FC Vaduz | From Liechtenstein to the Champions League | Season 2 | January (Taking a Break)

Comments

• sviraman
    91 posts Park Captain
    JamieC wrote: »
    Details like that are what I am planning to include for my Fifa 18 story.

I was only originally going to do the Wycombe story for the entirety of Fifa 17, but after accidentally saving a different career mode over it, I had to change plans. This Vaduz story is only supposed to fill in the gap between when I started it and when Fifa 18 comes out, so the lack of detail is because of that. I'm trying to get as far as I can before Fifa 18 comes out.

I do plan to have starting XI for important matches though, I just need to get to them first.

Oh, I see. I was just curious how the same players perform and progress in your Vaduz compared to mine. How's your Cecchini doing? I found him surprisingly good for his OVR.
    Also, would you mind if I started posting my Vaduz story on this forum? It's in a sort of world league type arrangement, so it's quite different.
  • JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    sviraman wrote: »
    JamieC wrote: »
    Details like that are what I am planning to include for my Fifa 18 story.

I was only originally going to do the Wycombe story for the entirety of Fifa 17, but after accidentally saving a different career mode over it, I had to change plans. This Vaduz story is only supposed to fill in the gap between when I started it and when Fifa 18 comes out, so the lack of detail is because of that. I'm trying to get as far as I can before Fifa 18 comes out.

I do plan to have starting XI for important matches though, I just need to get to them first.

Oh, I see. I was just curious how the same players perform and progress in your Vaduz compared to mine. How's your Cecchini doing? I found him surprisingly good for his OVR.
    Also, would you mind if I started posting my Vaduz story on this forum? It's in a sort of world league type arrangement, so it's quite different.

In my first season, I used him in rotation and he did a good job despite not being high overall. Currently on the second season and he hasn't made an appearance yet, as I now have more players in his areas so playing time is more limited for him. He does make a substitute appearance in my next update so you will see how he does then.

My current team is this:

4-4-1-1 Attack:

GK: Benjamin Siegrist - 64 OVR
    RB: Marco Padalino - 61 OVR
    CB: Gregory Wüthrich - 65 OVR
    CB: Alain Wiss - 65 OVR
    LB: Andreas Wittwer - 67 OVR
    RM: Thierry Moutinho - 71 OVR
    CM: Dennis Hediger - 65 OVR
    CM: Dejan Janjatović - 68 OVR
    LM: Adrian Nikçi - 67 OVR
    CF: Ali Messaoud - 68 OVR
    ST: Andrea Favilli - 70 OVR

SUB1: Peter Jehle - 61 OVR
    SUB2: Enrico Schirinzi - 60 OVR
    SUB3: Philipp Muntwiler - 63 OVR
    SUB4: Stjepan Kukuruzović - 64 OVR
    SUB5: Gonzalo Zárate - 63 OVR
    SUB6: Marco Mathys - 64 OVR
    SUB7: Orhan Ademi - 65 OVR

It's perfectly fine if you wish to post your story on the forums! :smiley:
  • Ashy
    9455 posts League Winner
    Dang that injury looks horrid! Results not going too well but great to see you get the 3-0 win in the last game, good to hear you will be doing a Fifa 18 story too, the hype is coming soon!
  • sviraman
    91 posts Park Captain
    Thanks for the writeup. Will keep my eyes peeled for Cecchini's appearance. ;)
    Good luck in EL, that's a tough group, but you're doing ok so far. The game has got to stop cheating itself into goals though, that's just not right.
  • valdeOLENCOOL
    20004 posts Club Captain
    Such a shame Vaduz got relegated irl :cry:
  • JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    Ashy wrote: »
    Dang that injury looks horrid! Results not going too well but great to see you get the 3-0 win in the last game, good to hear you will be doing a Fifa 18 story too, the hype is coming soon!

Hopefully Fifa 18 has something new for Career Mode, but I'm not holding my breath. :neutral:
    Thanks for the writeup. Will keep my eyes peeled for Cecchini's appearance. ;)
    Good luck in EL, that's a tough group, but you're doing ok so far. The game has got to stop cheating itself into goals though, that's just not right.

