FC Vaduz | From Liechtenstein to the Champions League | Season 2 | January (Taking a Break)

Comments

• JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    subpop wrote: »
    Great results so far. I don't know much about this league so it will be interesting to follow developments.

It's why I like to play in leagues where I don't have much knowledge of. It's exciting as I won't know who will be good or not, compared to England, where it is easy to know who has the good potential.
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Nooo! Costanzo! I knew he sholdn't have asked for that transfer. It serves him well! :joy:

Another very nice stint, impressive win against Basel and, well, also YB were always going to be tough. You did pretty well nonetheless. :)

Serves him right for handing a transfer request just before our big game against Young Boys :naughty:

Basel were a surprise. Our equaliser was humorous, as the ball hit the crossbar, then hit their goalies head and slowly went in! :joy:

Both of Young Boys goals were tap ins from power passing from the cross. There was nothing I could do about them. They were just too much! :cold_sweat:
    Richoman wrote: »
    looks nice man, how did you get those cool graphics and tweet!

Good stuff

The graphics I made in GIMP! :smiley:

They are inspired by AFC Wimbledon facebook results:
    17635570_10155930692164307_6142226063254089677_o.jpg?oh=b488d9dcb582111721f819a2cf366bb3&oe=599A331B

And the tweets are made from here: http://simitator.com/generator/twitter/tweet

It's quicker and better then making the tweets yourself! :smiley:
    Nice graphics and promising start!

Thank You! :smiley:

It has been a good start for the little team from Lichtenstein. :blush:
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah, I must agree: Simitator is a great resource for tweets, Facebook exchanges (the ones I have in my thread are made with Simitator indeed) and iOS chats. :)
  • JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    Yeah, I must agree: Simitator is a great resource for tweets, Facebook exchanges (the ones I have in my thread are made with Simitator indeed) and iOS chats. :)

Once I found the site I thought "This is definitely where @ale85bg makes his Team chats" :joy:
  • JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    SEPTEMBER

MATCHDAY 8

FC Sion comfortably beat 10 man Vaduz*.
    M8%20Sion.png
    *Text in black means sent off, as can't use red text on red background :cry:

MATCHDAY 9

Honours even in a six goal thriller.
    M%20St%20Gallen.png

MATCHDAY 10

FC Vaduz take the 3 points.
    M10%20Lugano.png

EoSep%20Table.png

EoSep%20TS.png
  • ale85bg
    Back to winning ways against Lugano and that's good. A defeat against Sion could happen as they're supposed to be fighting for an European spot, maybe the draw against St. Gallen should've been avoided but hey... You're still one point away from the UCL playoff and that's a great result in my eyes. :)
  • JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    Back to winning ways against Lugano and that's good. A defeat against Sion could happen as they're supposed to be fighting for an European spot, maybe the draw against St. Gallen should've been avoided but hey... You're still one point away from the UCL playoff and that's a great result in my eyes. :)

I seem to struggle against Sion in general. :confused:

It's a great result for a team like us! :smiley:
  • JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    OCTOBER PART 1

MATCHDAY 11

A poor performance allows Luzern to claim the 3 points.
    M11%20Luzern.png

MATCHDAY 12

Vaduz poor form continues.
    M12%20Sion.png
  • ale85bg
    Oh dear, what the Hell happened to you lately? :neutral:
  • Danimal5981
    2148 posts Fans' Favourite
    Dramatic...
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    It was a good season but the last results are worrying, especially because the team seems broken. There's time to revert the situation. I wish you can do it soon.
  • JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    Dramatic...
    Oh dear, what the Hell happened to you lately? :neutral:

I have no idea! :bawling:

I know I struggle against Sion in general, but that result was shocking! All three goalscorers on their team was going for hattricks! :bawling:

Team just couldn't compete.
    It was a good season but the last results are worrying, especially because the team seems broken. There's time to revert the situation. I wish you can do it soon.

I hope so too! :fearful:
  • JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    edited April 2017
    OCTOBER PART 2

MATCHDAY 13

The poor form continues as Vaduz lose to bottom of the table Thun.
    M13%20Thun.png

MATCHDAY 14

Vaduz end the month with a loss to Basel.
    M14%20Basel.png

2a8jv.png
    EoOct%20Table.png

EoOct%20TS.png

Shen: "Something has gone wrong here at Vaduz and I hope I can fix this before the season ends. We have gone from doing well to completely dropping off the deep end. 4 goals scored and 15 conceded in only 4 games is unacceptable and the players will have these 4 games before the winter break to prove why they should stay, for if not I will look elsewhere for help"
  • ale85bg
    Oh dear, time to turn the ship around before it's too late.
    European football is just a point away, you still CAN do it!
  • JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    Oh dear, time to turn the ship around before it's too late.
    European football is just a point away, you still CAN do it!

