How do you think the market would have been like now if there were no SBCs in this game

MrChazy
302 posts Sunday League Hero
Title

Comments

• Uncle Remus
    2020 posts Fans' Favourite
    Prices on average would be lower.
  • QceCapo
    5659 posts Big Money Move
    NIF Zlaten would be at about 70k
  • Lilwhit
    516 posts Sunday League Hero
    QceCapo wrote: »
    NIF Zlaten would be at about 70k

No way that would happen. He is in the Epl this year and is the highest rated striker in the league. Guessing he'd be 100k less.
  • joeboy88
    243 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bronze and silvers 200 bins
  • edwinstree
    8387 posts League Winner
    Probably about the same. FUT Champ rewards are the main reason prices are higher this year, not SBC's.
  • Gromit
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    Prices could be even higher, WL creates a huge coin influx weekly. SBC are a coin drain used by EA to suck coins out of your club.
  • Nate
    2152 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yea high usage players would be around the same, shittier golds and almost all bronzes and silvers wouldn't be worth anything bar a select few. Also there would be a lot more of certain IFs around due to them not being sacrificed for SBCs
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    Gromit wrote: »
    Prices could be even higher, WL creates a huge coin influx weekly. SBC are a coin drain used by EA to suck coins out of your club.

@Gromit i think this is a misunderstanding of how the SBCs work

they are indeed taking coins out of your club when you complete them, but they're not being removed from the system. When you buy a silver team for 30k to complete an expensive SBC that 30k doesn't disapear, it enters the market and goes to the accounts that you bought the players from.

the only coins that are actually removed are the tax paid for selling, and discard price of the cards you turn in. and then most SBCs have coin rewards that replenish those coins lost to what would have been discard, and often a pack that contains at least the discard price of the team you turned in

so I think these SBCs could be adding way more coins to the market than people realize. They certainly aren't taking coins out.
  • RadioShaq
    18134 posts Moderator
    Most top end players are the same price as last year like Messi. The medium price and silver and bronze players would be cheaper though.
  • Gromit
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    Clancy wrote: »

they are indeed taking coins out of your club when you complete them, but they're not being removed from the system. When you buy a silver team for 30k to complete an expensive SBC that 30k doesn't disapear, it enters the market and goes to the accounts that you bought the players from.

the only coins that are actually removed are the tax paid for selling, and discard price of the cards you turn in. and then most SBCs have coin rewards that replenish those coins lost to what would have been discard, and often a pack that contains at least the discard price of the team you turned in

so I think these SBCs could be adding way more coins to the market than people realize. They certainly aren't taking coins out.

@Clancy

But there are all kinds of SBC and they all have there own effect on your coin balance. Some are profitable. But what about the premium ones. When 84 rated cards that were 1200 coins suddenly become 6k+ and your reward is an untradable card? EA tempt people in, people blow thousands of coins on untradable cards which they've spent over the odds to complete.
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Most top end players are the same price as last year like Messi. The medium price and silver and bronze players would be cheaper though.

I think this could be due to the fact that there are waaaay more special cards this year compared to past years.

top rated SBCs, bday cards, movember, weekly MOTM teams that are in packs for a week for CL, EL, cup matches

there's so many other ways to spend coins this year
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner

@Clancy

But there are all kinds of SBC and they all have there own effect on your coin balance. Some are profitable. But what about the premium ones. When 84 rated cards that were 1200 coins suddenly become 6k+ and your reward is an untradable card? EA tempt people in, people blow thousands of coins on untradable cards which they've spent over the odds to complete.

but again, blowing these thousands into the market not out of circulation. the only coins disapearing from the market are the loss of the discard price of that team. even for a team of 11 84+ rated rares thats a discard price of 7k

the gold upgrade and 82+ guarantee are SBCs that actually remove coins from the market, but then these cards can be used in future SBCs that have actual tradeable rewards bringing coins back into the market.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16651 posts World Class

Sbcs do take coins off the market I've seen this argument 100 times this year.

Say for example there's 1 million players on the market worth a total of 100 million and 1000 of them players are bought of the market for 1k each to be put through sbcs that's 1 million coins worth of players removed from the market and removed from the system that will never go back onto the market whereas if they weren't going through sbcs the players at some stage would go back onto the market creating more coins so putting players through sbcs does actually take coins off the market as you basically put coins into the SBC to get back an untradable card that holds no value at all.
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner

Say for example there's 1 million players on the market worth a total of 100 million and 1000 of them players are bought of the market for 1k each to be put through sbcs that's 1 million coins worth of players removed from the market and removed from the system that will never go back onto the market whereas if they weren't going through sbcs the players at some stage would go back onto the market creating more coins so putting players through sbcs does actually take coins off the market as you basically put coins into the SBC to get back an untradable card that holds no value at all.

but you arent taking 1k out of the market for each player, you're only taking 650 coins that it discards for off the market. when you spend 600k to do the lukaku SBC the coins don't disapear, they go into some other guys coin stack and back into the system. also the sentence I put in bold makes zero sense. "at some stage they would go back on the market creating more coins"?

