TOTW Tradeable upgrades were disappointing

YouWantUsFC
2752 posts Fans' Favourite
Yeah yeah, I knew the risk, but really, I think EA have just changed my mindset forever.

Rather than sell up, I did the totw sbcs over the weekend in hope for Ronaldo, Neymar, or at very least 89 Verratti. Had I sold up, I could have bought Pat Vieira.
Given that it is now April, and I genuinely believed I would get one of the biggies.

Got 6 tradeables;

Thiago
Forsberg
Keane
Pulisic
Kamino
Darida

So well done EA, you have convinced me that, for Fifa 18, the only way to get the best players without spending hundreds of real pounds, will be to trade like a total creep.

Happy Brithday.

Comments

• Sanchezzzz
    3763 posts National Call-Up
    You got better than most tbh.
  • Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    Not bad pulls but yeah it's best to stay away from them I think.

May aswell have done one of the premium SBCs
  • Nen
    4326 posts Moderator
    You did 6 and happened to pull one of the Top 4 in Thiago? Why are you complaining?
    Unless im misreading that? Although i'm not sure how 6 set you back what big Pat would have.
  • YouWantUsFC
    edited April 2017
    Sanchezzzz wrote: »

At current/weekend transfer rate, I spent the equivalent of 1.5 million coins on those 6 players.

It is not a reward at all.

May not even bother with 18.

Haven't played a match online for over a week.
  • Ashleyroyjenkins
    487 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just gonna stick to 82+ done about 20 so far and best been Oblak but I have pulled De Bruyne before so hoping for someone i can slot into my main team
    ryfjAzE.jpg
  • Sanchezzzz

At current/weekend transfer rate, I spent the equivalent of 1.5 million coins on those 6 players.

Hvaent played a match online for over a week.

Im not sure what you were expecting you done SIX! the odds of getting Ronaldo are not 1 in 6 come on mate give your head a wobble :|
  • Fab
    17513 posts World Class

Haven't played a match online for over a week.

If it was a reward, there would be no incentive for EA to do it
  • Keano
    11719 posts Has That Special Something
    It's luck based, you can't complain when you don't get the big 2-3 in a system that relies on luck.
  • YouWantUsFC
    edited April 2017
    Nen wrote: »
    You did 6 and happened to pull one of the Top 4 in Thiago? Why are you complaining?
    Unless im misreading that? Although i'm not sure how 6 set you back what big Pat would have.

Thiago sells for just over 100k. I could have sold up and got 1.5 million coins, but instead I put my faith in the game being nice for a change and got those 6 in return.
    My Ultimate team is done for the year until TOTS, so a Legend in midfield would have been nice.
    Massive massive mistake.
  • Sanchezzzz

Thiago sells for just over 100k. I could have sold up and got 1.5 million coins, but instead I put my faith in the game being nice for a change and got those 6 in return.
    My Ultimate team is done for the year until TOTS, so a Legend in midfield would have been nice.
    Massive massive mistake.

Then sell up why you chancing things in TOTW SBC's I really don't understand?
  • Dan is Clutch
    23906 posts Club Captain
    You did 6 and genuinely expected to get a Neymar or Ronaldo? :joy:
  • YouWantUsFC
    Very very expensive SBCs for TOTW cards only worth twice what my keeper used cost.

At end of the day, it is a game, but would be nice to come away from these weekend events feeling like we actually scored.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Chasing Neymar/Ronaldo was silly really

Look how many attempts it took people to get lower rated Pogba OTW
  • YouWantUsFC

Did 6 tradebale, worth a lot of coins. 2 TOTW players each time. Handanovic every time.
  • Nen
    4326 posts Moderator

He did 6 and somehow managed to spend 1.5m is what i don't get?
  • Sean2On
    1093 posts Professional

• YouWantUsFC

Massive massive mistake.

Then sell up why you chancing things in TOTW SBC's I really don't understand?

Because of time of year and fact game is basically dead, Thought we might actually get something.
    Im done I think.
  • Dan is Clutch
    23906 posts Club Captain

I'm beyond confused.
  • YouWantUsFC

You dont get how I spent 1.5 million, because I didnt say that, or spend that.
    However, if I had sold up the 100+ players I used on these, I would have had a lot of coins. Maybe 1.5 million is not accurate. My son said it was that.
  • Dan is Clutch
    23906 posts Club Captain

Did 6 tradebale, worth a lot of coins. 2 TOTW players each time. Handanovic every time.

Each one costs like 50 or 60k. Did you genuinely believe you were going to get Ronaldo/Neymar out of just 6 packs?
  • SadioMan
    1516 posts Play-Off Hero

• Dan is Clutch
    23906 posts Club Captain
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Chasing Neymar/Ronaldo was silly really

Look how many attempts it took people to get lower rated Pogba OTW

I did around 50 of those and didn't even get a Kante. :joy:
  • YouWantUsFC

Each one costs like 50 or 60k. Did you genuinely believe you were going to get Ronaldo/Neymar out of just 6 packs?

hando = 14k
    totw = 12k-15k depending who you use.
    8 other 82-84 players = 24-35k depending

That is a lot to get a card worth 11.5k - 15k most of time.

It is out of order.

Should have sold up.
  • CPFC16
    2067 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited April 2017
    Why did it cost you 250k per go?

Why did you expect Ronaldo or Neymar from doing 6? If that was the case with packs everyone would have them.

EDIT- Just seen you say you didn't spend 1.5m, but my question is why would you use players worth that when you could sell them and do your 6 attempts for half or less of 1.5m?

I'm very confused as to what you done and how you went about it.
  • YouWantUsFC
    CPFC16 wrote: »

Why did you expect Ronaldo or Neymar from doing 6? If that was the case with packs everyone would have them.

It didnt - why do you think it did?
  • Dan is Clutch
    23906 posts Club Captain

hando = 14k
    totw = 12k-15k depending who you use.
    8 other 82-84 players = 24-35k depending

That is a lot to get a card worth 11.5k - 15k most of time.

It is out of order.

Should have sold up.

But you know the risks of opening a pack. You aren't guaranteed to make profit every time you do a tradeable IF SBC, surely you can understand that?
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    edited April 2017
    Shouldnt it be like 360-400k?
  • CPFC16
    CPFC16 wrote: »

It didnt - why do you think it did?

1.5m divided by 6 is 250k, from what I am understanding you used 250k worth of players per go.
  • CPFC16
    Anyway the main point is you know your mistake now for the next time one of these SBC things roll about. I agree they are not worth the coins but to expect Ronaldo or Neymar from 6 is madness, I actually think you got quite lucky with Thiago, considering how bad these packs are.
  • IffyMoney
    4027 posts National Call-Up
    Oh look, another thread by @YouWantUsFC blaming EA for his stupidity.

Imo, that return is very good. You got 1 of the top 4 in just 6 packs. Impressive.