FC Vaduz | From Liechtenstein to the Champions League | Season 2 | January (Taking a Break)

Comments

• Danimal5981
    2240 posts Fans' Favourite
    Finally ending the drought
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Back on track. The victory vs Sion is fundamental. Well done!
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah! Finally you ended that awful run... Back to European football spots man, with two convincing wins no less! :smiley:
  • JamieC
    803 posts Semi-Pro
    Finally ending the drought

A drought that went on for too long!
    subpop wrote: »
    Back on track. The victory vs Sion is fundamental. Well done!

Still shocked that I won to be honest! :joy:
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Yeah! Finally you ended that awful run... Back to European football spots man, with two convincing wins no less! :smiley:

It's get better!
  • JamieC
    803 posts Semi-Pro
    MARCH

MATCHDAY 23

Vincent Thill scores twice on his return as Vaduz destroy St. Gallen.
    M23%20St.%20Gallen.png

MATCHDAY 24

Vaduz brilliant form continues as they dominate bottom of the table Lausanne-Sport.
    M24%20LS.png

MATCHDAY 25

Favilli late goal is cancelled out by Sulejmani even later goal.
    M25%20YB.png

EofMar%20Table.png
    EofMar%20TS.png

Shen: "When I said I was hoping for consistency, this wasn't what I was expecting! I am very pleased with this months performance. We finally got a win over St. Gallen on our third time asking and it was a 5 star performance!

I was very pleased that we continued that rich form with a comfortable win against Lausanne-Sport. The Young Boys result was unfortunate, but they are a good side and it is still a good result for us.

We now sit six points clear in our European spot with eleven games remaining, if we keep this up, we will be enjoying a trip across Europe!"
  • Danimal5981
    On your way to the Europa League I'd say!
  • ale85bg
    Oh dear, you keep surprising us... Wonderful results, bouncing back like that after a very difficult period must have been a great feeling. :)
  • Alastair
    10062 posts Moderator
    Great results there. You may as well make sure your passport is up to date and buy a new suitcase cause I think you're going to need it. :)

It's a 36 game season I assume?
  • JoshDFC
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    with 11 games remaining you seem to have a nice comfortable gap but you must keep playing the way you are because if you slip up the pressure will be straight on you
  • JamieC
    803 posts Semi-Pro
    On your way to the Europa League I'd say!

Let's hope! :smiley:
    Oh dear, you keep surprising us... Wonderful results, bouncing back like that after a very difficult period must have been a great feeling. :)

I'm more shocked than you are!
    Alastair wrote: »
    Great results there. You may as well make sure your passport is up to date and buy a new suitcase cause I think you're going to need it. :)

It's a 36 game season I assume?

Imagine getting to the airport and forgetting the passport! :joy:

Yes, 10 teams that play each other 4 times, the ye old Scottish way.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    with 11 games remaining you seem to have a nice comfortable gap but you must keep playing the way you are because if you slip up the pressure will be straight on you

True, can't afford to slip.
  • JamieC
    803 posts Semi-Pro
    APRIL PART 1

MATCHDAY 26

A late Favilli penalty helps Vaduz salvage a point.
    M26%20Luzern.png

zwoep.png

MATCHDAY 27

3 goals, 3 different goalscorers as Vaduz record comfortable win against Lugano.
    M27%20Lugano.png

MATCHDAY 28

Tomáš Vaclík with a man of the match performance to stop Vaduz from coming back into it.
    M28%20Basel.png
  • Alastair
    10062 posts Moderator
    Hopefully that Thrill injury doesn't hamper your progress too much (not that it looks like it has so far).
  • ale85bg
    Well, the results are in line with your current table position. A win against Luzern would've given you a little more room to breath up there but hey, a draw is still a good result. :)
    Hopefully injuries don't get in your way too much.
  • Ashy
    9731 posts League Winner
    First time I've seen a Swiss league club story on here, top priority is to get a Europa League place this season and it looks like you are well on your way to doing that, unlucky losing to Basel at home in the latest game
  • JamieC
    803 posts Semi-Pro
    Hopefully that Thrill injury doesn't hamper your progress too much (not that it looks like it has so far).

Gong to miss him though :cry:
    Well, the results are in line with your current table position. A win against Luzern would've given you a little more room to breath up there but hey, a draw is still a good result. :)
    Hopefully injuries don't get in your way too much.

