as truegunn3r seems to be forgetting that both us and Spurs can finish outside the top 4
  • tatadwader

I'd say it's pretty guaranteed that Spurs bottle top 4, but we definitely shouldn't give up on Europa as truegunn3r seems to be forgetting that both us and Spurs can finish outside the top 4

"Guarantee that Spurs bottle top 4"

2017- 3rd
    2016- 2nd
    2015- 3rd

But yes, it's a guarantee that we bottle it :*
  • G000ner
    tatadwader wrote: »

2017- 3rd
    2016- 2nd
    2015- 3rd

Those years there was always at least two of the top 6 that massively under performed. If there was an opportunity to bottle it, you would have taken it. Anyway, that hasn't been the case this year. All 6 teams realistically have a chance of finishing inside the top 4 and let's be honest Spurs are the most likely to crumble.

Besides, it's not just the fact that you're renowned bottlers. You have the toughest fixtures out of the top 6. You play Liverpool and City away from home, which are guaranteed losses. You're horrendously out of form and I'd be extremely surprised if you made top 4 at this point.
  • tatadwader

2017- 3rd
    2016- 2nd
    2015- 3rd

Those years there was always at least two of the top 6 that massively under performed. If there was an opportunity to bottle it, you would have taken it. Anyway, that hasn't been the case this year. All 6 teams realistically have a chance of finishing inside the top 4 and let's be honest Spurs are the most likely to crumble.

Besides, it's not just the fact that you're renowned bottlers. You have the toughest fixtures out of the top 6. You play Liverpool and City away from home, which are guaranteed losses. You're horrendously out of form and I'd be extremely surprised if you made top 4 at this point.

Can't go that far.

Did beat Dortmund twice over the last 3 weeks.

Also drew when your Gunners bottled the NLD.

"Auba needs our support"

lol
  • Tornado31619
    16962 posts World Class

2018- 3rd
    2017- 2nd
    2016- 3rd

Fixed.
  • G000ner
    **** hell lads. we're not holding back with that line-up :D
  • ViVaWhom
    8117 posts League Winner
    so instead of trying to limit our counter attack you are going full opposite way lol this could be 6-6
  • arsenalap
    5122 posts Big Money Move
    I've wanted to see this arsenal line-up for ages.

Obviously Bellerin and Torreira but from current squad.
  • G000ner
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    so instead of trying to limit our counter attack you are going full opposite way lol this could be 6-6

Pretty much

Didn't see this line-up coming at all. Xhaka will essentially be on his own in midfield the whole game. To add to this, we're playing with two wing backs that can only attack 😅. Bound to have plenty of chances, but we're gonna get killed on the counter.

• MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    The state of arsenal football club. Wasting time, going down injured from the 47th minute. Embarrassing
  • Pxul_
    7902 posts League Winner
    S E E T H I N G
  • truegunn3r
    edited March 10
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    The state of arsenal football club. Wasting time, going down injured from the 47th minute. Embarrassing

Sounds more like United since Fergie left
  • truegunn3r
    Arsenal 1 point behind Spuds Bottlejobs who have yet to play City and Liverpool. All these pundits and media slating Arsenal off need to have a hard look at themselves. Talking up Pochettino going to Real Madrid as if he’s the best thing in football after Messi and Ronaldo.

Adrian Durham (TalkSPORT)
    Jason Candy (talkSPORT)
    Darren Lewis (Mirror Online)
    Rio Ferdinand (BT Sport)
    Jermaine Jenas (BT Sport)
    Jamie Carragher (Sky Sports)
    Alan Shearer (MOTD)

and especially...

Tim Sherwood and Paul Merson (Sky Sports)

Go f*** off!
  • Apollo
    14949 posts World Class
    Shouldn't expect any better from Adrian Durham, he's an insufferable **** who talks so much rubbish it's ridiculous.
  • G000ner
    edited March 10
    What a weekend that was.

This is like the exact opposite to what usually happens against United. Usually United are the team that doesn't play well, gets a bit of luck and scrapes the win, whilst we create all the chances and miss them all.

We weren't great today, but worked hard, defended well and Leno was outstanding once again. We deserved that luck after last weekend. Thank you Lukaku.

Clear favourites to finish 3rd now with our fixtures, which is massive considering where we were a few weeks ago.