How to defend against LT RT crab walking spammers.

Hodgy
420 posts Sunday League Hero
As title, help please.

I'm getting pretty bored of playing a bunch of crabs who you apparently can't tackle when walking sideways.

Comments

• No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    If you play someone that uses it effectively, it's very hard to stop tbh
  • JR
    8064 posts League Winner
    Don't run for them, just hold back
  • DeanoZoff
    4279 posts National Call-Up
    This actually needs removing now.

I still cant understand what made them put it into the game
  • savinopiXBOX
    271 posts Sunday League Hero
    Also use it
  • BackDaddy
    3268 posts National Call-Up
    Just use Lt and defend like a player would in real life... The only reason it's so effective is because people defend like missiles sprinting and barging etc.
  • Il THE WOLF lI
    4683 posts National Call-Up
    BackDaddy wrote: »
    Just use Lt and defend like a player would in real life... The only reason it's so effective is because people defend like missiles sprinting and barging etc.

This....if the majority of the community wasn't slide tackle spamming little scrubs, we wouldn't have to deal with a bunch if crap walkers.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9509 posts League Winner
    DeanoZoff wrote: »

I agree. It not only looks ridiculous, it's also ludicrously unrealistic. Name one time, just one time, in all the hundreds of millions of football games ever played anything even remotely resembling this nonsense has ever occured?

It's a farce.
  • DeanoZoff
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »

I agree. It not only looks ridiculous, it's also ludicrously unrealistic. Name one time, just one time, in all the hundreds of millions of football games ever played anything even remotely resembling this nonsense has ever occured?

It's a farce.

My point exactly
  • Campino
    27183 posts Player of the Year
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »

It's a farce.

Agreed

Also just smash through em
  • Austintatious
    2289 posts Fans' Favourite
    BackDaddy wrote: »

This....if the majority of the community wasn't slide tackle spamming little scrubs, we wouldn't have to deal with a bunch if crap walkers.

This tbh.
  • Buttonwalls
    2421 posts Fans' Favourite

nope. dribbling/skills gets nerfed every year. people want to remove everything that can make one player better than the other. defending is already too easy.

you have 9 outfield players controlled by ai, they wont make human mistakes. there is only so far passing can get you against good opponents.
  • Gigaa_Byte
    1992 posts Fans' Favourite
    It is pretty ridiculous and unrealistic, but you need something to counter how the stupidly aggressive, B spamming and slide spamming works. High pressure and aggressive play style is the most effective it's ever been, it's even worse if you're playing Weekend League and you get delay.
  • Il THE WOLF lI
    Gigaa_Byte wrote: »
    It is pretty ridiculous and unrealistic, but you need something to counter how the stupidly aggressive, B spamming and slide spamming works. High pressure and aggressive play style is the most effective it's ever been, it's even worse if you're playing Weekend League and you get delay.

Yeah you can tell when they're real p.o.s. when before you even get near the halfway line and they are shooting up and spamming slide tackles with their back line.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Does LT+RT dribbling actually work? Every time I use it the defenders just smash through me like a steam train
  • Ofthewelsh
    3568 posts National Call-Up

Yeah you can tell when they're real p.o.s. when before you even get near the halfway line and they are shooting up and spamming slide tackles with their back line.

I've honestly never played anybody like that. Sounds like the dream opponent! In fact, I don't face many opponents who use slide tackle excessively, mores the pity. I see the high aggression defence often enough, but not sliders. Am I in the minority here? If so, I wonder what I can do to attract them!
  • AlexSolm
    8208 posts League Winner
    The animation is dumb but some sort of precision dribbling is needed
  • Il THE WOLF lI
    Ofthewelsh wrote: »

I've honestly never played anybody like that. Sounds like the dream opponent! In fact, I don't face many opponents who use slide tackle excessively, mores the pity. I see the high aggression defence often enough, but not sliders. Am I in the minority here? If so, I wonder what I can do to attract them!

Move to California....you'll play the majority of your games against them
  • Maradona
    4445 posts National Call-Up
    it is an exploit and it needs to go
  • toonbalmy
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ofthewelsh wrote: »

Never get sliders wish i did because normally if anyone slides it goes nowhere near me
  • Knowlesdinho
    10608 posts Has That Special Something
    Slide tackles are ridiculous in this game! I very rarely find myself facing the opponents goal on the way to it because of homing sliding tackles. I almost have to backheel my way there.

I like a good sliding tackle in real football, but they are few and far between now due to the risk of it being judged dangerous. Virtually every tackle in fifa would be deemed dangerous in a real game.
  • Colonel_Getafe
    87 posts Park Captain
    Love a good slide tackle plus much better than standing tackle as those little dribble gits can't get the ball back when they are on their arse.

• shiaan
    404 posts Sunday League Hero
    Patience is the key if you try to run to them then it will leave gaps in behind
  • DeanoZoff

nope. dribbling/skills gets nerfed every year. people want to remove everything that can make one player better than the other. defending is already too easy.

you have 9 outfield players controlled by ai, they wont make human mistakes. there is only so far passing can get you against good opponents.

Some of your points make sense.

But it just looks stupid and unrealistic