3ATB?

Shearer09NUFC1
1205 posts Professional
Has anyone used 3atb a lot this year? If so is it a viable system to use? Mainly thinking 3-5-2 but I'm not sure if that's the best!

Comments

• eseska79
    1064 posts Professional
    Has anyone used 3atb a lot this year? If so is it a viable system to use? Mainly thinking 3-5-2 but I'm not sure if that's the best!

Fun at DKO but you ll get ❤️❤️❤️❤️ in the WL
  • TheDrifter
    861 posts Semi-Pro
    I've just started a 3412. Found it tough first few games but you have a lot of attacking options. Hoping my fast CBs cope with good players once I get used to their positions.
    I think Width setting on Custom tactics is the.key, but not cracked it yet.
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    Viable, but better formations out there.
  • CBrueggs15
    585 posts An Exciting Prospect
    3421 hand downs the best

Managed over 20 wins in WL, probably would've done better with a back 4 however.

• Currieman
    5018 posts Big Money Move
    I used 3-5-2 for a good couple of months and it is great because it gives you the extra man in midfield but I find it easier to defend with 4 defenders than 3.

With 3 the better players will exploit the fact that there's only 3 defenders (even if your wingers are set to track back).

You can get some success from it but I definitely think it's better to have 4atb
  • Dwallace
    37 posts Park Captain
    Also interested in this. which is best league for 3atb? Surely have to be calcio A?
  • jdros
    2657 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited April 2017
    Used 3421 from November. I'm basically retired as of this week, but always got gold every week using it.

Most people have no idea how to play against it and it is a great counter to the narrow formations. I struggled most against the wide 4atbs
  • Shearer09NUFC1
    1205 posts Professional
    Hmmm, probably isn't the best idea but I'll give it a go a later on tonight and see how I fare.

Thanks for the responses
  • Flooby
    723 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Dwallace wrote: »
    Also interested in this. which is best league for 3atb? Surely have to be calcio A?

Ligue 1 is actually the best imo.

Bernado silva and lemar are solid options at rm and lm respectively.

For 3 at back to work you need your wide midfielders to be ok at defending.
  • DobbyDooDah
    5710 posts Big Money Move
    3-4-2-1: If you can afford a ridiculous team it plays amazing. I've hit Elite 1 using it. Sounds scrubby but I mostly played on Ultra D, counter attack with it but it doesn't feel that way on the pitch.

The team needs to be mega though, mine was a 10-11M team :/
  • Austintatious
    2289 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hmmm, probably isn't the best idea but I'll give it a go a later on tonight and see how I fare.

Thanks for the responses

Have you considered playing with one of the 5atb formations but then adjusting the tactics so it basically plays as a 352?

Ie. Attacking focussed wingbacks ala Alves, Alaba,
    Motm Pedro etc on 'always overlap'
    Changing your mentality to attacking at kickoff.

I think you'll have a much better time results wise and you'll feel more secure.
  • Il THE WOLF lI
    4683 posts National Call-Up
    I'm not a fan of it, but a friend of mine runs it and gets Elite every week using it. Very hard to defend and his players cover every gap.
  • Shearer09NUFC1
    1205 posts Professional

Thanks for the responses

Have you considered playing with one of the 5atb formations but then adjusting the tactics so it basically plays as a 352?

I think you'll have a much better time results wise and you'll feel more secure.

That's actually a quality shout, I'll defo give that a go, cheers mate!
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    It works well with LB/RB at LM/RM.
  • Il THE WOLF lI
    4683 posts National Call-Up
    I'm not a fan of it, but a friend of mine runs it and gets Elite every week using it. Very hard to defend and his players cover every gap.

This is what he uses, but swaps Gomez to LM and Hazard to RST in game.

6a9023d0-4991-4905-9432-e4bc13a28102_Thumbnail.png
  • Shearer09NUFC1
    1205 posts Professional
    edited April 2017

Thanks for the responses

How do you think this would play? I'll swap Ibra and coutinho in game! I already have everyone bar Keane so I may as well try it
    CsIBVPw.jpg
  • Shearer09NUFC1
    1205 posts Professional

Wow! That's a very nice team
  • Austintatious
    2289 posts Fans' Favourite

Thanks for the responses

How do you think this would play? I'll swap Ibra and coutinho in game! I already have everyone bar Keane so I may as well try it
    CsIBVPw.jpg

Looks insane haha. I'd probably swap Keane for Veron personally. Let me know it goes.
  • MikeyP_FC
    14145 posts Has That Special Something

That is so attacking- I love it.

I swap to 3421 if I'm down by two at HT. Amazing how confident going forward it feels
  • Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    Used 3-5-2 and went from div 3 to 6 in no time. Was a disaster for me as was just getting cut open for fun.
  • Sean2On
    1170 posts Professional
    5212 is a much better option on Ultra Attack and always overlap for your fullbacks. They aren't the best goal getters but if you have the top end ones (IF Florenzi/TOTY Marcelo) then it can work wonders. Feels like a 3412 at times but your defenders always have the precense of mind when they should come back.
  • Carlos181
    4056 posts National Call-Up
    Used it for a while in the WL and I did fine. It's definitely nice to have the extra attack power, but don't recommend if you can't defend fairly well with your CBs on counters and down the wings.