EA Just made themselves look like amateurs.

bjornheisenberg
3714 posts National Call-Up
You put a ping bar on seasons.
The ping bar is between yourself and the server.

Yet seasons is played over P2P.
Now cal me stupid if you wish but explain why you do not have a ping bar between player and player please?
Also please explain why your are using ping when the game is not using ping to play?
Are you that certain ISPs are not manipulating ping to make themselves look good on pingtest.net etc but then treating the game packet protocol like p2p was in the days before net neutrality?

In a nutshell shouldn't you be actually testing with the same packets the game uses?

Comments

• Stobe
    261 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited March 2017
    are

amateurs
    They're beyond professional when it comes to getting money out of their customers though
  • Tof33z
    6341 posts Big Money Move
    And how do we know exactly what the latency indicator is based on? Is it described anywhere or are you just making assumptions?
  • blackerLVP
    940 posts Semi-Pro
    Stobe wrote: »
    are

amateurs
    They're beyond professional when it comes to getting money out of their customers though

• bjornheisenberg
    Tof33z wrote: »
    And how do we know exactly what the latency indicator is based on? Is it described anywhere or are you just making assumptions?

When your in a room with no one in it and you have 4 bars.
    Have a think
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11193 posts Has That Special Something
    Are you referring to the latency bar as a ping bar as i don't think that's the case.
  • Tof33z
    6341 posts Big Money Move
    Tof33z wrote: »

When your in a room with no one in it and you have 4 bars.
    Have a think

Had a think and got to a conclusion. Apparently you're a bit dense
  • bjornheisenberg
    Or more like you have a very low iq if you can't get yer brain cell around that
  • bjornheisenberg
    Are you referring to the latency bar as a ping bar as i don't think that's the case.

Same thing.
    Latency is measured with icmp
  • JonRambo
    1096 posts Professional
    In BF4 you could rent out servers, why cant ea either get more and better servers or at least let people do this.

I heard p2p in fifa first connects to a server and then somehow uses both players internet as well. Im not an expert on this but it seems it uses servers and both players internet somehow because your opponent can effect the connection by doing dodgy things in game.
  • DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    JonRambo wrote: »
    In BF4 you could rent out servers, why cant ea either get more and better servers or at least let people do this.

I heard p2p in fifa first connects to a server and then somehow uses both players internet as well. Im not an expert on this but it seems it uses servers and both players internet somehow because your opponent can effect the connection by doing dodgy things in game.

Ps3 ps4 xb1 xb360 pc

All got seprate .market and gameplay servers