It's going as good as the Titanic! :joy:
  • JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    NOVEMBER/DECEMBER

MATCHDAY 15

Vaduz return to winning ways thanks to Favilli.
    M15%20Grasshopper.png

MATCHDAY 16

St. Gallen walks away with the 3 points.
    M16%20St.%20Gallen.png

MATCHDAY 17

Vaduz shock Young Boys and end November with a win.
    M17%20Young%20Boys.png

MATCHDAY 18

A Torres double as Vaduz lose in their last game before the winter break.
    M18%20LS.png
    p44tm.png
    Eo2016%20Table.png
    Eo2016%20TS.png

Shen: "It is good to see us back to winning games again. We were able to shock Young Boys and I hope we can continue to do so for the rest of the season.

We are now into the winter break, which will allow my team to relax, but the guys know that they could lose their place during the transfer window as I will look for some fresh faces to help strengthen the side. This break also allows Zárate and Mao to recover from their injuries and be ready for our next game.

The club is currently in talks with the Swiss FA and UEFA about allowing Vaduz to qualify for the European competitions through the league. As it stands, Liechtenstein clubs cannot qualify due to being considered a 'guest club' and our only qualification is through the Liechtenstein Cup. We would like to change this and would welcome any limitations or quotas for this to go through.

An official statement will hopefully be made at the end of the season regarding our future."
  • Danimal5981
    2148 posts Fans' Favourite
    In all fairness, you're playing Vaduz so your current 6th place is good as is. But being close to a European spot makes it frustrating I know. Good that you mention the 'Liechtenstein situation' which is different to Monaco's. They are a guest club and can officially only qualify for the Europa League. No one simply considered it realistic that Vaduz one day might become a contender for the Swiss prices.

Hence, a question:

"With regards to the special situation Liechtenstein football in general are in and your team in particular, would you support an Alps League where the best of Switzerland, Austria, (possibly Slovenia) and FC Vaduz would compete on a higher level than the national football associations could provide?"
  • ale85bg
    Back to winning ways finally, and that's the most important thing. I agree with Danimal in saying that 6th is already a very good result for Vaduz, considering it's also your first season there.
    I'm curious to see what happens with the UCL when (mind you, I said 'when' and not 'if') you win the league. ;)
  • JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    In all fairness, you're playing Vaduz so your current 6th place is good as is. But being close to a European spot makes it frustrating I know. Good that you mention the 'Liechtenstein situation' which is different to Monaco's. They are a guest club and can officially only qualify for the Europa League. No one simply considered it realistic that Vaduz one day might become a contender for the Swiss prices.

And considering they will probably never be good enough to take one of the European spots, we will never know how it will go down in real life.

Vaduz situation does make it hard to make this realistic, which is why I am setting the "get to Europe through the league" story in the first season, as with me being so close to a European spot, there is a possibility that I could take one and since FIFA won't recognise that we are not suppose to go into the Europa League through the league, I had to do something.

I do want it to be like Monaco in the French league, but I want Vaduz to possibly have limitations, like minimum requirements that have to be made to keep their status.
    Back to winning ways finally, and that's the most important thing. I agree with Danimal in saying that 6th is already a very good result for Vaduz, considering it's also your first season there.
    I'm curious to see what happens with the UCL when (mind you, I said 'when' and not 'if') you win the league. ;)

I'm liking the confidence you have in me :joy: :wink:
  • JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    JANUARY
    Loan%201.png
    Loan%202.png

Shen: "While it may not seem like a busy window, I have been working hard with the club to make deals with players that will be joining next season, as the update is that the Swiss FA have agreed and are currently in talks with UEFA to make it offical.

The Swiss FA and the club have agreed on terms that will allow us to take part in European competitions, as long as we follow the rules the Swiss FA have given us. I cannot say what the rules are at this moment, all will be revealed at the end of the season. All I will say is that the deals for next season are related to it."

"With regards to the special situation Liechtenstein football in general are in and your team in particular, would you support an Alps League where the best of Switzerland, Austria, (possibly Slovenia) and FC Vaduz would compete on a higher level than the national football associations could provide?"

