Is he a defender?
  • AEsey
    5878 posts Big Money Move
    Ashy wrote: »
    Is he a defender?

No pepe is a rw if I remember correctly
  • Shshj
    2964 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yep he's a winger, been very good for the last couple of seasons apparently. Has a good goalscoring record but €50m is a lot and it seems like they want even more.
  • arsenalap
    3515 posts National Call-Up
    Pepe is good and what we need but a lot of money.

We need a fast skilful winger and a top CB at least to do anything of use.
  • Adrian095
    33654 posts National Team Captain
    edited December 2018
    According to ornstein, you have little money for the January window.

Also said they regret giving ozil the 350k :D
  • iWilshere_19
    2005 posts Fans' Favourite

I don’t understand this

Every fvcking window there’s no money to spend... I’ve had enough Kroenke we need to get him out of this club
  • forearms
    4158 posts National Call-Up

I don’t understand this

Every fvcking window there’s no money to spend... I’ve had enough Kroenke we need to get him out of this club

Hes the second richest owner in the NFL as well. He only cares about making money and that's it. Any Rams fan can tell you that is why he moved the team, and kept re-signing his head coach despite sub .500 seasons.

In short, hes a terrible owner for sports team and their supporters.
  • Ashy
    8627 posts League Winner
    edited January 1
    We just need to buy smart, identify the right player and not waste any money, even sell players that are not working out here to create more funds.

It's easy to see we need a leader at centre back, and a fast, tricky winger. Basically someone like Van Dijk and Mane/Hazard.

We won't pay 60+ mil for those players so we need to find players with the potential to become those types I mentioned above.

I think Lacelles and someone like Malcom, Lozano or Pepe on the wing would add so much to us but can we get these in January? Probably not.
  • Adrian095
    We just need to buy smart, identify the right player and not waste any money, even sell players that are not working out here to create more funds.

It's easy to see we need a leader at centre back, and a fast, tricky winger. Basically someone like Van Dijk and Mane/Hazard.

We won't pay 60+ mil for those players so we need to find players with the potential to become those types I mentioned above.

I think Lacelles and someone like Malcom, Lozano or Pepe on the wing would add so much to us but can we get these in January? Probably not.

Lascelles won't happen with Newcastle struggling they'll demand silly money.
  • iWilshere_19

Lascelles won't happen with Newcastle struggling they'll demand silly money.

We don’t go for players like that anyway it’s almost like we have an attitude like he’s not good enough for Arsenal

I really hope to god we don’t sign Gary cahil

Imo we need a 2 new CB’s and a proper left back

• AEsey
    5878 posts Big Money Move
    I know it's been known he wasn't signing a new deal for a while now but Ramsey has signed for juventus and getting a nice 8m signing on fee for it 😂
  • iWilshere_19
    I like the Dennis Suarez deal tbh
    Still young and obviously a talent
    I like the fact that he’s something that we haven’t got, somebody who takes the call and carries it forward
  • Ahmer50x
    13141 posts Has That Special Something
    So Reiss Nelson is doing really well on loan...any chance you guys would include him in the squad next season?
  • Ahmer50x

You don't deserve to be a big club.
  • Sellish
    8124 posts League Winner
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

He is talking about this window mate.
  • arsenalap
    3515 posts National Call-Up
    Sellish wrote: »

He is talking about this window mate.

It's still terrible
  • G000ner
    3728 posts National Call-Up

I think you mean Kroenke doesn't deserve to own a big club. we've got the worst owner in the league

• Ahmer50x
    G000ner wrote: »

I think you mean Kroenke doesn't deserve to own a big club. we've got the worst owner in the league

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-nfl-owner-who-got-chewed-up-by-english-soccer-1543587247

This piece on Randy Lerner's time at Villa shows one of the biggest misconceptions American owners in the Premier League can have going in. Lerner notes that in the NFL the only major cost is upfront to buy the team. After that, the system is designed such that you just have to manage your team effectively and not really invest. That doesn't work in the Premier League as that is not how world football is set up.

Kroenke seems to be attempting that model and its failing for you.

Khan, Henry, and the Glazers atleast understand the need to invest and the system in which their clubs operate despite their other faults.
  • ViVaWhom
    7015 posts Big Money Move
    you need to play Ozil, simple as that

he can be utterly **** but when he is good he is better than anything you have by a million
  • SDoofus
    4091 posts National Call-Up
    Oh dear.
  • Ahmer50x
    Wonder how long it is until AFTV call for Emery's sacking.
  • WryLucky
    1291 posts Professional
    Are Arsenal fans dead or something? Used to be so active.
  • Tornado31619
    14590 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 12
    Mia Khalifa on Twitter :lol:
    Post edited by Tornado31619 on
  • Adrian095

Let me guess, its the Guendouzi post and you took it down because your scared of the mods bringing the hammer :D
  • forearms
    4158 posts National Call-Up

Fact. He is an absolutely awful owner for sports teams.
  • Tornado31619
    14590 posts Has That Special Something

Let me guess, its the Guendouzi post and you took it down because your scared of the mods bringing the hammer :D

:lol:
  • Ahmer50x
    forearms wrote: »

Fact. He is an absolutely awful owner for sports teams.

Tbf his LA Rams are in the NFL playoffs tonight and the coaching model used there is being copy-catted across the league.