Morecambe Career Mode | Road to the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE | Season 2 - League 1

Comments

• Richoman
    69 posts Park Captain
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Oh dear, look at that table! :confounded:

Well done mate, you absolutely dominated.

Thanks! I was also wondering, the board weren't too happy with my finances and gave me another chance. If i do the same again, get promoted but have crap finances will i be fired?
  • Congrats on the promotion. Looking forward to reading about your second season.
  • Richoman
    69 posts Park Captain
    So after a successful season we head into season 2 and English League 1. We head into the new season with the board wanting us to:

Have a 11 million profit margin

Fight for promotion

Have a youth player scouted this season to appear 5 times this season

Sign 2 players with a potential greater than the player they are replacing

Wage growth to be less than 25%

Heading to this season we are looking sign a top class winger, a goalkeeper and a left back.

Pre Season

So far we have already played our preseason games and to sum it all up it has been disappointing.

With a 2.8 million dollar prize pool up for grabs we got knocked out of the group stages by goal difference. It makes it more infuriating when the reason we got knocked out was because of a dubious penalty call.

We however move on and have made some key transfer signings. The big moves are seen below:

fEt1xiw.png

Joel Asoro

After a big season for us Joel has decided to join us again, this time on a 2 year loan deal with an option to buy after those two years. He is a very good dribbler of the ball and is also known for his pace and acceleration. He will play the same left wing role he did for us last season.

ZCh6Sss.jpg

Samuele Perisan

Samuele is a 6'4 keeper who comes from Serie A club Udinese. We are happy to have Samuele here as a long term prospect to replace the aging Barry Roche. His strengths include his strong reflexes and diving. We have signed Samuele on a 2 year loan deal with an option to buy.

dsv4c4s.jpg

Ollie Harfield

The exciting left back comes from premier league club Bournemouth and is a wonderful option to our full back stocks. Ollie is a quick player who likes to get down the pitch and attack. We have signed him for a bargain at $200,000. We believe he will make an impact not only this year but for the next few seasons

The rest of the transfers are included below:

J1csL3z.jpg

• Terry123
    21 posts Ball Boy
    Richoman wrote: »
    Oh dear, look at that table! :confounded:

Well done mate, you absolutely dominated.

Thanks! I was also wondering, the board weren't too happy with my finances and gave me another chance. If i do the same again, get promoted but have crap finances will i be fired?

I haven't experienced this, but knowing FIFA, you'd probably get away with it again if you perform so strong in the league. Not too sure I'd risk it though.
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2017
    Wow, pretty demanding board there... Nonetheless I'm sure you could do it!
    Also, interesting transfers there... Curious to see what happens next year!
  • Richoman
    69 posts Park Captain
    As we finish the transfer period, we add some big names and have some massive fixtures to face including a cup tie against Arsenal

tdoQcoY.jpg

b0DnMbj.jpg

6Lb9nqE.jpg

9LrQ7V4.jpg

rDQ0ucZ.jpg

olQuZjH.jpg

tUdpAuD.jpg

A great period for us as we go 7 wins in 7 during the transfer period. The highlight being the cup tie against Arsenal. We have had tough draws in cup competitions. We faced a championship side in the first round and then Arsenal. However we handled the pressure well.

In the league we have looked comfortable in all our game albeit against opposition that aren't that high up on the table and against 2 teams that came from league 2. Our passing and skills have been a highlight as we completed many passes and difficult through to create goals.

Surprise packets so far are Chumacero and Harfield. Chumacero was bought in as a backup midfield player however he is pressing very hard to be the number 1 starter. He plays very similar to Marco Verrati and his passing is just unbelievable and a class above in this league. He can also defend and intercept very well. His size (5'5) hasnt been a worry so far.

Harfield as our new first choice left back has also been very good. His pace and link up play on the left has been very good. He has also shown to be an aggressive tackler.

Transfers

It has been a busy transfer period for us. With some well known names going out. Barry Roche our keeper who played all the games last season is gone. The arrival of Samuele Perisan meant Barry needed to find opportunities elsewhere. Whilst Peter Murphy and Dean Winnard have also left which clears up a lot of our wage bill.

Our notable transfers in are shown below:

wKvHop8.png

Jodi Jones

This is the clubs biggest transfer so far. $1,000,000 plus Christian Bassagog was the fee for the right winger, who had to make way to sign this talanted young player. Bassagog was alright for our team last season but didn't have that polish or end product, he was all pace. We hope that Jodi can provide that polish. The right wing position was the position that wasn't set for the whole year and we are confident Jodi can make that position his own. He is quick and a very good dribbler.

Qxq0kNt.jpg

Eduard Löwen

The young Nurnberg defensive midfielder will add some much needed strength and height to the midfield with Murphy gone. He is 6'2 and is very good in the air and a good tackler. He isn't the quickest player but his brute strength will play an important role in certain games.

The transfer round up for the summer is seen below:

BfBvDI5.jpg

The entire squad for the season is seen below:

QYVqpbf.jpg
  • What is your approach in the training sessions?
  • Richoman
    69 posts Park Captain
    MichaelDK wrote: »
    What is your approach in the training sessions?

