edited June 2018
    lol

but if he wins both, the fans will be behind him instantly
  • Pughy30
    25625 posts Player of the Year
    The hell are these replies why do fans rate Xhaka he’s shocking
  • arsenalap
    4495 posts National Call-Up
    He's not shocking, he just isn't a defensive mid.

Him and Torriera will be interesting
  • G000ner
    4076 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah he's a good player, and was one of our better players in 2018. There were games where he demonstrated a really good defensive understanding and actually did a lot of work intercepting, tackling and covering for full backs. There were other games where he just left his man totally unmarked. I do still think he has potential as a defensive midfielder, and to be honest I don't see where else we'd play him. Deep lining playmaker? He's no Cazorla. Box to box? Too slow. I guess his best bet is just to stay in midfield and spray passes. I guess the closest comparison you could make is to Toni Kroos in the way he plays.
  • finsfan85
    12192 posts Has That Special Something
    G000ner wrote: »
    Yeah he's a good player, and was one of our better players in 2018. There were games where he demonstrated a really good defensive understanding and actually did a lot of work intercepting, tackling and covering for full backs. There were other games where he just left his man totally unmarked. I do still think he has potential as a defensive midfielder, and to be honest I don't see where else we'd play him. Deep lining playmaker? He's no Cazorla. Box to box? Too slow. I guess his best bet is just to stay in midfield and spray passes. I guess the closest comparison you could make is to Toni Kroos in the way he plays.

:joy:
  • G000ner
    finsfan85 wrote: »

How did I know some moron would think I'm comparing their ability. Similar in style, nothing else.
  • finsfan85

How did I know some moron would think I'm comparing their ability. Similar in style, nothing else.

Kroos and Xhaka should never be in the same sentence in any way. There absolutely nothing similar about them.
  • G000ner

Kroos and Xhaka should never be in the same sentence in any way. There absolutely nothing similar about them.

Of course there is. Their best individual attributes are the same- long/short passing, long distance shooting. They're both slow. Xhaka is basically a much worse, more aggressive version of Kroos
  • finsfan85
    Wilshere leaving
  • Fletch
    3397 posts National Call-Up
    Wilshere leaving
    Good
  • Sellish
    8923 posts League Winner
    Think that is an amazing signing for you.
  • G000ner
    very happy
  • Gervonta
    3734 posts National Call-Up
    Will he be another Jens or loris ? Only time will tell
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    I struggle to imagine Wilshere permantly at a different club. Guy is more of a mascot then the Gunnersaurus.
  • Ahmer50x
    17229 posts World Class
    Really like these moves. Letting go of Wilshere and signing Leno both solid.
  • G000ner
    Would rather have kept him, because he'd probably be in my first 11 ahead of Xhaka in a 433, but clearly Emery prefers the latter. Also could hint towards the idea that he wants to play 4231 and maybe he even leaves out Xhaka if we sign Torreira. Even if Wilshere didn't start, he would have been fantastic off the bench. Emery must have told him he would be in rotation with the other centre-mids and his starting place wasn't guaranteed- that's probably why he decided to go.

Wish him all the best at West Ham. Hopefully he can play his way back into the England squad
  • arsenalap
    4495 posts National Call-Up
    Apparently he's made it clear ozil isn't a starter.

Ramsey - Torriera - Xhaka
    Mkhy - Laca - Auba
  • Ashy
    9509 posts League Winner
    edited June 2018
    Imagine having a 350k week player not be a starter we should just sell him if he doesn’t fit into his plans
  • G000ner
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Apparently he's made it clear ozil isn't a starter.

Ramsey - Torriera - Xhaka
    Mkhy - Laca - Auba

I think that's just rumours, isn't it? He spoke about the quality of Ozil in his first interview iirc. I don't see him being left out, even if he was inconsistent last season. He's still a quality player, and we don't have anyone with his creativity in the squad. If he isn't a starter I agree we should just sell him. Imagine how stroppy a benched Ozil will be. It will be even worse than Sanchez.

With Wilshere and Cazorla gone, we definitely need another play maker in midfield- someone like Golovin. An actual winger would be nice as well, since Reiss Nelson is literally the only winger we have in the squad.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    Certainly the most interesting club going in to next season.

Can see it going either really weĺl or being an absolute disaster.
  • Pughy30
    19yr old 6'1 CM who plays a bit like Rabiot from what I've read
  • Rhodesia
    783 posts Semi-Pro
    Fair play to Zero, seems to have done well for himself after leaving camp x-ray
    gallery-1429907121-still-of-shia-labeouf-and-khleo-thomas-in-holes-2003-large-picture-750x375.jpg

• EA_Andy
    3097 posts EA Community Manager
  • Ashy
    9509 posts League Winner
    Amazing signing, finally someone I’m hyped for, Leno, Lich and Sokratis were decent signings but this is one guy I’m excited about in a position we finally filled in
  • G000ner
    17 mins into pre-season and Aubameyang's already scored a hat trick
  • finsfan85
    Needs more games against Boreham Wood
  • ViVaWhom
    7864 posts League Winner
    everton won 22-0, they will beat all premier league records!!
  • Pughy30
    Looks like we're signing Yann Sommer, bizarre signing considering we just got Leno so I'm not sure who'll be starting now