The game is just reminding me my place in the game! :joy:
    Such a shame Vaduz got relegated irl :cry:

:cry:
  • JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    edited May 2017
    NOVEMBER PART 1

EUROPA LEAGUE GROUP STAGE MATCHDAY 4

Vaduz fight hard to a get a point against a strong Villarreal side.
    Euro4.png

MATCHDAY 15

Cecchini scores in the dying seconds to save Vaduz from an embarrassing result against bottom of the table Lugano.
    M15.png

Andrea Favilli suffered a sprained ankle during the Lugano game and will be out for 4 weeks.
  • Ashy
    9455 posts League Winner
    Great results, good strong away European performance against Villarreal there and a massive last goal in the league to get all 3 points! Yes! Shame about the injury but 4 weeks isn't so bad
  • sviraman
    91 posts Park Captain
    Aww man, what a supersub, that Cecchini. :D
  • JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    Great results, good strong away European performance against Villarreal there and a massive last goal in the league to get all 3 points! Yes! Shame about the injury but 4 weeks isn't so bad

He was pretty much back after 2 weeks so it wasn't so bad! :smiley:
    Aww man, what a supersub, that Cecchini. :D

His solo effort in the dying seconds has made him a fan favourite!
  • JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    NOVEMBER PART 2

MATCHDAY 16

González scores late to steal the 3 points.
    M16.png

EUROPA LEAGUE GROUP STAGE MATCHDAY 5

Köln too much for Vaduz as they finish top of the group, with second place still up for grabs with the 3 remaining sides.
    Euro%205.png

MATCHDAY 17

Ben Khalifa scores in the very last second to cause heartbreak for Vaduz.
    M17.png
    EofNov%20Table.png

EofNov%20TS.png

EofNov%20Euro.png
  • sviraman
    91 posts Park Captain
    Oh, that's an unfortunate series of results, especially with the late goals. And in the EL, got to win the last game and hope for the convenient result in the other game, that's a difficult situation. Well, hope the team can regain its best form.
  • Ashy
    9455 posts League Winner
    Ouch two late goals cost you points in the league there and Basel have a bit of a gap now, as for the Europa League lose well the final game is a big one, it's going to the wire!
  • valdeOLENCOOL
    20004 posts Club Captain
    Former Vaduz player scored against you too
  • JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    Oh, that's an unfortunate series of results, especially with the late goals. And in the EL, got to win the last game and hope for the convenient result in the other game, that's a difficult situation. Well, hope the team can regain its best form.

Let's hope!
    Ouch two late goals cost you points in the league there and Basel have a bit of a gap now, as for the Europa League lose well the final game is a big one, it's going to the wire!

It's going to be dramatic that's for sure!
    Former Vaduz player scored against you too

:cry:
  • JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    DECMEBER

MATCHDAY 18

Stjepan Kukuruzović scores twice as Vaduz end their 2017 in the league with a win.
    M18.png

EUROPA LEAGUE GROUP STAGE MATCHDAY 6

Kace stunning shot from outside the box is enough to see PAOK take second place in the group stage and knock Vaduz out of Europe.
    Euro6.png
    EofYear%20Table.png

EofYear%20TS.png

EofYear%20Euro.png
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Well... I guess you could expect the early exit from the UEL but it was so near... well done anyway.

In the league Basel is in another planet but the season is good so far. Without the effort of thr European competition, I wish you can fight for higher goals... difficult but there's time for it.

• JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    subpop wrote: »
    Well... I guess you could expect the early exit from the UEL but it was so near... well done anyway.

In the league Basel is in another planet but the season is good so far. Without the effort of thr European competition, I wish you can fight for higher goals... difficult but there's time for it.

I started well beating Köln in the first game (which is the only game they lost as they won the remaining 5!) but I think the roatation between the league and Europe cost me, as having to play a weaker side in the league, just so I had my strongest for Europe, meant that my poor performance in the league would affect the Europa league a few days later, but now that I am out, I should do much better in the league. Hopefully I can get that 2nd place and go for Champions League! :smiley:

It'll probably take a few seasons before I can reach Basels level, so getting that 2nd place will be top priority for now until I get a better team.
  • JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    JANUARY

As it is now the winter break, it means this month just transfers. (Also please ignore that the tweets say Jan 2017 when it should say 2018, I always do this :cry: )
    1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png