How to reach div 1:

Teepo
146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Two months ago, I was stuck at div 2 and 3.
I hadn't touched Fifa 17 since then before I started yesterday.
Now it was a breeze getting to Div 1.

It all became so much easier after having played a couple of master League Seasons
of PES6, trying to defend against the hardcore scripting and getting through
the airtight AI defense.

in Fifa it's difficult to become good since the game is so horrible at teaching you
the fundamentals required to be div1 material.

It was just very surprising to not having touched the game for a long time and
dominating from the moment i picked up the Controller...

Thank you, Konami!

Comments

• Dharps19
    1296 posts Play-Off Hero
    Been stuck in division 3 for about 2 month always getting 15 points... Rn I have 16 points with 2 games left and need 18 points... Very nervous
  • Dharps19
    1296 posts Play-Off Hero
    :# :# :#
  • Spurs1123
    1939 posts Fans' Favourite
    Teepo wrote: »
    Two months ago, I was stuck at div 2 and 3.
    I hadn't touched Fifa 17 since then before I started yesterday.
    Now it was a breeze getting to Div 1.

It all became so much easier after having played a couple of master League Seasons
    of PES6, trying to defend against the hardcore scripting and getting through
    the airtight AI defense.

in Fifa it's difficult to become good since the game is so horrible at teaching you
    the fundamentals required to be div1 material.

It was just very surprising to not having touched the game for a long time and
    dominating from the moment i picked up the Controller...

Thank you, Konami!

At some point people have to start realizing that it's not the game's fault people aren't good at the game, it's your own skill. It takes many many games to get to the top tier in Fifa. This is the most balanced fifa to date imo. D1 is very easy this year, as most players strictly play WL. Get more games in and work on your flaws. If you are good at defending, work on offense. Or vice versa. It's like anything else, if you don't put the work in to get better, and you only play casually, you will remain a mediocre player.
  • I'm 3 for 3 so far in div 2, hoping to get promoted to div 1 so I qualify for the wl, its my only hope as I can never win the wl torney. I do find seasons easier at the weekend as all the good players are in the wl.
  • BILLYT96
    476 posts Sunday League Hero
    Playing career mode on legendary difficulty is what helped me the most

Teaches you to be more patient in your build up play and more patient in your defending also

Highly recommend it to anyone that wants to git gud at FIFA, playing against the computer is pretty dead but it'll make you a far better player
  • tatadwader
    2408 posts Fans' Favourite
    Why you play divisions during the WL it is much easier. All the actual D1 players are playing the WL. I made D1 a month ago during the WL and I'm normally a D3 player.
  • tatadwader
    2408 posts Fans' Favourite
    *When
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    BILLYT96 wrote: »
    Playing career mode on legendary difficulty is what helped me the most

Teaches you to be more patient in your build up play and more patient in your defending also

Highly recommend it to anyone that wants to git gud at FIFA, playing against the computer is pretty dead but it'll make you a far better player

Playing against the TOTW on Ultimate difficulty has been helpful to me because it can be quite hard to defend because they play almost perfectly. For passing and patience like in career mode it is good. Also doing some of the skill games but nothing beats playing games online. If you can recognise your weaknesses and work on them online against better or difficult opponents the better you will get. Also playing friendlies with someone that is better than you is helpful because you can get feedback.

• Dharps19
    1296 posts Play-Off Hero
    If you make it to div. 1 does that mean u qualify for weekend league