Anyone having success with Tiki Taka lately?

protzbischof
2695 posts Fans' Favourite
Struggling to keep up the possession and passing accuracy for the last weeks.
Passing feels very inconsistent and players dont seem to come short as often as they used to.
Anyone having success with it on a higher level?
Would be interesting to hear about your settings.

For the most part I was playing 4231-2 with CTs like this :

O

F

C

Was able to dominate most games and hit alot of Elite 1 / Top 40 on PC. Last weeks, especially the last couple of days been terrible for me tho. Would be nice to hear some of your approaches :)

Comments

• Izzy2K17
    11698 posts Has That Special Something
    Nah don't like playing possession much, playing direct seems better
  • Denz
    1858 posts Play-Off Hero
    Love the idea of possession football winning games but on fifa it's frustrating. I hate dominating fir some through ball on the counter to beat me. Still have the majority of the ball but feel better if I see my opponent keeping it.
  • DicaniosGod
    4576 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2017
    Try playing using the position tactic, way fun and score lots of goals!!
  • protzbischof
    Denz wrote: »
    Love the idea of possession football winning games but on fifa it's frustrating. I hate dominating fir some through ball on the counter to beat me. Still have the majority of the ball but feel better if I see my opponent keeping it.

Yeah just played 433(4) direct football, just insane how ovepowered it is. My oponent tried to play possession based and he had no chance..

Try playing using the position tactic, way fun and score lots of goals!!

Fun it is indeed, as long as you have the ball. lately I get countered way too often
  • TheSuperDerek
    2900 posts Fans' Favourite
    Haven't tried to play another way for the past two years. Beautiful football or no football.
  • protzbischof
    Haven't tried to play another way for the past two years. Beautiful football or no football.

Yeah I feel that. Im just used to winning most of my games and now im basically struggling every game vs the biggest noobs. Feels like with every patch you get punished even more fot trying to actualyl play football..
  • MyHatMyGandhi
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I was consistently 50+% possession.

Was.

Since FUT birthday weekend I'm averaging 45%. Dramatic drop. Passing accuracy has always been 85% - again, it's now 76% ish. Still more shots, it's been a dogged grind every game though.
  • SuperJames9005
    1314 posts Professional
    I used to have 93-95% passing accuracy. Lately, it drops to 83-85% since the last title update.
  • RayG
    1383 posts Professional

Same for me. I actually tried to play direct / counter-attack, but I just can't do it, I'm too much used to playing possession.

This is a personnal view but I don't see the point of playing if it's not for "beautiful" football.
  • IVIRCATALYST
    1290 posts Professional
    Cant hold possession that well due to lag and mis-aiming my passes due to it. I usually just play direct and blame the game when some dumb **** happens
  • MyHatMyGandhi
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I used to have 93-95% passing accuracy. Lately, it drops to 83-85% since the last title update.

That's some passing...
  • TheSuperDerek

Yeah I feel that. Im just used to winning most of my games and now im basically struggling every game vs the biggest noobs. Feels like with every patch you get punished even more fot trying to actualyl play football..

Yeah I get absolutely murdered on the counter but it's just something I'm willing to sacrifice.
  • TheSuperDerek
    RayG wrote: »

Same for me. I actually tried to play direct / counter-attack, but I just can't do it, I'm too much used to playing possession.

This is a personnal view but I don't see the point of playing if it's not for "beautiful" football.

Completely agree
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14331 posts Has That Special Something
    Can't play any other way. :/
  • Denz
    1858 posts Play-Off Hero
    What tactics do you guys use?
  • RayG
    1383 posts Professional
    edited April 2017
    433(2), most balanced formation to me
    Organised

FF

Cover
  • DicaniosGod
    4576 posts Big Money Move
    Scoring a lot and conceding a lot! Mainly winning though!