POTM / League SBC - Worth it?

Danic123
2263 posts Fans' Favourite
edited March 2017
Basically, how many SBC for players have you done and how many have been worth it?

If you could have all the coins back instead of the players, would you do it?

Comments

• WFCBagnall
    69089 posts Moderator
    I have 93 untradeable special cards.
  • Thockey47(2)
    3805 posts National Call-Up
    David Villa - worth for the 60-80 games I've played with him
    OTW Mane - worth it as a super sub, took like 2-3 tries
    OTW Pjanic - not worth, like 6-8 tries and never used.
    SBC Suarez - 250 + games amazing.
  • AlexM1218
    715 posts Semi-Pro
    Sterling, Son, Hazard, Kurzawa, Giovinco, Smolov, Cahill...Only one I regret is Son
  • Danic123
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

Wow!!!!!
  • MAStrange
    578 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've found the rewards pretty much cover the cost on all of them except Laca and Saurez. That assuming you don't pull any top notch players, then you are in the money!
  • AlexM1218
    715 posts Semi-Pro
    MAStrange wrote: »
    I've found the rewards pretty much cover the cost on all of them except Laca and Saurez. That assuming you don't pull any top notch players, then you are in the money!

Throw in the high rated POTM cards as well. Pretty much have to pull a high rated walkout/invest very well to break even
  • Danic123

I have t had that luck with mine, I guess if I'd packed decent players from the packs I'd have been more inclined to do more future ones.
  • MAStrange
    578 posts Sunday League Hero
    Danic123 wrote: »

I have t had that luck with mine, I guess if I'd packed decent players from the packs I'd have been more inclined to do more future ones.

I list everything I pull including consumables. Usually get a return of about 7k per pack on average. I've not been very lucky with pulls either apart from the odd discard inform. The original sbcs are pretty cheap atm
  • Runefang
    6045 posts Big Money Move
    Giovinco and Alli have been worth it.

Gio as a super sub has won so many games for me.

Alli is just a legend, was never not going to get him.
  • illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    SBC Giovinco - Around 130 games with him, club leader in goals and assists, my favorite player this year

SBC Kurzawa - Around 110 games with him, excellent LB

POTM Son - Around 50 games, don't use him anymore

SBC Smolov - 2 games, haven't used him much

SBC Eto'o - 1 game, mainly did him for the packs

POTY Jensen - Never used him

SBC Cahill - Never used him
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner

POTM Sterling
    POTM Son
    SBC Kurzawa
    SBC Villa

Spent 100k or so at most on them so I'd say it was worth it for me, don't know how some justify spending millions on untradeable cards though
  • WFCBagnall
    69089 posts Moderator
    I'll write down all the ones I've done in the morning :D
  • AlexM1218
    715 posts Semi-Pro
    Painter753 wrote: »
    don't know how some justify spending millions on untradeable cards though

Agreed, got in too deep on Hazard, ended up having to throw a good amount of cash at it just to be able to finish and have something to show for all the coins I put into it. That was the last straw for expensive untradeables
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    AlexM1218 wrote: »

Agreed, got in too deep on Hazard, ended up having to throw a good amount of cash at it just to be able to finish and have something to show for all the coins I put into it. That was the last straw for expensive untradeables
    Yeah I mean it's all relative as I'm sure some like only using untradeables and stuff, but I know one guy in another thread said he spent 2.7 on SBCs, which I'd much rather have liquid than in cards where I'll never see the money again

• Glass0nion
    3935 posts National Call-Up
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

DWpfTGA.jpg

Had to do it chief.
  • AlexM1218
    715 posts Semi-Pro
    AlexM1218 wrote: »

Yeah I mean it's all relative as I'm sure some like only using untradeables and stuff, but I know one guy in another thread said he spent 2.7 on SBCs, which I'd much rather have liquid than in cards where I'll never see the money again

I wouldn't be able to play if I had 2.7 in untradeables! All I'd do is make concepts of all the teams I could make. Even if the untradeables were solid cards, none of them compare to CR7/top notch legends
  • Tsunami85
    1517 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 2017
    POTM Ibra worth it
    POTM Alli worth it.
    POTM Kane worth it.
    SbC Suarez Worth it.
    SBC Higuan Dont use it.
    SBC Etoo Dont Use it
    SBC Kane did it only for packs
  • weims
    2028 posts Fans' Favourite
    Only ones I don't regret were:

Kurzawa, Sterling, Can and Bellerin because I've used them a bunch (Sterling much earlier in the game)

Giovinco because he's an amazing player.

Pro League, Eredivisie, Super Lig and Russian League because I turned a profit on them

The balance I regret - Alli, Kane (both of them), Lacazette, Jonas, Son, Insigne, Cavani, Higuain, Buffon.... Suarez only because he's stopping me from buying the TOTY :lol:
  • Rootseyyy
    1279 posts Professional
    I have only done 2 of them. SBC Juanfran is quality and still in my main team. SBC Perrin was good but doesn't fit in my team now plus he has a better card out.
  • MyRoomsMessi
    2476 posts Fans' Favourite
    Anybody know when the next POTM card comes out?