The question that has been asked many times - Composure

NickoSkyhoej
1285 posts Professional
This stat. It makes sense that strikers like Aguero, Higuain, Suarez and Lewandowski has the higher ratings in this stat, as they're pretty cool in difficult situations in real life.

The question is, to people actually using these strikers.

Can you feel any difference from a striker with high composure compared to one with lower composure? I still have in mind back when i used IF Costa, he was so clinical and barely ever missed a shot, compared to MOTM Son (Who still is very clinical) but sometimes can crumble if he's under pressure during his finish, which someone like Costa doesn't seem to be affected very much by.

And IF Costa is still the best and most clinical striker i've used in this game.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Retro_G
    30432 posts National Team Captain
    edited April 2017
    Yeah I do notice a difference with high composure. Think that's what makes Lacazette so clinical. While 2IF Benteke would miss easy chances, with low composure.
  • Raider
    3759 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2017
    tried sif perisic having compsure at 85(80 according to futwiz, pretty sure it was 85ingame?) and finishing 86, and 5*wf, you'd expect to bang them in in most situations right? turns out no, 89 icardi destroys perisic in that area, sure Icardi has 99 finishing but he also has 74 composure :)
  • TriggerMike
    4709 posts National Call-Up
    I feel no difference at all if i'm honest.
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional
    edited April 2017
    It might just be me who's become worse at finishing.

Could also be that it is a mixture between good/decent finishing and good/decent composure that makes it.
  • Retro_G
    edited April 2017
    Raider wrote: »
    ive seen sif perisic having compsure at 85(80 according to futwiz, pretty sure it was 85ingame?) and finishing 86, and 5*wf, you'd expect to bang them in in most situations right? turns out no, 89 icardi destroys perisic in that area, sure Icardi has 99 finishing but he also has 74 composure :)

I've TIF monthly Icardi, again find him missing easy chances, taking about Fut Champions gameplay only. Higuain is another clinical finisher with high composure.
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional
    Also checking it out, Perisic does "only" have 80 composure, mixed with 86 finishing it might not be the most clinical, compared to Costa having 96 finishing with 84 composure.

I have yet to try strikers like Lewan, Higuain and Suarez, but the composure stat mixed with good finishing makes me consider them a lot.
  • TriggerMike
    4709 posts National Call-Up
    POTM Son as a LF playing as a ST is amazing for me. No idea what he's composure is but he's the best 'striker' i've used this year.
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional
    POTM Son as a LF playing as a ST is amazing for me. No idea what he's composure is but he's the best 'striker' i've used this year.

I somewhat agree on that one.

I use him as well, he is one of the best strikers i've used, he scores all sorts of screamers, and usually puts away the 1 on 1's, although i've had some weird misses with him, if it's due to lag or low composure is a good question. I think he has like 72 composure.
  • Colin32
    1320 posts Professional
    what do you mean by composure? :)
  • Retro_G
    edited April 2017

I somewhat agree on that one.

I use him as well, he is one of the best strikers i've used, he scores all sorts of screamers, and usually puts away the 1 on 1's, although i've had some weird misses with him, if it's due to lag or low composure is a good question. I think he has like 72 composure.

Yeah he has low composure, although special finesse shot trait. I haven't used son. Zlatan is the best finisher in the game for me, when he gets the chance, never misses. He has 91 composure.
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional
    Colin32 wrote: »

8c48754c848c61b754557e94ca1dcb80.png

This stat.

You can see it ingame and on futwiz.
  • Pranav
    796 posts Semi-Pro
    I haven't looked into composure but I'm currently using sbc higuain and sbc Kane in 2 separate teams and at first I was hesitant cause they ain't quick agile nimble 4* skills strikers but they finish so many chances for me
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional
    Pranav wrote: »
    I haven't looked into composure but I'm currently using sbc higuain and sbc Kane in 2 separate teams and at first I was hesitant cause they ain't quick agile nimble 4* skills strikers but they finish so many chances for me

And again both have good finishing mixed with good composure, i'm starting to see a pattern :smile:
  • Liam W
    2598 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited April 2017
    I've noticed some players like Kante and Martial seem to never miss chances against me as much as there finishing suggests they should. Purely anecdotal but I have wondered if this is why.
  • Colin32
    1320 posts Professional
    Colin32 wrote: »

8c48754c848c61b754557e94ca1dcb80.png

This stat.

You can see it ingame and on futwiz.

Ok thanx. Strange it is not to see on the fut database.
  • Pranav
    796 posts Semi-Pro
    Pranav wrote: »

And again both have good finishing mixed with good composure, i'm starting to see a pattern :smile:

Yeah they are much better at finishing to what I'm used to then again I'm used to strikers like musa and niang with **** finishing cause I'm a sweaty **** hahahah
  • Retro_G
    Liam W wrote: »
    I've noticed some players like Kante and Martial seem to never miss chances against me as much as there finishing suggests they should. Purely anecdotal but I have wondered if this is why.

Martial, Kante have 80 composure which is good.
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional

I cannot say anything on Martial as i barely ever used him.

But Kante i agree with you on, he has decent composure but the finishing isn't good at all, but it might have something to do with his low center of gravity mixed with good balance as well, as he seems to be really solid on his right foot.
  • Liam W
    2598 posts Fans' Favourite
    Equally, I use Inaki Williams who has dreadful composure and he misses sitters and fluffs easy passes from time to time. Like I said before, purely anecdotal but I do wonder if this stat is actually really important?
  • Raider
    3759 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2017
    Equally, I use Inaki Williams who has dreadful composure and he misses sitters and fluffs easy passes from time to time. Like I said before, purely anecdotal but I do wonder if this stat is actually really important?

afaik composure stat kicks in when the player is under pressure so being pulled by the defender etc

ps. son and martial are broken
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional

It does seem to matter then, because the composure of Inaki is truly horrible lol.

I'm gonna make sure to test it out this weekend league, thinking of going with either Lewan or Higuain, or maybe even both.

More opinions please, i'd like to hear from all experiences!
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    Composure probably affects things we can't talk about
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional
    tikitaka33 wrote: »
    Composure probably affects things we can't talk about

Let's not bring it that far, but it seems to have a big impact on the game.
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional
    Another example is SBC Payet, i've had him for over 300 games.

He has 86 composure, but not the best finishing, yet he seems to be one of the best finishers of the ball i have.