Comments

• SebCFC123
    7342 posts Big Money Move
    Retro_G wrote: »

Richie was right, only time youre not on Twitter is to post a tweet here
  • Gervonta
    3734 posts National Call-Up
    Retro_G wrote: »

United’s and Tottenham should definitely be swapped around.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    Easily one of the most interesting games of the season already given the circumstances

I can't wait for it.
  • G000ner
    4054 posts National Call-Up
    m48s11M.png

With awful defensive midfielders in front of them. Koscielny at his peak was criminally underrated. And Mertesacker was his perfect partner as his cautious approach provided a great balance to Koscielny's aggressive defending. To think we actually used to keep clean sheets.
  • Gervonta
    Bit quiet in here.
  • G000ner
    Love how people thought the game was over at 0-2. The commentators were an embarrassment, saying we were getting outplayed and "will want to get to half-time", that was after we missed 2 easy chances and should've been 3-2 up. We may have been getting dominated in midfield, we may have given the ball away too easily and our defence may be horrendous, but we created 6 clear goal scoring opportunities and should be 6-2 up. In fact, I would fancy Lacazette to put away every single one of those missed chances. Embarrassing finishing from Aubameyang in particular.
  • Sellish
    8855 posts League Winner
    Come on Mkhi. Make this draw.
  • Ahmer50x
    17103 posts World Class
    Pressure is on United, City, and Liverpool to win after those results for Spurs and Chelsea.

Especially us. Can’t afford to fall behind in the top 4 hunt early.
  • ViVaWhom
    7823 posts League Winner
    G000ner wrote: »
    Love how people thought the game was over at 0-2. The commentators were an embarrassment, saying we were getting outplayed and "will want to get to half-time", that was after we missed 2 easy chances and should've been 3-2 up. We may have been getting dominated in midfield, we may have given the ball away too easily and our defence may be horrendous, but we created 6 clear goal scoring opportunities and should be 6-2 up. In fact, I would fancy Lacazette to put away every single one of those missed chances. Embarrassing finishing from Aubameyang in particular.

Lol you lost bruh
  • G000ner
    Don't know what we were doing second half, we sat off them, but our defence was still just as bad and we stopped attacking. Torreira stopped it going through the middle so much, but they destroyed our right side the whole day, just as City did. Lichtsteiner simply has to start at right back.
  • G000ner
    ViVaWhom wrote: »

Lol you lost bruh

it was posted at half time
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    Emery getting Ozil to actually press and run a bit off the ball is a miracle in itself.

• Tornado31619
    16297 posts World Class
    finsfan85 wrote: »

Is Özil unhappy because he’s actually being made to work?
  • Gervonta
    Ozil’s always been a luxury player , technically brilliant but the team has to be built to suit him.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    Ozil is literally the definition of a luxury player. Madrid could afford it with him being in the middle of prime Ronaldo, Di Maria and Benzema but Arsenal can't.

Emery wants an intense high press. Doubt Ozil could do that against an over 60 walking side.

Ozil aside Arsenal are heading in the right direction and are finally adapting to the modern game but it will take time and a big clear out next summer. Can see them being a real force next season or the one after.
  • G000ner
    Ozil is literally the definition of a luxury player. Madrid could afford it with him being in the middle of prime Ronaldo, Di Maria and Benzema but Arsenal can't.

Emery wants an intense high press. Doubt Ozil could do that against an over 60 walking side.

Ozil aside Arsenal are heading in the right direction and are finally adapting to the modern game but it will take time and a big clear out next summer. Can see them being a real force next season or the one after.

This is getting boring. The best players in the world- Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Hazard etc, are not effective pressers of the ball. Just because a player doesn't run the length of the pitch to track back, does not mean they can't help you win a game. If you watched the Chelsea game you would see Hazard did little to no defensive work the whole game, yet he was Chelsea's best player. Sarri also plays with a high press, but he's not going to leave out Hazard because that would be moronic. I'm not saying Ozil is on Hazard's level, but he is still comfortably our most gifted player, and he's going to be important if we want to break apart teams who sit deep.

