Yyyeeeesss can't believe it finally qualified for my first weekend league

bollard80
1037 posts Professional
Finally won the knockout tournament on my 3rd try.now for the fun of weekend league I can't wait lol

Comments

• PD93
    765 posts Semi-Pro
    Don't expect fun
  • WTFsmirky08
    2970 posts National Call-Up
    You'll be praying you didn't come monday

but congrats
  • Jobiwan
    2812 posts Fans' Favourite
    Welcome to hell... >:)
  • WallOfTrump
    585 posts Sunday League Hero
    Congrats! It's not that tough.

If you get ridiculous teams/players early on know they'll even out. Most games will be close but not impossible. Don't let it get to you either. Play out each game even if youre losing by a couple of goals. Try to pick up some ways to be better.
    If you do that it will be fun... WHether you get 5 win something or 25wins.
  • hankiecutsit
    2603 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's just a boring slog with inconsistent gameplay and a higher concentration of fuckmuppets.
  • ilmiringe
    2644 posts Fans' Favourite
    Say good bye to your weekend
  • ha032742
    34437 posts Moderator
    Congrats, maybe post your team for advice if you want?
  • bollard80
    1037 posts Professional

If you get ridiculous teams/players early on know they'll even out. Most games will be close but not impossible. Don't let it get to you either. Play out each game even if youre losing by a couple of goals. Try to pick up some ways to be better.
    Cheers for the advice and thanks all.

I was 1-0 down In the final on stoppage time I get a free kick 30 yards out up steps 86 depay to smash it top corner I won on penalties

• A_Snipe
    1854 posts Play-Off Hero
    Enjoy the miserable time. You'll wanna quit after this weekend. I'm an average player and realized it's not worth the time and effort. You can play 4-5 divisions and earn the same coins. You just don't get the **** packs
  • bollard80
    1037 posts Professional
    edited March 2017
    ha032742 wrote: »
    Congrats, maybe post your team for advice if you want?

Cheers my team is 4-3-1-2
    Gk navas
    Lb sbc kurzawa
    Lcb pepe
    Rcb ramos
    Rb sbc juanfran
    Lcm Ben arfa
    Ccm if inzonzi
    Rcm up Kante
    Cam if yedder
    Lstk 86 depay
    Rstk sbc lacazette

• ha032742
    34437 posts Moderator
    Pretty solid team...maybe iF Tolisso or MOTM if you can stretch over Ben Arfa?
  • Xpglobe
    2216 posts Fans' Favourite
    PD93 wrote: »
    Don't expect fun
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    Welcome to hell... >:)

• WallOfTrump
    585 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited March 2017

Cheers for the advice and thanks all.

I was 1-0 down In the final on stoppage time I get a free kick 30 yards out up steps 86 depay to smash it top corner I won on penalties

I was down 0-2 or 3 the first time I qualified. Even went a man down. But the quality of play felt like I was pretty equal to the other dude. So soldiered on. End up tying in stoppage and winning pks.

Most memorable win I've had in FIFA. Even watch them give me the trophy.

Stay positive have fun. It's a game. (Ie disregard the dudes telling you how miserable it is. It's only miserable if the connection is bad or you take losing too seriously)
  • Thierry-VavaVoom
    4266 posts National Call-Up
    Do 10 games on Friday 15 Saturday 15 Sunday.

Otherwise you'll go mental haha
  • deffy8
    730 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Congrats. The buzz of qualifying will mean less pain if things go bad, as this is your first WL (I remember it well)
    So just enjoy it and most of all learn from it as you will 100% come up against better opponents at some point and maybe lose heavily so just take from it how they beat you and not why :wink:
  • deffy8
    730 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Oh and GL
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    It's just a boring slog with inconsistent gameplay and a higher concentration of fuckmuppets.

giphy.gif
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    @bollard80

But seriously congrats. It ain't THAT bad. The super low press/ultra counter 4321/41212(2) **** get annoying after awhile.
  • bollard80
    1037 posts Professional
    Cheers all I'm not fussed if I lose I just wanted to qualify before fifa 18 came out lol
  • Yellownolan
    83 posts Park Captain
    Finally won the knockout tournament on my 3rd try.now for the fun of weekend league I can't wait lol

Same here, qualified first time today and on my first try somehow. First 3 matches bpl standard teams bailly, smalling, butland, martial and toughest match was the final against a ligue 1 team. How does 3atb do at weekend league? That's my current set up
  • Yellownolan
    83 posts Park Captain
    Screenshot_20170320_195431.png
  • Brainbenderpt
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special

You don't know what you are getting into :#
  • Only1United
    1380 posts Play-Off Hero
    Everyone moaning about how bad WL is but they still play it
  • Sparky_rob1982
    459 posts Sunday League Hero
    Congrats dude - I fluctuate with qualification as I can't play that much these days (wife and new baby) - but just got promoted to Div 1 yesterday, so should be able to get some games in this weekend given half a chance. Might see you there :tongue:
  • bollard80
    1037 posts Professional
    Screenshot_20170320_195431.png

Very nice team m8 and congrats qualifying
  • AndyUnderdog
    61 posts Park Captain
    Congrats mate
  • Seanspence31
    1002 posts Professional
    Make sure you get 18 wins so you auto qualify next week
  • Yellownolan
    83 posts Park Captain
    Thanks, got an inform addiction!!!
  • Waspy
    3885 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2017
    playing weekend league for the most part is like (and i've not done it but can only imagine) forcing pineapples up your arse sideways.... and dry......

GL though dude, i've decided to have another crack.... patience is key!!!!
  • bollard80
    1037 posts Professional
    Waspy wrote: »
    playing weekend league for the most part is like (and i've done it but can only imagine) forcing pineapples up your arse sideways.... and dry......

GL though dude, i've decided to have another crack.... patience is key!!!!

Lol cheers m8