FC Vaduz | From Liechtenstein to the Champions League | Season 2 | January (Taking a Break)

Comments

  • JamieC
    799 posts Semi-Pro
    #WherePreSeasonAt?
  • valdeOLENCOOL
    20006 posts Club Captain
    Burgmeier <3
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Good start, definitely. Hopefully you'll be able to do even better than last year even with the very strict rules you're forced to follow. :)
  • Ashy
    9568 posts League Winner
    Pretty good start to the season really, draws against the top 2 teams in the league from last season and then a big 4-1 win in match 3, consistency is key though
  • JamieC
    799 posts Semi-Pro
    AUGUST PART 1

    Konrad.png

    MATCHDAY 4

    Thierry Moutinho's first goal cancelled out by Gabriel Torres as honours even at the Stade Olympique de la Pontaise.
    M4%20LS.png

    MATCHDAY 5

    Youngest Alex Lüthi scores a last minute header to give Vaduz the victory.
    M5%20Thun.png

    Buumlhler.png
    AXEL.png

    EUROPA LEAGUE PLAY-OFF 1ST LEG

    Vaduz fight hard to get a 0-0 draw to give them hope going into the 2nd Leg.
    EUPO1.png
  • Ashy
    9568 posts League Winner
    Fantastic last minute winner against Thun there in that five goal thriller and pretty good start in the Europa League with an away draw, an away goal would of been nice though so now you must win at home one way or another
  • JamieC
    799 posts Semi-Pro
    Ashy wrote: »
    Fantastic last minute winner against Thun there in that five goal thriller and pretty good start in the Europa League with an away draw, an away goal would of been nice though so now you must win at home one way or another

    That last minute header was a thing of beauty!

    I was lucky not to lose the first leg! AZ played well defensively and had some good chances, but I was just able to get the draw heading into the home game, so now its all or nothing! :smiley:
  • JamieC
    799 posts Semi-Pro
    edited May 2017
    AUGUST PART 2

    Grippo.png

    MATCHDAY 6

    Ademi scores the only goal in a game where Vaduz should have scored more.
    M6%20Lug.png
    Gregory.png

    EUROPA LEAGUE PLAY-OFF 2ND LEG

    Andrea Favilli scores a hattrick as Vaduz make it to the Europa League Group Stage.
    EuropaPlayOff2.png

    Aldin.png

    MATCHDAY 7

    Vaduz disappointed to not walk away with the 3 points after the amount of chances they had.
    M7%20Sion.png

    Ivan.png
    EofAug%20Table.png
    EofAug%20TS.png

    FC Vaduz has been drawn in Group C of the Europa League.

    Group C:

    Villarreal CF (Spain)
    1. FC Köln (Germany)
    PAOK (Greece)
    FC Vaduz (Lichtenstein/Switzerland)


    TRANSFERS:


    IN:

    Marco Padalino - FC Lugano (Free Transfer)
    Dennis Hediger - FC Thun (Free Transfer)
    Freddy Mveng - FC Sion (Free Transfer)
    Gabriel Lüchinger -SCR Altach (Free Transfer)
    Orhan Ademi - SV Reid (Free Transfer)
    Enrico Schirinzi - FC Thun (Free Transfer)
    Adrian Nikçi - Union Berlin (Free Transfer)
    Andreas Wittwer - FC St. Gallen (Free Transfer)
    Alain Wiss - FC St. Gallen (Free Transfer)
    Thierry Moutinho - RCD Mallorca (€2M)
    Gregory Wüthrich - BSC Young Boys (€650k)
    Ivan Lurati - FC Sion (€275k)


    OUT:

    Maurice Brunner - Longford Town (€90k)
    Thomas Konrad - FC Thun (€200k)
    Mario Bühler - Silkeborg IF (€250k)
    Simone Grippo - FC Lugano (€150k)
    Axel Borgmann - FC Luzern (€500k)
    Aldin Turkes - FC Sion (€300k)
    Post edited by JamieC on
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2017
    Yeeees!!! Favilli! :)
    Nice to see you join the Europa League, man... Much deserved if you ask me!