Shen: "I am always in support of improvement, as long as all parties involved are happy and most importantly the fans approve. If all nations that will take part approve, I can't see why it shouldn't happen. It would provide much better competition for the teams and would hopefully improve their national teams as well.

It will also show which nation had the better team each season so they will be more competitive between the nations, as they would want their nations clubs to be on top"
  • valdeOLENCOOL
    20004 posts Club Captain
    Just wondering if Vaduz can get into UCL irl? Because I'm quite certain that they can only qualify through winning the Liechtenstein Cup, but that would only give them UEL.
  • Alastair
    10021 posts Moderator
    Good to see Europe is still within touching distance and you've managed to do a deal with UEFA and the Swiss FA.

Nice to see St Gallen still have a nice kit, I remember using their kit on FUT and clubs a few years back.
  • JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    Just wondering if Vaduz can get into UCL irl? Because I'm quite certain that they can only qualify through winning the Liechtenstein Cup, but that would only give them UEL.

In real life, they can only get to Europe through their Lichtenstein Cup, which gives them Europa League, and to get to the Champions League, they have to WIN the Europa League. Which meant that before they gave the winners of the Europa League a Champions League spot, Lichtenstein couldn't even get to the Champions League at all!
    Alastair wrote: »
    Good to see Europe is still within touching distance and you've managed to do a deal with UEFA and the Swiss FA.

Nice to see St Gallen still have a nice kit, I remember using their kit on FUT and clubs a few years back.

Europe so close, but somehow still so far. :cry:

Grasshopper Club still have lovely kits though! :love:
  • JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    FEBRUARY PART 1

Thill.png

MATCHDAY 19

Gonzalo scores on his return from injury, but Grasshopper Club prove to be too much.
    M19%20Grasshopper.png

MATCHDAY 20

Basel edges over Vaduz as their winning streak continues at 14 wins in a row.
    M20%20Basel.png
  • Alastair
    10021 posts Moderator
    With the injury and the results it wasn't the greatest of spells. :(

I misread that Basel hashtag at first. :D
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    I guess that the good start for the season made me have higher expectations... so this results might look disappointing. Anyway, considering the level of the team, you still are in the fight. If you did it at the beginning, you can do it now.
  • ale85bg
    Noooo! Well, apparently subpop is right: with a team like Vaduz, there's nothing really worrying in losing several matches a season. It's a base you should build upon, season by season. And you can do it!
  • JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    edited April 2017
    Alastair wrote: »
    I misread that Basel hashtag at first. :D

:joy:
    I guess that the good start for the season made me have higher expectations... so this results might look disappointing. Anyway, considering the level of the team, you still are in the fight. If you did it at the beginning, you can do it now.

The good start to the season has helped us, as I would be far away from the European spots without it.
    Noooo! Well, apparently subpop is right: with a team like Vaduz, there's nothing really worrying in losing several matches a season. It's a base you should build upon, season by season. And you can do it!

Losing is understandable with Vaduz, but I was expecting to get at least more than 1 draw!
    (End of Feb: 22 Pld 10 W 1D 11 L) :confused:
  • valdeOLENCOOL
    20004 posts Club Captain
    JamieC wrote: »

In real life, they can only get to Europe through their Lichtenstein Cup, which gives them Europa League, and to get to the Champions League, they have to WIN the Europa League. Which meant that before they gave the winners of the Europa League a Champions League spot, Lichtenstein couldn't even get to the Champions League at all!
    Would make an interesting FM save tbh :)

• JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    JamieC wrote: »

Would make an interesting FM save tbh :)

Indeed it would! :smiley:

Might start a Vaduz save in my free time and try to improve the team and their country. :smiley:
  • JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    FEBRUARY PART 2

MATCHDAY 21

A defensive error costs Thun as Vaduz takes over.
    M21%20Thun.png

MATCHDAY 22

Vaduz shock Sion.
    M22%20Sion.png

EndofFeb%20Table.png

End%20Of%20Feb%20TS.png

Shen: "Very happy with the teams performance in the second half of the month. The results against Grasshopper and Basel were expected, as the quality between us is big, but I am happy on how we recovered with a comfortable win against Thun and surprising Sion. We did well to defend once we scored and the team put all their heart in to keep that one goal lead. It has paid off, as we now currently occupy the last European spot and we are three points clear of Sion. Hopefully the team can keep consistency and we can end the season happy as we take a European spot and officially be allowed to qualify through the league next season."