OT: Skyrim

IffyMoney
4027 posts National Call-Up
Bought this as my alternative to Fifa game.....Wow.

Just amazing, spent an hour just staring at different mods.....and i could've spent days just doing that tbh.

So so much content just in the vanilla game, let alone the multiples new land masses and quests created by modders.

Very enjoyable.

Comments

• Fab
    17821 posts World Class
    and its got nothing on oblivion
  • IffyMoney
    Fab wrote: »
    and its got nothing on oblivion

I disagree.

Storywise, 100% agree, but for those using mods for the first time, they will much prefer Skyrim imo.
  • Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah played this way back in 2010 and sank hours into it. I would advise not to become a vampire on it. Kind of ruined the game for me.

Or was that oblivion?
  • ITSSPENO
    1974 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited April 2017
    It's a great game, I picked it up just before Christmas and literally lived on it for about a week. Haven't played it in months though, need to pick it back up.

No matter how tempted you get don't download the cheat mods. Ruins the game instantly, not only in enjoyment, but also you level trees get messed up.

There's a survival mod which is cool, you can freeze to death and stuff unless you set up camp. Adds a nice extra element to the game.
  • IffyMoney
    Rutta wrote: »
    Yeah played this way back in 2010 and sank hours into it. I would advise not to become a vampire on it. Kind of ruined the game for me.

Or was that oblivion?

you can do that in both....

Fortunately i've downloaded a mod to take care of that.

Alternatively there are mods which add way more depth to being a vampire. Vampire specific perks etc.
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    It's amazing and I love it...

My kids play too...

Best non sports game for me
  • Orison
    48536 posts FIFA Cover Star
    COACH wrote: »
    It's amazing and I love it...

My kids play too...

Best non sports game for me

@COACH Witcher 3 is better than Skyrim imo. But I guess that's completely down to personal preference. I just like one fix character (with a fixed look, race and stuff) better, because I feel like the developers can concentrate on developing his personality and story more then.
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    You should play Fallout 3/ New Vegas if you haven't already. Stay away from Fallout 4 tho, it's garbage
  • IffyMoney
    For me, Skyrim and the Witcher are totally different games.

Witcher is story driven, Skyrim is intended to be more of a sandbox where you can do what you please.

Witcher 3 is probably my favorite game of all time (I admit to not playing the others). The story and lore is just incredible, it has all the same storytelling ability as a great movie imo.

I'd say that Skyrim is more 'casual friendly' though, and has far more replayability.
  • IffyMoney
    Painter753 wrote: »
    You should play Fallout 3/ New Vegas if you haven't already. Stay away from Fallout 4 tho, it's garbage

I loved Fallout 4 tbh.

I spent far too long building pointless stuff though :D
  • Orison
    IffyMoney wrote: »

Witcher is story driven, Skyrim is intended to be more of a sandbox where you can do what you please.

Witcher 3 is probably my favorite game of all time (I admit to not playing the others). The story and lore is just incredible, it has all the same storytelling ability as a great movie imo.

I'd say that Skyrim is more 'casual friendly' though, and has far more replayability.

Yeah, you can play Skyrim 300 times and then install Enderal and get a whole new game out of it.

I know that they are totally different games, but if I had to choose one it would still be the Witcher.
  • IffyMoney
    Orison wrote: »

Yeah, you can play Skyrim 300 times and then install Enderal and get a whole new game out of it.

I know that they are totally different games, but if I had to choose one it would still be the Witcher.

If i had to choose 1 I could only play once, it'd be Witcher.

If i had to choose 1 i'd have to play forever, it'd be Skyrim.
  • Orison

Or Fifa 17 amirite :trollface: :trollface: :trollface: :trollface: :trollface: :trollface:
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    Painter753 wrote: »

I loved Fallout 4 tbh.

I spent far too long building pointless stuff though :D
    That's what I hated about it, like they promoted the base building and stuff as some great feature but I didn't feel the need/ desire to do it at all. It actually felt like a nuisance when they actually forced you to do it. Idk I just think the atmosphere of New Vegas was Superb, the soundtracks and everything added a nice touch. It's probably my favorite single player game of all time
  • IffyMoney

Or Fifa 17 amirite :trollface: :trollface: :trollface: :trollface: :trollface: :trollface:

You wait til fifa 18 ;)

You haven't seen anything yet.....
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20927 posts Club Captain
    Back in college my roommate and I would alternate on the Xbox and keep a timer to make sure the other didn't get carried away :joy:
  • Orison
    Back in college my roommate and I would alternate on the Xbox and keep a timer to make sure the other didn't get carried away :joy:

You did not play Skyrim on console back in the day, did you? That's just wrong :joy:
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20927 posts Club Captain

You did not play Skyrim on console back in the day, did you? That's just wrong :joy:

Of course I did :lol: 360 was one high powered machine #xboxmasterrace :trollface:
  • Orison

Of course I did :lol: 360 was one high powered machine #xboxmasterrace :trollface:

Were there even mods on 360?
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20927 posts Club Captain

Nah they only added them to the remaster
  • IffyMoney

nah.

We just had to use imigination :D
  • Orison

nah.

Wtf. Why you even buying it for 360 then?
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20927 posts Club Captain

nah.

Pretty sure I just used my friends disc :innocent:
  • Worm
    2084 posts Fans' Favourite
    Should see Skyrim modded out on PC. This is what mine looked like a few years ago, I haven't messed with it in a bit but can improve it. It's not even close to the remaster in terms of content and quality.

16029623432_a1450aedb2_k.jpg

16174914734_1cd7d5340c_k.jpg

16725913149_90f5b7fb67_z.jpg
  • Runefang
    6045 posts Big Money Move
    Morrowind was still the greatest Bethesda game, followed by Skyrim then Fallout 3, Fallout 4, Oblivion.
  • Orison

nah.

Why did your friend not buy it for PC?
  • uhMaZiiNq
    11600 posts Has That Special Something

nah.

Because Xbox master race
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17021 posts World Class
    i always get a good laugh playing skyrim. there is always some weird **** going down in that game when you wander around :D
  • Orison

nah.

Because Xbox master race

lol
  • uhMaZiiNq
    11600 posts Has That Special Something

nah.

Because Xbox master race

lol

I'm a console peasant I stand by my people!