Haven't got the greatest squad without the injuries, players getting injured makes it worse!
    Ashy wrote: »
    First time I've seen a Swiss league club story on here, top priority is to get a Europa League place this season and it looks like you are well on your way to doing that, unlucky losing to Basel at home in the latest game

Considering my highest rated player is 68 and their lowest in the first team is 73, I think I did really well to only lose by the odd goal!
  • JamieC
    803 posts Semi-Pro
    APRIL PART 2

MATCHDAY 29

Grasshopper proved to be the better side in this late night match.
    M29%20Grasshopper.png

MATCHDAY 30

Vaduz win their final match against their closest rivals St. Gallen.
    m30%20St%20Gallen.png

MATCHDAY 31

Vaduz end the month beating Sion.
    M31%20Sion.png

EofApril%20Table.png

EoApril%20TS.png

Shen: "6 points clear with only 5 games to go. The team needs to stay strong and hold on. This will be a very nerve-racking end of the season, as our European hopes are in the hands of the players. I need the players to keep a clear head, as any mistakes can derail our hopes and I don't want the players to think it was their individual faults that did it, we succeed as a team, and we fail as a team. As long as there is unity I can see us in Europe."
  • Alastair
    10062 posts Moderator
    A good month there. I'd say you've as good as secured European football now. Hopefully you can get lucky and nick second place of Young Boys.
  • Tim1982
    1146 posts Professional
    Awesome thread, I love this! A few years back I decided to manage FC Vaduz on FM whilst on holiday in Switzerland. That afternoon my dad drove me to Vaduz and I walked freely around the Rheinpark Stadion and saw the players doing preseason training just after I'd been setting it up on FM. I snook into the changing rooms without anyone there to stop me and I found a squad list from the previous season with players' passport numbers etc! Kept it as a souvenir and still have it at home. 100% True story! That's why I still support FC Vaduz :smiley:
  • Danimal5981
    6 points clear? Rather 3 points shy!...
  • ale85bg
    Mixed results but after all you're now in a very good position. 6 points clear and, as @Danimal5981 said, 3 points shy of 2nd place. Time for a miracle? :)
  • JamieC
    803 posts Semi-Pro
    A good month there. I'd say you've as good as secured European football now. Hopefully you can get lucky and nick second place of Young Boys.

Let's hope!
    Tim1982 wrote: »
    Awesome thread, I love this! A few years back I decided to manage FC Vaduz on FM whilst on holiday in Switzerland. That afternoon my dad drove me to Vaduz and I walked freely around the Rheinpark Stadion and saw the players doing preseason training just after I'd been setting it up on FM. I snook into the changing rooms without anyone there to stop me and I found a squad list from the previous season with players' passport numbers etc! Kept it as a souvenir and still have it at home. 100% True story! That's why I still support FC Vaduz :smiley:

Awesome! :smiley:
    6 points clear? Rather 3 points shy!...

I like the way you think :joy:
    Mixed results but after all you're now in a very good position. 6 points clear and, as @Danimal5981 said, 3 points shy of 2nd place. Time for a miracle? :)

It's wishful thinking with Young Boys being one of my remaining games, but who knows? :wink:
  • JamieC
    803 posts Semi-Pro
    MAY/END OF SEASON

hjvvm.png

MATCHDAY 32

A disappointing performance by Vaduz lets Thun claim the 3 points.
    M32%20Thun.png

MATCHDAY 33

Janjatović's solo effort lets Vaduz walk away with the 3 points against 2nd place Young Boys.
    M33%20YB.png

MATCHDAY 34

Another disappointing performance against second from bottom Lausanne-Sport.
    M34%20LS.png

MATCHDAY 35

Vaduz recover from their last game to comfortably beat Lugano.
    M35%20Lugano.png

MATCHDAY 36

Favilli's chip just one of the highlights as Vaduz end the season on a high and claim one of the European spots.
    M36%20Luzern.png

EoSeason%20Table.png

Season%201%20ovr_1.png

Players in Red - Youth Academy
    Players in Blue - On Loan
    Players in Orange - Loaned Out
    Players in Purple - Regens

Statement by the Swiss FA: Starting from the 2017/2018 season onward, FC Vaduz are now officially a member of the Swiss League and will no longer be under the 'Guest Club' banner. We are happy to welcome FC Vaduz to the league as a full member, which will allow them to take part in the Europa League qualifiers as they finished 4th in the RSL. Both the club and the FA have agreed on rules in place to allow Vaduz to be an official member and allow them to take part in European competitions through the league. The rules are as followed:

League:
    • Minimum requirement of at least 5 Switzerland players in the matchday Squad: One of the rules Vaduz has suggested. Vaduz want to improve their club, but also want to improve the quality of Switzerland as a whole, which is why they had suggested that we place in a rule that they must play at least 5 players of Swiss nationality in their match day squads to help improve Swiss players of today and the future.
    • Non-EU player limit lowered from 5 to 3 in match day squad.
    • Non-EU player limit lowered from 10 to 7 at Club.

Cup:
    • [OPTIONAL] Switzerland U23s: Each year Vaduz will have the option to take part in the Swiss Cup, if they apply to take part, they must play an U23 side that consists of only Swiss national players. This was another suggestion by Vaduz. The side can only play 3 players over 23 and any player that is over 23, but was 23 before the season begins is exempt from the rule.

