Might Be Getting Hacked

SkiMikey
871 posts An Exciting Prospect
I have gotten 2 email from EA saying about tickets what should I do?
The email is from [email protected] is it fake?

Comments

• Daddy
    5748 posts Big Money Move
    tickets mean u might have complained about something and they have opened a case.
  • SkiMikey
    Daddy wrote: »
    tickets mean u might have complained about something and they have opened a case.

Opened a case
  • SkiMikey
    I haven't ever contacted EA either
  • its someone trying to hack u on the live chat i think had this be4 aswell no need to worry unless they crack ur sq :(
  • SkiMikey
    rubydok123 wrote: »
    its someone trying to hack u on the live chat i think had this be4 aswell no need to worry unless they crack ur sq :(
    So should I change them just to be sure

• SkiMikey wrote: »
    its someone trying to hack u on the live chat i think had this be4 aswell no need to worry unless they crack ur sq :(

yep i was too late unfortunately :(
  • EGY-Aviatorz
    5162 posts Big Money Move
    SkiMikey wrote: »

Change everything , even sec quest
  • SkiMikey
    Time to run virus scans and change everything xD Make this a warning to you other guys as well!! Turn of as much security on your account as you can
  • Premier-Sky
    2882 posts Fans' Favourite

The email address is legit, but if you have any suspicion that you're getting hacked, then it's definitely a good idea to change all your security info
  • disaaaa
    9240 posts League Winner
    Stop visiting dodgy websites or clicking on links which you might be unfamiliar with...and if u dont do that, be wary of the people you add...also change ur password to be safee
  • SkiMikey
    disaaaa wrote: »
    Stop visiting dodgy websites or clicking on links which you might be unfamiliar with...and if u dont do that, be wary of the people you add...also change ur password to be safee

hmm I added you recently :trollface:
  • SkiMikey
    In all serious thanks for your help guys I'm running scans and then I'm changing my password on everything :) Like I said use this as a warning people
  • disaaaa
    9240 posts League Winner

hmm I added you recently :trollface:

Then i should be the worried 1 and delete u :D
  • SkiMikey

The email address is legit, but if you have any suspicion that you're getting hacked, then it's definitely a good idea to change all your security info
    I will do after I run a full system scan :)
  • disaaaa
    9240 posts League Winner
    In the case of being hacked a system scan won't do much good as the person isn't actually hacking you personal computer, they would be using your email and other info to attempt to hack your account online. Still do the scan to see if u have any malware etc tho and use cc cleaner, clean your registry and your cache
  • SkiMikey
    In the case of being hacked a system scan won't do much good as the person isn't actually hacking you personal computer, they would be using your email and other info to attempt to hack your account online. Still do the scan to see if u have any malware etc tho and use cc cleaner, clean your registry and your cache
    What would they have got on to to do this? It's never happened to me before so all kind of new. Email or Origin?
  • disaaaa
    9240 posts League Winner
    Varies, could be anything really. U go on another pc and access your email and leave it open, you try accessing a link from your phone and accidentally click a vulnerable link, They could have your email and randomly trying password and attempt to convince an advisor that they are you...it doesn't even have to be people you know trying to hack you.
  • Orison
    54786 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    I´ve got an email from the same adress 2 months ago that they finally fixed my gold cup (error creating game session since November) and that they will give me 5 packs as compensation.

But obviously my cup wasn´t fixed until the last patch when EA implemented the "reset"-button, so it might be a scamer email-adress (I changed password etc instantly and didn´t get hacked).
  • Springveldt
    4831 posts National Call-Up
    Make sure you have 2 step verification on (the one that sends a code to your phone) and also change your origin password/security question by logging in on your phone (in case your PC has a trojan/keylogger).
  • EGY-Aviatorz
    5162 posts Big Money Move
    Make sure you have 2 step verification on (the one that sends a code to your phone) and also change your origin password/security question by logging in on your phone (in case your PC has a trojan/keylogger).