Whats the F* point?

:(

Comments

• Bilbao_Baggins
    4162 posts National Call-Up
    Vinnie wrote: »
    Whats the F* point?

:(

To win, if u dont the scum opponent will counter u every time.
  • BiigDee
    4972 posts Big Money Move
    Since the patch my players aren't following this instruction. My CDM is ahead of Cavani and LB & RB are never in position
  • Bilbao_Baggins
    4162 posts National Call-Up
    BiigDee wrote: »
    Since the patch my players aren't following this instruction. My CDM is ahead of Cavani and LB & RB are never in position

My GK is playing as a striker half the time total nightmare
  • edwinstree
    8387 posts League Winner
    CDM's always roam forward despite what instructions you have on. It's been a problem for ages and it's down to poor programming.
  • Soly77
    574 posts An Exciting Prospect

LOL always been like that on instructions just leave it at default
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class
    Just noticed the same in online drafts everything was fine until i got to the final then all of a sudden there massive gaps being left in my defence as my full backs wanted to be strikers.
  • rankon.
    2259 posts Fans' Favourite
    Some people use CDMs with high Attack Positoning in-game stat which makes them roam forward even with instructions saying stay back
  • RadioShaq
    19954 posts Moderator
    It depends on a few things like work rates custom tactics and dpad settings. You can watch sokkers videos in his guide and see you can set them so they stay back.
  • jbwalton7
    1026 posts Professional
    Have my SBC Fernandinho as middle CM in 4312 and have him stay back while attacking...Scored 4 in 1 game last night and constantly got forward
  • LoPo9
    1228 posts Professional
    One great addition for next year would be workrates and instructions to work.

For example, Medel is low attacking and high defending. If I put him on "stay back while attacking", he should never enter the attacking 3rd unless I'm on ultra attacking or all out attack. Should be simple.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16674 posts World Class
    Op is a point my CDM loves to attack.
  • jbwalton7
    1026 posts Professional
    LoPo9 wrote: »

For example, Medel is low attacking and high defending. If I put him on "stay back while attacking", he should never enter the attacking 3rd unless I'm on ultra attacking or all out attack. Should be simple.

This type of thing could be massively abused by sad individuals though
  • opasni_
    3686 posts National Call-Up

My LB and RB never listened to any instruction since day one.
  • LoPo9
    1228 posts Professional
    jbwalton7 wrote: »
    LoPo9 wrote: »

It could. Maybe they could only make "stay back while attacking" available for CDM roles. Much like "stay forward" or "come back on defense" is only available for LW, RW and CAM.
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2017
    jbwalton7 wrote: »
    exactly, 532 would be preferred formation, all positions "stay back while attacking" except strikers :D

• truegunn3r
    13034 posts World Class
    Use stay back while attacking as default and then just tap LB or one-two to rush a fullback forward when needed to.
  • truegunn3r
    13034 posts World Class

You might have shooting in chance creation set very high with low speed in build up play.
  • truegunn3r
    13034 posts World Class
    edited March 2017
    Soly77 wrote: »

What at beat offside trap instead of cover
  • Amargaladaster26
    10718 posts Has That Special Something
    Set shooting in CTs to low number
  • DSD27
    5786 posts Big Money Move
    rankon. wrote: »
    Some people use CDMs with high Attack Positoning in-game stat which makes them roam forward even with instructions saying stay back

• DSD27

• truegunn3r
    13034 posts World Class

This and also speed in build up play to a high number otherwise your fullbacks and CDM's will take good attacking positions in slow build up but leave your defence exposed. Quick attacks jinx's the fullbacks as they don't get time to run forward and provide support.
  • DSD27
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    Soly77 wrote: »

What at beat offside trap instead of cover

there's always the "instructions don't matter", "custom tactics don't matter" idiots, just ignore them :)
  • U THILLY GOOTH!
    380 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited March 2017
    Stop setting shooting custom tactics so high.

Cdms rush towards the box as another potential shooter as the tactic is increased.

Did you think your forwards would just "try harder" to get into shooting positions?

Has to come from somewhere
  • DSmith
    817 posts Semi-Pro
    Try and ensure the workrates are what you're trying to achieve with stay back. EG Coleman is H/H so yes he gets forward but he gets back better than Walker. H/H's are better than H/M's for full backs. If that doesn't work for your full backs balance your midfield. Try and have one of them at least to have M/H. My midfield 3 are 2 x H/H and one H/M when things are good but if I start to struggle I bring in Kante as he is M/H so end up with one of each and it's much more balanced.
  • DSmith
    817 posts Semi-Pro
    Custom tactics are important but only if you assess your own team and the way you play. No point using pro players ct's as they aren't going to suit.

If you have a lot of agile players with good dribbling etc then fast build up play is better but if you have bigger clunkier players with worse control then that's not going to be ideal.
  • Hody
    945 posts Semi-Pro
    edwinstree wrote: »
    CDM's always roam forward despite what instructions you have on. It's been a problem for ages and it's down to poor programming.

It's a mix of custom tactics and player instructions

I have them on stay back, low shooting value in CT and organized attack. Like that they stick to their position and don't go too much up to look for a shooting opportunity
  • red2mik
    447 posts Sunday League Hero
    Haha try to not set sbwt on your fullbacks. Its ridiculous, they play like wingers if u don't do
  • hemuli7
    43 posts Park Captain
    have people ever think that "stay back while attacking" means they stay back when you are attacking on d-pad.
    most people are on defensive and then your player are not following instructions.
  • bigpokey24
    5808 posts Big Money Move
    edwinstree wrote: »

because you prob have shooting over 50 in CT