Europe:
    • Vaduz will be free to select whoever they please for the match day squad.
  • ale85bg
    Nice twist and very nice set of rules there, this surely would render things even more interesting (as playing with Vaduz wasn't already too hard! :joy: ).

About the results, well... Shame to see it end like that. After defeating Young Boys I really thought you would end up 2nd... Missing that spot by just a point must hurt. You've had a wonderful, wonderful season though and you deserve a lot of praise. :)
  • valdeOLENCOOL
    20010 posts Club Captain
    Can the Swiss player's be of dual nationality?
  • Alastair
    10062 posts Moderator
    Disappointing to see you stutter to the end of the season and no narrowly miss out on the CL.

Nice rules for the future though, that'll add a nice extra challenge. :)
  • Ashy
    9731 posts League Winner
    So close to 2nd place damn! It's going to take something to overthrow Basel in future seasons, they dominate this league! Also I love the rule you have added in about 5 swiss players being in the squad, honestly I like my teams to have a core of players from that nation and if you can bring some talented young swiss players then you are doing well
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Great season... the Champions league was so near. You have been performing during all season. Only that bad run during some weeks costed Vaduz the points you missed at the end. Still the season couldn't be better.

And I agree with @ale85bg @Alastair and @Ashy about the rules changes.
  • JamieC
    803 posts Semi-Pro
    Nice twist and very nice set of rules there, this surely would render things even more interesting (as playing with Vaduz wasn't already too hard! :joy: ).

About the results, well... Shame to see it end like that. After defeating Young Boys I really thought you would end up 2nd... Missing that spot by just a point must hurt. You've had a wonderful, wonderful season though and you deserve a lot of praise. :)

The limitation does mean that my target of players have to be Swiss, with some EU players in the mix. The Non-EU players have to be first team quality or there is no point having them, as the cup games if I do take part are Swiss players only, meaning that if the Non-EU isn't good enough to at least be on the bench, I might as well sell them.

But yeah with a club like Vaduz it is tough as it is without the separate rule :joy:

The Lausanne-Sport game was the one that cost us in the end. If we had got a draw at least, we would have taken the spot by goal difference. It is heartbreaking to be that close and just miss out, but I thought I would just miss out on Europe earlier in the season so it's not all bad.
    Can the Swiss player's be of dual nationality?

Something I actually didn't think about! What I will do is anyone that was born in Switzerland counts towards the Swiss rule, even if they play for another nation (Ivan Rakatic being an example)

Albion Avdijaj, currently in the team has Albania as his Nationality, but he was born in Switzerland, so counts towards the Swiss rule.

Players with Dual Nationality can count towards the Swiss rule. I've only just found out because of this, Gonzalo Zárate counts as he has Switzerland as his second nationality, which is good as while he may be 63 OVR and 32, I enjoy using him.
    Disappointing to see you stutter to the end of the season and no narrowly miss out on the CL.

Nice rules for the future though, that'll add a nice extra challenge. :)

Makes it interesting, as I will be forced not to take advantage of the free agent regens that will pop up, will only be able to use a few rather than all.
    Ashy wrote: »
    So close to 2nd place damn! It's going to take something to overthrow Basel in future seasons, they dominate this league! Also I love the rule you have added in about 5 swiss players being in the squad, honestly I like my teams to have a core of players from that nation and if you can bring some talented young swiss players then you are doing well

Basel are in a league of their own, just too good!

I always like to make sure the team I use mainly consist of players of the nation that the club is from, in Vaduz case, I can't have a team full of Lichtenstein players, there is only 7 of them and 2 are goalkeepers! So Switzerland will have to do!
    subpop wrote: »
    Great season... the Champions league was so near. You have been performing during all season. Only that bad run during some weeks costed Vaduz the points you missed at the end. Still the season couldn't be better.

And I agree with @ale85bg @Alastair and @Ashy about the rules changes.

Lausanne-Sport was the game that ruined it. Once we bested Young Boys, we were 2nd until we lost to Lausanne, after that the final two games couldn't get me back there, so I blame that game. At a moment where I needed to win to make sure, I lose to a team second from bottom. :frowning:

• JamieC
    803 posts Semi-Pro
    SEASON2.png
  • JamieC
    803 posts Semi-Pro
    JULY

s8xqw.png
    bimrq.png

MATCHDAY 1

Messaoud scores late to claim a point for Vaduz.
    M1%20YB.png
    fewcf.png

MATCHDAY 2

Vaduz play well to draw against Basel.
    M2%20Basel_1.png

MATCHDAY 3

Vaduz dominate Grasshopper.
    M3%20GC.png
    348zj.png