    About that late goal conceded against Sion, well... Late goals give (like the one against Thun), late goals take away. Keep it up!
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Very tight in the top5... good results overall.

    But most important, great achievement in the Europa League. The group you're in is tough, but I am willing to see how Vaduz perform there.
  • Ashy
    9568 posts League Winner
    Awesome to see you are in the Europa League group stage now, only 3 points off the leaders so all is well good start to the season
  • JamieC
    799 posts Semi-Pro
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Yeeees!!! Favilli! :)
    Nice to see you join the Europa League, man... Much deserved if you ask me!

    About that late goal conceded against Sion, well... Late goals give (like the one against Thun), late goals take away. Keep it up!

    Difference between the two late goals is that I deserved to win my one! :joy:
    subpop wrote: »
    Very tight in the top5... good results overall.

    But most important, great achievement in the Europa League. The group you're in is tough, but I am willing to see how Vaduz perform there.

    I've got Favilli, I should be fine! :smiley:
    Ashy wrote: »
    Awesome to see you are in the Europa League group stage now, only 3 points off the leaders so all is well good start to the season

    Just got to stay consistent!
  • JamieC
    799 posts Semi-Pro
    SEPTEMBER PART 1

    MATCHDAY 8

    Margiotta the only goalscorer as Vaduz frustrated to not get any points.
    M8.png

    EUROPA LEAGUE GROUP STAGE MATCHDAY 1

    Andrea Favilli scores twice as Vaduz win their first game in the Europa League.
    Euro%201.png
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Amazing victory in the UEL after the defeat in the league... did you rotate too much?
  • Danimal5981
    2172 posts Fans' Favourite
    There's a first time for everything. Well done.
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Great win in the UEL! I agree with subpop though, it looks like at the moment your squad isn't really ready for heavy rotation, if this is what you did in the league.
  • Ashy
    9568 posts League Winner
    Lovely 2-0 win to kick off Europa League group stage, always nice to get a win after the first game, home games in these competitions are key imo, win all 3 and you should qualify to the knockouts.
  • JamieC
    799 posts Semi-Pro
    subpop wrote: »
    Amazing victory in the UEL after the defeat in the league... did you rotate too much?

    Yes, I rotated because the Köln game was only a few days away and I wanted a full strength side, it cost me, but I'm sure I can make it up later.
    There's a first time for everything. Well done.

    :smiley:
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Great win in the UEL! I agree with subpop though, it looks like at the moment your squad isn't really ready for heavy rotation, if this is what you did in the league.

    I've learned my lesson, only take out the players that can't play two games in 5 days.
    Ashy wrote: »
    Lovely 2-0 win to kick off Europa League group stage, always nice to get a win after the first game, home games in these competitions are key imo, win all 3 and you should qualify to the knockouts.

    That's the goal!
  • JamieC
    799 posts Semi-Pro
    SEPTEMBER PART 2

    MATCHDAY 9

    Vaduz comfortably beat their local rivals.
    M9.png

    MATCHDAY 10

    Vaduz pull off the win as both sides rest key players for their Europa League game.
    M10.png

    EUROPA LEAGUE GROUP STAGE MATCHDAY 2

    Messaoud scores late to claim a vital point against Villarreal.
    Euro2.png
    EoSep%20Table.png

    EoSep%20TS.png

    Europe1.png

  • Alastair
    10042 posts Moderator
    Amazing results in the EL and good to see you're challenging at the top in the league even with the extra games and limitations.

    What happened to preseason though?
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Amazing season so far... I didn't expect Vaduz to do much in the UEL group stage, to be honest... so it is a nice surprise.

    And the run in the league is great too.

    Great job!
  • Danimal5981
    2172 posts Fans' Favourite
    [nudge] you heard that joke about a Liechtenstein team kicking **** in European football? *wink*
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah, happy to see you so close to the top... Don't give up man, just don't! :)
  • JamieC
    799 posts Semi-Pro
    Alastair wrote: »
    Amazing results in the EL and good to see you're challenging at the top in the league even with the extra games and limitations.

    What happened to preseason though?

    Some of the leagues in the game don't have a preseason in the second season for some reason. It should be in next season though.