People don't realise how good Ozil. His passing ability, vision and control of the football is just so much better than anyone else on our team now that Santi's gone. Even compared to Mkhitaryan, who is a supposed "playmaker", Ozil is far superior on the ball. Yesterday Mkhitaryan must have given the ball away on more than 10 occasions, due to poor first touches and passes. You really take for granted how Ozil can make a difficult pass look so easy and how he controls the ball so well under pressure.

Anyway, Ozil worked hard in the first two games and there's no reason why he won't be able to adapt to the pressing. He's never going to be as much of a machine as Ramsey, but selecting players based purely on their ability to press would be stupid.

• Gervonta

This is getting boring. The best players in the world- Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Hazard etc, are not effective pressers of the ball. Just because a player doesn't run the length of the pitch to track back, does not mean they can't help you win a game. If you watched the Chelsea game you would see Hazard did little to no defensive work the whole game, yet he was Chelsea's best player. Sarri also plays with a high press, but he's not going to leave out Hazard because that would be moronic. I'm not saying Ozil is on Hazard's level, but he is still comfortably our most gifted player, and he's going to be important if we want to break apart teams who sit deep.

People don't realise how good Ozil. His passing ability, vision and control of the football is just so much better than anyone else on our team now that Santi's gone. Even compared to Mkhitaryan, who is a supposed "playmaker", Ozil is far superior on the ball. Yesterday Mkhitaryan must have given the ball away on more than 10 occasions, due to poor first touches and passes. You really take for granted how Ozil can make a difficult pass look so easy and how he controls the ball so well under pressure.

Anyway, Ozil worked hard in the first two games and there's no reason why he won't be able to adapt to the pressing. He's never going to be as much of a machine as Ramsey, but selecting players based purely on their ability to press would be stupid.

Messi , ronaldo , Neymar and hazard are levels above Ozil it’s daft to even try and compare their style to his.

• G000ner
    Gervonta wrote: »

Messi , ronaldo , Neymar and hazard are levels above Ozil it’s daft to even try and compare their style to his.

We don't have Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar or Hazard, and we don't have the ability to attract such players. Read the rest of my post.
  • Mike
    9939 posts League Winner
    Ozil isn't even better than Lanzini these days
  • Tornado31619
    16297 posts World Class
    Özil just can’t be bothered
  • wth22
    9693 posts League Winner
    Can't believe Arsenal offered Ozil 350k a week when he's not even their best #10.
  • Gervonta
    wth22 wrote: »
    Can't believe Arsenal offered Ozil 350k a week when he's not even their best #10.

He is there best number 10..... all he needs is a better work rate , his passing and Vision Are sublime.
  • wth22
    9693 posts League Winner

He is there best number 10..... all he needs is a better work rate , his passing and Vision Are sublime.

I don't disagree with that, but I rate Mkhi higher.
  • arsenalap
    4396 posts National Call-Up

I don't disagree with that, but I rate Mkhi higher.

He's even lazier. But he has much better finishing and can use both feet well.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    I rated Ozil at Madrid where they could afford to let him stroll and work a bit of occasional magic.

Arsenal just can't afford that, your squad is not good enough to compensate for him. I mean the players to cover behind him are Xhaka and Ramsey for crying out loud.

• arsenalap
    4396 posts National Call-Up
    I rated Ozil at Madrid where they could afford to let him stroll and work a bit of occasional magic.

Arsenal just can't afford that, your squad is not good enough to compensate for him. I mean the players to cover behind him are Xhaka and Ramsey for crying out loud.

They don't need to be.

Ideally we'd do:

Auba - Laca
    Ozil
    Xhaka - Ramsey
    Torriera

Our FBs already play as winters to provide width.

This is the most obvious formation I've seen for ages for us considering our players and how we play.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    arsenalap wrote: »

They don't need to be.

Ideally we'd do:

Auba - Laca
    Ozil
    Xhaka - Ramsey
    Torriera

Our FBs already play as winters to provide width.

This is the most obvious formation I've seen for ages for us considering our players and how we play.

Sorry but xhaka is horrible and Ramsey has the discipline of someone on bath salts. That line-up would never work. Xhaka, Ramsey and Ozil are a terrible midfield combination .

You'd be ridiculously narrow and half of them could easily disappear during the game.

I agree that Laca and Auba should be played together but they need different players supplying them.