The Ligue 1 POTM SBC has temporarily taken down & will return at a later time, updates to follow today PST on this FIFA Direct twitter thread. Forum thread discussing the issue is here.

How to handle a H/M CB?

Alex1684
304 posts Sunday League Hero
How to handle a H/M CB?

Make it sense to pair them with a M/M CB or is it better to pair them with a M/H or even a L/H?

My experience is, when i pair a H/M with a M/H or L/H the partnership sometimes leave some gaps.

Comments

• Robinflex
    1893 posts Fans' Favourite
    Go with M/M or M/H
  • Alex1684
    I usually do, but im thinking about to pair Ramos and Boateng.
    Maybe there are some tips how to handle a H/M CB.
  • Koning Spijker
    1365 posts Professional
    Ramos has H/M but it really is no issue. It has never been an ingame issue. People who complain about it, probably use a certain playstyle that doesnt fit a H/M. But I have used H/M duo's and they were always perfect in position
  • Fletch
    3523 posts National Call-Up
    To me, CB workrates mean nothing
  • Shahski
    778 posts Semi-Pro
    Fletch wrote: »

• Alex1684
    Shahski wrote: »
    Fletch wrote: »

Ok, so i need to test it! I always was aware from this workrates.
  • deelio
    437 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Depends what tactics you are playing, if your on defensive they will stay back, if not they tend to be more aggressive and will break the defensive line without you controlling them leaving gaps in your defense and it will cost you goals that's why people prefer to have the same work rates on defenders. Personally think that L/H is the best for a cb in a 4atb formation
  • Alex1684
    deelio wrote: »
    Depends what tactics you are playing, if your on defensive they will stay back, if not they tend to be more aggressive and will break the defensive line without you controlling them leaving gaps in your defense and it will cost you goals that's why people prefer to have the same work rates on defenders. Personally think that L/H is the best for a cb in a 4atb formation

Thanks mate for this opinion.
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    Boateng - Ramos works good for me
  • DSmith
    817 posts Semi-Pro
    Don't do it. unless it's TOTY Ramos who can make up for it they will screw you over against good players. M/M, M/H and L/H are best options for CB. That's why Smalling is so good, there aren't many strong, tall CB's with the right work rates, especially in the prem.

Boateng M/M is imo best CB on the game (Playstation)
    Smalling M/H is great
    Chiellini, Mov Barzagli are L/H so always back.

Bailly for example just goes off on crazy runs and leaves massive gaps at the back. With so many IF's, TOTY attackers etc in most squads you face now that is an accident waiting to happen.

TOTY Ramos is the exception as he can make up for it in so many other ways,.
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    edited March 2017
    DSmith wrote: »
    Don't do it. unless it's TOTY Ramos who can make up for it they will screw you over against good players. M/M, M/H and L/H are best options for CB. That's why Smalling is so good, there aren't many strong, tall CB's with the right work rates, especially in the prem.

Boateng M/M is imo best CB on the game (Playstation)
    Smalling M/H is great
    Chiellini, Mov Barzagli are L/H so always back.

Bailly for example just goes off on crazy runs and leaves massive gaps at the back. With so many IF's, TOTY attackers etc in most squads you face now that is an accident waiting to happen.

TOTY Ramos is the exception as he can make up for it in so many other ways,.

Agreed. Toty Ramos is on another level wouldn't bother with any other h/m cb.. He works very well with a m/m like Ferdinand ,totgs varane or boa..