I've heard some people use it to make cash. Ie; youth gks
    But i actually use it to improve the players i want to actually use. Guys with low stamina i pump the beat your man training a lot.

How about yourself
    ?
  • ale85bg
    It looks like also your second season has started with a bang... Defeating Arsenal? Wow...
    By the way, you are still spelling "Morcame" in your spreadsheets. ;)
  • Richoman wrote: »
    MichaelDK wrote: »
    What is your approach in the training sessions?

I've heard some people use it to make cash. Ie; youth gks
    But i actually use it to improve the players i want to actually use. Guys with low stamina i pump the beat your man training a lot.

How about yourself
    ?

If I play in the lower league and allow myself to buy and sell players. Then my main focus is the GK like you describe and the main forward, because they are the ones I would like sell in the transfer window in january. If I don't allow myself to buy or sell, then I would try give all players a month of training, focus on the suggested hard training courses.
    I also like the Beat your man course, because of the stamina, but when the squad gets stronger and the stamina isn't that important anymore, I would shift to the other dribbling course without stamina.
  • Richoman
    69 posts Park Captain
    It looks like also your second season has started with a bang... Defeating Arsenal? Wow...
    By the way, you are still spelling "Morcame" in your spreadsheets. ;)

hahaha oh god, I do forget stuff sometimes, thanks for the reminder!
  • Richoman
    69 posts Park Captain
    edited April 2017
    We power through the league matches from September through till October. We have some tough tussles in the cup matches.

4n4upV6.jpg

J06bFJY.jpg

Ygpoqqi.jpg

0GTZkiC.jpg

pJL4GuC.jpg

4yEclBW.jpg

WTMQYYw.jpg

5TLk8Tz.jpg

eBKZeN8.jpg

VUOO5LS.jpg

u4x27kj.jpg

0tQKxP2.jpg

2OA7Wg9.jpg

Overall another strong period of matches for the club. We have won every game bar 1. Which was that disappointing draw against bottom side Bristol Rovers. However, in October we have hit a rut where we would struggle to get the results. We have grinded a lot of our results the last few matches and wins are a lot harder to come by.

In our cup matches we have found ways to get a result as well and as such we are now in the Quarter Finals of the EFL cup against Reading and in the Round of 16 against AFC Wimbledon in the Checkatrade Trophy. As usual our defence has been very solid throughout this season and the gamble to go with a young keeper has so far paid off with Perisan putting in some wonderful displays.

A few of the negatives are that Zayn Hakeem has only gotten one goal so far this campaign albeit through limited opportunities and the past few poor performances from Woong. However apart from that we look strong.

The ladder so far:

htMkt7s.jpg

Here are some stats from the season so far:

Player Stats

jOrmlpT.jpg

Perisan stands out with the amount cleansheets he has, whilst Lorenzen has had a strong season in front of goal so far.

Team Stats

1TzDIBb.jpg

No surprise to see we have more possession at home than away, though a tad surprising to see we are more accurate with our shots away than at home. The tackle differential at home compared to away is big as well.

Post edited by Richoman on
  • ale85bg
    Wow, absolutely dominating... Is there anyone who can stop you right now? :scream:
  • Richoman
    69 posts Park Captain
    Wow, absolutely dominating... Is there anyone who can stop you right now? :scream:

hahah possibly man city again, they are in the EFL cup
  • Richoman
    69 posts Park Captain
    As we head into November and December we try and improve our form and we also have to deal with injury and transfer troubles

lpfO0oi.jpg

qz08kDG.jpg

xeKUPqZ.jpg

VZAfiQh.jpg

atdWsxX.jpg

hDW7EaE.jpg

HrmqLzy.jpg

u62dpfo.jpg

UcRgbYI.jpg

YTH0Ukw.jpg

NQtLtZc.jpg

Overall a very successful block of games again. I do think we are again too good for this division however it will be good to see which players perform so that I can consider them again for the Championship.

We go through to the semi finals of the EFL Cup which is very good. The goal is to win the whole thing which I think is achievable however we are vulnerable when we have a few lapses in concentration. Our league game against Notts County was proof of that where we dominated the match but gave away a soft goal. Overall the team did very well. We normally create very good chances and defend very well. Our passing and quick play is also looking very good. One nit pick is that I wish we put more 3+ goals games up instead of the 1-0s however you can't have everything.

Emmanuel Osadebe looks very solid over this period. His stamina and fitness means he can play more games. But it is his physicality and smart passing which has made him stand out.He bosses our midfield.Special mentions to Gaspar and Woong. Both players continue to play their role at a high standard. Gaspar with his run and solid defending and Woong with his ability to break up play and set up attacks. We have had trouble with injuries to a few players. Jones and Asoro were out for a few matches with ankle injuries whilst Harfield had to miss a game. This meant our depth had to be used as Keegan Periera was also still injured. A few players had to be tried in the wings and left back but our team adapted nicely.

Aaron Wildig wants a transfer as he considers his future and his desire for a chance at a bigger club. Which is very disappointing as he is our captain. He told me he would like to leave just last week. However my plan is to convince him to stay at whatever cost as he is an important player to our team and is one of the few players I have not bought in when I came here.