    I guess the reason could be that some leagues end a month earlier than the main ones. (Swiss league made me start the next season after May ended, where in England it would be end of June) and that mucks up the Preseason tournaments. That is my only guess though.
    subpop wrote: »
    Amazing season so far... I didn't expect Vaduz to do much in the UEL group stage, to be honest... so it is a nice surprise.

    And the run in the league is great too.

    Great job!

    I'm surprised to be doing well as well! :smiley:
    [nudge] you heard that joke about a Liechtenstein team kicking **** in European football? *wink*

    :wink:
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Yeah, happy to see you so close to the top... Don't give up man, just don't! :)

    We are on a crusade and we will not be stopped!
  • JamieC
    799 posts Semi-Pro
    OCTOBER PART 1


    MATCHDAY 11

    A bad day at the office for Vaduz.
    M11.png

    MATCHDAY 12

    Ajeti cancels out Kukuruzović as both teams walk away with just a point.
    M12.png
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Ouch... these results are a sudden stop. Hopefully it is just an accident. Perhaps playing in two competitions makes it even harder. There's time to reverse the situation.
  • sviraman
    98 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hey, I coach Vaduz too, nice to see a colleague. You incude very few details about the team. Could do with some info about your squad at least the starting XI, or more about the matches, like which players perform well, tactics and whatnot?
  • JamieC
    799 posts Semi-Pro
    subpop wrote: »
    Ouch... these results are a sudden stop. Hopefully, it is just an accident. Perhaps playing in two competitions makes it even harder. There's time to reverse the situation.

    Nah, it's because I am playing in October! :joy:

    If you remember in my Wycombe story, I always had trouble during October and it seems to have continued on with the Vaduz story as well!
    sviraman wrote: »
    Hey, I coach Vaduz too, nice to see a colleague. You include very few details about the team. Could do with some info about your squad at least the starting XI, or more about the matches, like which players perform well tactics and whatnot?

    Details like that are what I am planning to include for my Fifa 18 story.

    I was only originally going to do the Wycombe story for the entirety of Fifa 17, but after accidentally saving a different career mode over it, I had to change plans. This Vaduz story is only supposed to fill in the gap between when I started it and when Fifa 18 comes out, so the lack of detail is because of that. I'm trying to get as far as I can before Fifa 18 comes out.

    I do plan to have starting XI for important matches though, I just need to get to them first.
  • JamieC
    799 posts Semi-Pro
    OCTOBER PART 2

    EUROPA LEAGUE GROUP STAGE MATCHDAY 3

    Black magic involved as PAOK claim the 3 points.
    Euro%203.png

    MATCHDAY 13

    Vaduz unfortunate to not walk away with the 3 points as they multiple chances to put the game to rest.
    M13.png

    MATCHDAY 14

    Vaduz end the month with their only win against a very poor Sion side that only had one shot all game.
    M14.png

    EndofOct%20Table.png

    EofOct%20TS.png

    EofOct%20Euro.png

  • JamieC
    799 posts Semi-Pro
    Now let's talk about the PAOK game.

    The first goal was a penalty, but when it happened, my goalie went the right way and had his hand on the ball, so I thought "Yes! He saved it!" You should have seen my face when I saw the ball go into the back of the net.

    Confused, I checked the instant replay and saw this:
    FIFA%2017%20Career%20Match%20In%20Menus_3.jpg

    The ball has gone through his hand! No slight deflection to say that he touched it and still went in, it just went right through him! Whenever the AI makes a save like that, the physics make sure to push it out, but for me, it decided that physics no longer exist!

    Now for the second goal, it looked weird when they scored, so I checked the replay again:
    FIFA%2017%20Career%20Match%20In%20Menus_4.jpg

    His legs and feet are not supposed to bend that way! :joy:

    The photo does not do it justice. His left leg bends in ways not humanly possible as it goes through his right leg to slot it into the back of the net! The game was doing everything it could do to make sure I couldn't win, including having PAOK seeing a Witch Doctor to make their players not human!

    I don't need a better defence in the transfer window, I need an exorcist! :joy:
Sign In or Register to comment.