The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Is 3421 a bad idea?

samthederbyram
1229 posts Professional
Can normally make gold 3/2 in the weekend league using 4321 but the form is so boring to use just feel like i need something to make the game fun again lost almost 300k in buying and selling over the weekend this ligue 1 team below looks phenomenal for 850k would be using the team on default custom tactics and player instructions so the are organised and the team keeps its shape
fbb661021efc1dd75df8bdc30ce3ad38.png

Comments

• TheHo
    219 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited March 2017
    you will suffer vs teams that has wide wings
  • samthederbyram
    1229 posts Professional
    TheHo wrote: »

I suffer on this game anyway :D think im having my usual mid fifa breakdown
  • Tof33z
    7042 posts Big Money Move
    TheHo wrote: »

I don't really find that tbh though logically it makes sense. Almost everyone plays narrow formations anyway
  • edwinstree
    8387 posts League Winner
    If you're good with defending and don't concede many then it's one the best formations on the game. So important to have two top CM's though.
  • therealmerk33
    1741 posts Play-Off Hero
    I would prefer MOTM Tolisso or Matuidi to Fabinho
  • Austintatious
    2289 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 2017
    It will be a lot of fun and probably quite high scoring. Basically it'll be Guardiola's wet dream.
  • Vflagship
    1205 posts Professional
    I had the same breakdown and went 3-4-1-2. Didnt last long, got ripped apart at the back
  • Benjog88
    1590 posts Play-Off Hero
    You would be better off using 5221 and playing your LM and RM on 6 chem (might be 7 I'm not sure) at wing back then set to always overlap
  • Uberman
    15740 posts World Class
    @Andy99TradeZ switched to it when losing by 2 against me and turned the game around with it - its very exposed at the back though - Its great in a desperate situation but not from the get go
  • Andy99TradeZ
    15187 posts World Class
    Uberman656 wrote: »
    @Andy99TradeZ switched to it when losing by 2 against me and turned the game around with it - its very exposed at the back though - Its great in a desperate situation but not from the get go

used it a few times if i was losing this wl after the 60min mark.

3421 with every attacking player on stay forward instructions, worked amazingly for pressing the opponent and won most tried it. Awful to start with though
  • xFATAL
    5008 posts Big Money Move
    Will be tough with those CMs. I would go with Matuidi and MOTM Tolisso.
  • Danic123
    3114 posts National Call-Up
    If you control the game and can deal with counters it's a dream.

But 90% of the time, a stacked defence will win out v a stacked attack. You'll just end up passing and probing whilst they're back in numbers, whilst they'll just breeze forwards in the counter and cut through the wide open spaces.

It's most effective when you switch and the opponent is trying to hold a lead. Sometimes they'll stick to their normal method for fear of changing and losing, but mostly they'll be sitting deep and not looking to counter, just trying desperately to hold that lead.
  • Falafelmonster
    4837 posts National Call-Up
    I switch from 4321 to 3421 when I'm behind and in need of a goal. It's super fun especially when you switch to it mid game and the opponent doesn't know :D.
    It's great because it's very hard to PTB against, your players flood the opponents half and you always have passing outlets.
    Regarding that specific team - Dante isn't fast enough for a 3atb
  • florida chillin
    785 posts Professional
    Can normally make gold 3/2 in the weekend league using 4321 but the form is so boring to use just feel like i need something to make the game fun again lost almost 300k in buying and selling over the weekend this ligue 1 team below looks phenomenal for 850k would be using the team on default custom tactics and player instructions so the are organised and the team keeps its shape
    fbb661021efc1dd75df8bdc30ce3ad38.png

This was my favorite formation for quite a while. I'd say give it a rip and see if you like it. So many options for the attack
  • jdros
    2655 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've used it in every WL since Thanksgiving. Always make at least gold 3. It just comes down to if you are comfortable defending with 3 or not, being able to hold possession helps.

I use default tactics and instructions for the last 6-7 weeks as well. The AI covers pretty well with the LM/RM on default.