Your experience - Tall, physical teams.

NickoSkyhoej
1285 posts Professional
35115d1ab5de8d849403b705c5a94ab4.jpg

As you can see him, i'm trying to go high on the physical, height and general bulky players apart from Coutinho, which will be my little playmaker most of the time.

Do you have experiences with tall physical sides being better or more dominant? It seems like if pick a team like this, there's not many midfields who stands a chance.

I'll be trying it for this weekend league for sure, and see how it goes.

Please show me your teams if you've had succes with similar teams!

Comments

• Nana_bitty
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    I prefer a striker with good balance and agility myself but interested to see how you go on this weekend
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional
    Nana_bitty wrote: »
    I prefer a striker with good balance and agility myself but interested to see how you go on this weekend

I'm open for suggestions as well, i'm unsure about Benteke, but he's my pick for now as i've heard good things about him.

Also completely new to the formation, so i'm not entirely sure what fits it the best.
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    I prefer a mix of both. Tall strong players are good at forcing through when playing Smalling/Walker but agile technical players are good when the guy just parks the bus and you need to create space
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional
    Viggo 007 wrote: »
    I prefer a mix of both. Tall strong players are good at forcing through when playing Smalling/Walker but agile technical players are good when the guy just parks the bus and you need to create space

Maybe i should replace Arnautovic with someone a little more agile then? Would still be a strong physical side.
  • Bilbao_Baggins
    3939 posts National Call-Up
    Looks powerfull. Byt as someone else mentioned i feel a mix is best however midfielders have to be physical workhorses.
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional
    edited April 2017
    Looks powerfull. Byt as someone else mentioned i feel a mix is best however midfielders have to be physical workhorses.

I see.

Could someone suggest a BPL RW who isn't Arnautovic just for having a sub atleast? Most of them look pretty mediocre, but of course i haven't tried them.

An alternative to Benteke would be good as well.
  • Aspral
    3418 posts National Call-Up
    In one of my squads I have

Costa, Suker, Iborra, N'zonzi, Can, Kante and a tall back 4 too.

I enjoy more physical taller teams.

But your strikers need to be able to dribble and move fast to finish in a team like that.
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional
    Has anyone tried Mahrez? The 87.
  • Flamstead
    2854 posts Fans' Favourite
    87 Mane will give you a nice combination of speed, agility and strength - his finishing is what let's him down imo but slap a chem card and it will help slightly.

I found most of the right sided prem based players crap. I've heard some say IF Willian is good but I used him in draft and felt he was so so.
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up

I see.

Could someone suggest a BPL RW who isn't Arnautovic just for having a sub atleast? Most of them look pretty mediocre, but of course i haven't tried them.

An alternative to Benteke would be good as well.

Sissoko is tall and physical, good pace and speed dribbling trait with lots of stamina on the right side. Might be a substitute for Arnautovic.
  • Pranav
    792 posts Semi-Pro
    for me its a mix i have higuain at striker as big physical striker finishes very well and holds up ball well and the wingers mertens and cuadrado short silky dribbling decent finishing and absolutely rapid and other team i have kane same as higuan sterling same as mertens and cuadrado and son who is a bit of both good dribbling stats but his height and lack of skills dont make him feel as smooth as a cuadrado for example
  • Wayno69
    811 posts Semi-Pro
    Arnautovic is crazy good! Been using him for a week and he just sh1ts on everyone. Don't change him. Maybe use one Mane/Walcott IFs as a sub?
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    Attacking-wise,I prefer agile players way more.

The only big guy i have up front is Cr7 and he's the only exception.

Midfield defenders i tend to mix a bit. Some of the big players are just really clunky and i just don't like them
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional
    edited April 2017
    Alright here's the results! @Nana_bitty

It went well, very well actually.

a4f7d988ea3caf6adf0882dd59b7bd3a.png
    acd0f7be5c64e3d2995d776f0e37cf3f.png

Could've been even better if i didn't get stuck on the load screen with my last game :(

But hey, i'm not gonna stay no. 17 most likely, but top 100 should be possible!

My experience is also sad in many ways to be fair... I met a few of the common top 40/100 players, and many of them seem to be either disconnect cheating when losing or using the 99 cheat, which is very sad for us.
  • Mastershake
    269 posts Sunday League Hero
    For my own taste I need a 6foot striker otherwise I struggle in goal.