The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Do you use the low driven shot too much?

samthederbyram
1229 posts Professional
It's literally the worst and best thing I've learnt this year I must use it for 95% of my shots with the other 5% being finesse shots. I just feel if i could finish my chances in a different way I could maybe get at least up to 5 more wins in wl the goals I do score with it I am adamant would never go in if I didn't do the low driven

Comments

• Campino
    28450 posts Player of the Year
    Yep
  • Glass0nion
    3937 posts National Call-Up
    How do you do it?

I mostly use high power finesse, or low finesse.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Yup. The trouble is I don't like it.

It doesn't "feel" like a nice way to score. It dribbles past the keeper half the time.

I'd rather smash it sometimes or finesse. But the keeper saves those so here we are.
  • Andy99TradeZ
    15225 posts World Class
    seems almost too easy to score from imo
  • Surfy
    1133 posts Professional
    DaveSaves wrote: »

It doesn't "feel" like a nice way to score. It dribbles past the keeper half the time.

I'd rather smash it sometimes or finesse. But the keeper saves those so here we are.

I agree with this. I much prefer an open body finesse shot goal.
  • Arron xox
    3389 posts National Call-Up
    70% of my goals or through this it's best way to score past Butland :D:D
  • Dr.Strange
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    Is this the hold B then tap B one ?
    If so do you do it only in the penalty box ? Cause I tried it for a bit from outside the penalty box and I hated it. It rolled in a weird way and lacked power which is what I expected from a driven shot.
  • samthederbyram
    1229 posts Professional
    DaveSaves wrote: »

Could agree with you more @DaveSaves
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    Dr.Strange wrote: »
    Is this the hold B then tap B one ?
    If so do you do it only in the penalty box ? Cause I tried it for a bit from outside the penalty box and I hated it. It rolled in a weird way and lacked power which is what I expected from a driven shot.
    Only do it outside the penalty box with Del Piero, as his are broken. But yeah I feel I do them too much and it costs me ❤️❤️❤️❤️ away a chance that I would of finished if I finessed or blasted it top corner
  • Jake
    14424 posts Has That Special Something
    Used to have the problem but I've learned when best to use it
  • samthederbyram
    1229 posts Professional
    Jake wrote: »
    Used to have the problem but I've learned when best to use it

@Jake teach me I'm addicted :D
  • Diggy
    14204 posts Has That Special Something
    Low driven shots are stale stopped using them,scoring them seems cheap
  • Neymessi
    13058 posts Has That Special Something
    I have never even scored one of these, didn't even know these were a thing :joy:

I have no problem finishing at all this year.
  • Skrt_Skrt
    4621 posts National Call-Up
    I have no problems finishing, I couldn't tell ya the last time I used a low driven tbh.
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    Never used the low driven shot.
  • illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    I constantly use it, finesse shots are useless this year except from an occasional one that goes in from long range
  • shiaan
    405 posts Sunday League Hero
    I use them 90% of the time its just a natural reflex now i only found out about them in January it got me past butland soooo many times and also 37 wins this WL
  • Austintatious
    2289 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nope, never use it. They are absolute bs though.
  • samthederbyram
    1229 posts Professional
    I may need to think about my technique then this is maybe why I'm so bad at finishing :D
  • Skywalker42O
    2522 posts Fans' Favourite
    Way too much.
  • SimmoEFC
    11613 posts Has That Special Something
    I prefer driven finesse shots, but I use both way too much yeah.
  • dylwms
    2306 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think it's all I use most the time, it's effective though
  • RWU
    2978 posts National Call-Up
    The Trouble is Low driven us now very much used by me all the time through Normal reflex and I missed some goals bcos of if
  • Tootrill22
    1724 posts Play-Off Hero
    The only goals that get scored against me. Everyone does the same thing, does in the same way, and has Smalling, Butland, Martial, and Kante. Game is becoming a bore
  • Steelcity637
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hate the way it looks especially the slow roller. Way to op in my opinion. With that said when I finally started to use it huge improvement.
  • gettysburg11
    1727 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yes
  • krakos000
    17579 posts World Class
    No I'm awful at them. Would much rather just do a finesse or a normal power shot in the box depending on situation. I do driven finesse shots from time to time though.
  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    Low driven is the best shot this year. Those who dont know how to use it you are missing out
  • GeezR81
    1106 posts Professional
    RWU wrote: »
    The Trouble is Low driven us now very much used by me all the time through Normal reflex and I missed some goals bcos of if

This. You automatically go for it when you could have finessed it into the top corner
  • Danic123
    3114 posts National Call-Up
    I use this and other methods. It's consistently creating opportunities that I have a problem with. Thankfully though I don't give too many away either.