Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• cech saves a penalty :o
  • ViVaWhom
    8235 posts League Winner
    Time to give 2 year extension to wenger!
  • Ahmer50x
    19024 posts World Class
    giphy.gif
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    Good result, the momentum is important for the rest of the season. Elneny and Özil were probably the best players.
  • Ahmer50x
    19024 posts World Class
    How do you feel about Mkhitaryan so far?
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    How do you feel about Mkhitaryan so far?

Decent, still more to come from him I think. Playing in a team that is a bit all over the place at the minute, I’m happy with how he has started. Seems a bit inconsistent but he is also very good defensively.
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    Still can’t believe how good Elneny was earlier :joy:
  • G000ner
    4324 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah, was very surprised with Elneny. Was spraying passes all over the place like a prime Cazorla. Very solid all round performance really, thought the defence were pretty good and the midfield were solid. Aubameyang did well in the final third, basically scored/created with 2 out of 3 chances he had. Ozil the standout performer, though. And if Cech can save a penalty then we can win the Europa League
  • Kman
    2944 posts Fans' Favourite
    G000ner wrote: »
    Yeah, was very surprised with Elneny. Was spraying passes all over the place like a prime Cazorla. Very solid all round performance really, thought the defence were pretty good and the midfield were solid. Aubameyang did well in the final third, basically scored/created with 2 out of 3 chances he had. Ozil the standout performer, though. And if Cech can save a penalty then we can win the Europa League

Atlético
  • G000ner
    4324 posts National Call-Up
    Kman wrote: »

Atlético

Another fantastic post from you
  • Kman
    2944 posts Fans' Favourite

Atlético

It was, in one word I let you know why you won’t win the Europa League.

• No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner

Iwobi is terrible, think we should stick with the 4231 though as Mesut is so much better than he is in a 433. If we can sign a proper winger to play on the left we would have a great front 4.
  • Tornado31619
    17323 posts World Class

Atlético

Bottle jobs
  • SDoofus
    5619 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2018

Atlético

It was, in one word I let you know why you won’t win the Europa League.

It's a Cup competition, ffs. Anything can happen. Liverpool won the CL in 2005 and we were probably not even in the list of best 10 teams in the compeition.

For what it is worth, I think Arsenal will win it.
  • Kellnerr
    2721 posts Fans' Favourite
    People are displaying Arsenal much worse than they actually are tbh. If Atletico was that good that it's out of the question that someone else wins it, they would not have **** up in the CL group stages so hard. Could not even win against frickin Qarabag Agdam :lol:
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    Nketiah and Nelson both heading out on loan next season according to The Mirror.

Realistic destinations?
  • Pxul_
    8042 posts League Winner
    Barcelona
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    Hopefully a Bundesliga club on loan, wouldn't want them to go to another premier league club
  • Hitman_Hatton
    Bellerin off this summer then. Talk of being available for £50m. Had a dip the last year or so, so that would be good money for him.

Wilshere rumoured to frustrated with the contract situation and looking at a possible move.
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    Still think Wilshere will stay.

I don’t think many fans would be too bothered if we sold Bellerin for a few like that, however there is a good 5-6 players I’d sell before him.
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    No_NaMe wrote: »
    Still think Wilshere will stay.

I don’t think many fans would be too bothered if we sold Bellerin for a few like that, however there is a good 5-6 players I’d sell before him.

There’s more than 5-6 there’s a lot of dead wood in that arsenal side. Hopefully for your sake a new manager is installed in the summer and given the green light to rip apart the team and build a new squad.

• ccvcbb
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Why would you want to keep Wilshere? He's utter tosh, man runs about like Scott Parker but lacks the technical ability of him. If he wasn't london through n through and arseanal through n through he'd be at stoke or brighton. Players like Wilshere are exactly why arseanal are fading into obscurity
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    ccvcbb wrote: »
    Why would you want to keep Wilshere? He's utter tosh, man runs about like Scott Parker but lacks the technical ability of him. If he wasn't london through n through and arseanal through n through he'd be at stoke or brighton. Players like Wilshere are exactly why arseanal are fading into obscurity

Is this @PochBall
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    I’d take Wilshere at United
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    I’d take Wilshere at United

Think most of the top sides would take Wilshere, offers something different to most midfielders.

Hope we keep him and Ramsey.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    Think you need more power and energy in your midfield. Wilshere, Ramsey, Xhaka - all a bit powderpuff. Thought El Nenny brought a bit of that to the team at the weekend, but obviously isn't the long term solution.
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    edited March 2018
    I agree, we need a physically imposing player. I think Xhaka is a decent player, he’s simply too slow to play as a dm for us and he isn’t great when pressed. I think he’d do well in the serie A or go back to the Bundesliga.

Wilshere certainly isn’t ‘powder puff’ and we’ve looked a much better side when Ramsey has played this season. Elneny is decent squad depth and he played seriously well at the weekend, so it wouldn’t surprise me if he started against Milan. The players I’d be looking at for the DM spot are probably:

Fabinho
    Doucoure
    Zakaria
    Kondogbia
    Ndidi
  • SDoofus
    5619 posts Big Money Move
    It's funny how signings can end up being completely different to what was expected. I mean, when Arsenal signed Xhaka, he was being touted as the next Xabi Alonso, and I remember being seriously impressed, and I really wanted his midfield partner, Dahoud to join us. 1 season and a bit later, Xhaka is said to be one of the weak links in Arsenal's midfield, and Dahoud barely gets a start for Dortmund. Lacazette is another example of this too. And Sanchez to United was similar. The absolute fanfare when the Sanchez transfer went through was mental, particularly after that piano video, but so far he's been no more productive than you'd expect a player from League One to be. Then you get the opposite too, like with Salah, many people were saying he's a PL flop and wouldn't suit the League, and then he tears it up completely.

Bit of a pointless post, just found it interesting to think about. How often does a player do exactly as was expected of them?
  • Fromage Fou
    62 posts Park Captain
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    People are displaying Arsenal much worse than they actually are tbh. If Atletico was that good that it's out of the question that someone else wins it, they would not have **** up in the CL group stages so hard. Could not even win against frickin Qarabag Agdam :lol:

They obviously aren't guaranteed winners and should have beat Qarabag, but creativity and breaking down teams isn't where their strength is. Arsenal in particular would be as close to perfect opponents as possible for them.
  • Sellish
    9370 posts League Winner
    Hope Milan put up a fight today so the game will be watchable.