for the SBC with no reward besides an untradeable player yes, that removes coins. but thats the only one that definetly removes coins, at most 6k at a time, and even then the players can be used in future SBCs that have tradeable rewards (like i got an 86 kompany from 82+ upgrade and used it in tradeable TOTW sbc). so they entirely wiped out, although likely a net loss for overall coins on the market

but for league SBCs where u get a tradeable pack for completing each squad and then 30-40k coin reward at the end there is hardly, if any, coin loss. I'd have to count up each pack u get and its average discard value, but considering many teams an be done with mostly bronze/silver you're talking 3k-7k discard value per team. even in a league with 20 teams thats on the high end 100k discard for the whole challenge. Considering you then get 35k or 40k coin reward, and 20 packs of varying value you could have a net gain on coins by the end
  • phep
    2005 posts Fans' Favourite

You just contradicted yourself massively. If 1000 cards are sold for 1k each, only 50k is taken off the market (the 5% sales tax). The other 950k is now in the pocket of the people selling the 1000 players. If the players are destroyed by SBCs then they're not being sold any more. If they're constantly being re sold, the tax is taking more and more coins every time. I've done every league SBC and may POTM ones, yet I have more coins than I've ever had before, because although I've destroyed loads of players, I've also sold loads for way over the odds due to SBC. So yes, you may have paid 3k for some random bronze australian right back, but I sold 10 of them and am now 30k better off. SBCs don't remove coins at all. They just transfer them to people with the players to sell.
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    phep wrote: »

You just contradicted yourself massively. If 1000 cards are sold for 1k each, only 50k is taken off the market (the 5% sales tax). The other 950k is now in the pocket of the people selling the 1000 players. If the players are destroyed by SBCs then they're not being sold any more. If they're constantly being re sold, the tax is taking more and more coins every time. I've done every league SBC and may POTM ones, yet I have more coins than I've ever had before, because although I've destroyed loads of players, I've also sold loads for way over the odds due to SBC. So yes, you may have paid 3k for some random bronze australian right back, but I sold 10 of them and am now 30k better off. SBCs don't remove coins at all. They just transfer them to people with the players to sell.

yes, this is what the case is!

however it is not because you are able to make coins off SBCs by trading, that is true but doesn't have a bearing on the overall coin pool. when you sell the 3k bronze back that's not adding or removing any coins from the market besides tax. When someone uses that 3k bronze in a SBC they're actually removing forever the discard price of that card.

but what I'm saying is because discard price is the only thing actually being removed, I think the coin and tradeable pack returns likely cancel out the coins taken away from discard value. and even possibly add to the total coins in circulation

or maybe at most take away a very slight amount of coins.

• phep

yes, this is what the case is!

however it is not because you are able to make coins off SBCs by trading, that is true but doesn't have a bearing on the overall coin pool. when you sell the 3k bronze back that's not adding or removing any coins from the market besides tax. When someone uses that 3k bronze in a SBC they're actually removing forever the discard price of that card.

but what I'm saying is because discard price is the only thing actually being removed, I think the coin and tradeable pack returns likely cancel out the coins taken away from discard value. and even possibly add to the total coins in circulation

or maybe at most take away a very slight amount of coins.

Indeed I agree. Maybe there's an argument that the slightly inflated prices remove slightly more tax than the pre SBC world, but I personally don't think it's significant. The use of SBCs as a "coin drain" is a total myth.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16651 posts World Class

There was nothing contradicting about that at all i said that would be 1 million coins worth of players taken off the market that won't ever make it back onto the market it's nothing to do with tax that's also something that takes coins of the market but nothing to do with this topic.

And I'm not arguing that you can make profit due to sbcs as everyone knows that's the case with inflated prices I've made a couple of million myself that way but sbcs take cards off the market which in theory is taking coins off the market no matter what way you look at it.
  • CFCHenri
    4319 posts National Call-Up
    I could buy Neuer for 40k
  • phep

There was nothing contradicting about that at all i said that would be 1 million coins worth of players taken off the market that won't ever make it back onto the market it's nothing to do with tax that's also something that takes coins of the market but nothing to do with this topic.

And I'm not arguing that you can make profit due to sbcs as everyone knows that's the case with inflated prices I've made a couple of million myself that way but sbcs take cards off the market which in theory is taking coins off the market no matter what way you look at it.

Yeah... 1 million coins worth of players are gone off the market... but the 1 million coins haven't gone anywhere. The coins are still on the market, pushing prices up as smart traders now have more money. There are only 3 ways coins are taken out of the market (aside from EA coin wipes). These are buying packs, buying into a draft and paying tax. These are the only 3 ways of removing coins. Putting players on the market doesn't create coins either. In fact it only removes coins from the market due to tax. The coins you personally gain by selling came from someone else, they weren't created.
  • juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner
    Prices would be much, much lower. The majority of players up to 87 rating would be near their discard price. No way a Handanović still be 14k. These SBC's have ruined the market, but it's exactly what EA wanted...