The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Casual players @WL

Nauticius
421 posts Sunday League Hero
Hey guys,

Just played a few matches against the most sweaty players I've faced in a while, just defending and trying to drag the game to pens, not even trying to hold the ball, just counter attacking and time wasting. And that's fine, sure it's annoying, but if someone enjoys playing like that, so be it.

However, I'm more of a casual player. Meaning if I go up 1-0 at 70th min I'm not going change formation to defensive and park the buss or time waste, I like to actually play the game. I know this is costing me a few wins atleast, but I cant take a game as seriously as some players do.

Just curious if there are people like me playing WL or is everybody just so focused on winning they do it at all cost? :D

Also, are there any casual(in lack of a better word) players who reach elite? I usually end up somewhere with 20-24 wins, and was just wondering is it even possible to reach elite without abusing every possible thing you can in the game?

Comments

• ConductorConte
    1245 posts Professional
    At the start of each month I want to hit elite monthly. But after a while I can't be bothered with it, so just play for the 18 wins, which I can get comfortably.

This weeks gone horribly, so trying to hold Div 1, then can play WL casually.
  • hayhor1
    15077 posts World Class
    I play the game to have fun. Fun = not playing WL.
  • RadioShaq
    15612 posts Moderator
    If you are casual probably better off not going into the competitive mode and playing singles and divisions.
  • Nauticius
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    If you are casual probably better off not going into the competitive mode and playing singles and divisions.

If the lag in singles and divisions wasnt so horrible I would play them. :D
  • LiamSully
    6873 posts Big Money Move
    Seasons i treat casually, WL I wanna win
  • RadioShaq
    15612 posts Moderator
    Nauticius wrote: »

Could always play the tournaments or people on here. I suppose thats only for the super casuals though because most times they don't finish them to much effort.
  • Nauticius
    edited March 2017
    Nauticius wrote: »

Could always play the tournaments or people on here. I suppose thats only for the super casuals though because most times they don't finish them to much effort.

Yep, actually been trying to find new mates to play with recently.
    However overall I'm quite happy with the current situation, I play WL with my own style and get decent rewards so thats not the issue, mainly was just curious if there are others who play it like I do. :)

• thegabrielNYC
    727 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm as casual as it gets. In fact so casual, FUT hasn't been played since Zelda/Switch came out along w/ Wildliands on the PS4. I've used the companion app to sell off players and consumables from my club but that's the only love they've gotten lately. Maybe if they put out a product that wasn't so broken...
  • Xpglobe
    2216 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm as casual as it gets. In fact so casual, FUT hasn't been played since Zelda/Switch came out along w/ Wildliands on the PS4. I've used the companion app to sell off players and consumables from my club but that's the only love they've gotten lately. Maybe if they put out a product that wasn't so broken...

We're on the same boat I switch mostly between Zelda and Wildlands with mates Fifa just to get a few games with irl friends
  • thegabrielNYC
    727 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Xpglobe wrote: »

We're on the same boat I switch mostly between Zelda and Wildlands with mates Fifa just to get a few games with irl friends

I'm just grateful there are new games worth playing right now to distract me from being disappointed by FUT o:)
    How do you like the new LOZ and Wildlands? I love them both but I don't see myself playing Wildlands for too long after I finish the core game. But so far, I've had a blast B)
  • Yonas
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Id only play WL dont bother playing through the week unless on CLUBS.

I like winning but most time I get horrible luck in games. refuse to PTB at any point only make subs if game isnt going for me or need to freshen it.
  • Spurs1123
    1939 posts Fans' Favourite
    WL isn't a casual mode. The sweat will keep casuals away.
  • Xpglobe
    2216 posts Fans' Favourite
    Xpglobe wrote: »

I'm just grateful there are new games worth playing right now to distract me from being disappointed by FUT o:)
    How do you like the new LOZ and Wildlands? I love them both but I don't see myself playing Wildlands for too long after I finish the core game. But so far, I've had a blast B)

Zelda am taking my time not in a rush for the end game and wildlands having fun with irl mate online and we're mostly waiting for the online mode looks sick hope it's better than uncharted
  • Cresswell_86
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    hayhor1 wrote: »

coming from someone who's already assured themselves qualification via 18wins for the next WL..
  • hayhor1
    15077 posts World Class

coming from someone who's already assured themselves qualification via 18wins for the next WL..

Yep, this was the third time I played and I was reminded again why not too. This week I played 33 matches. The other two times I played 40 and 36. Honestly Saturday is the best day to play. Friday night everyone is starting out and does not want to start badly. Sunday everyone is scratching out their wins. But there is no way I am playing all those games in one day.

I did get one fleabag who was cursing and sending me hate messages for scoring on crosses psn suspended though so that was fun.
  • Alonsop
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 2017
    i usually play for 18 wins only since its to many games and too much time. But since i was free this weekend i managed to play all 40. Did 10 games Friday,like 15 Saturday and rest on Sunday. Managed to pull 30 wins. This is probably the best ill ever get. :smiley:

Also, i dont understand or know how to do custom tactics or why waste time by switching formation or subs at the beginning of the game. Most games i played, people would pause the game at the start and make formation changes and subs. Kind of annoying. lol
  • Waspy
    3885 posts National Call-Up

this ha ha ha ha, im back in for this weekend though...... might regret it! Played the weekly knock outs today, had one of the hardest games i've ever played against a 4-4-2 with vardy, musa, mane,sterling, bellerin, walker etc etc, the aggression was unreal..... true pace ❤️❤️❤️❤️!!! but if that is what

In short, not looking forward to the WL
  • Delboy13710
    6316 posts Big Money Move
    Checked that I need 15 wins for gold 3 monthly. Since I qualify through divisions my main aim in wl will be gold 3 monthly. Which is not 2 time consuming or hard to achieve plus you get a few red cards at the end . I mean If you don't hit elite regularly there's pretty much no point in taking it to seriously . Last night I just switched it off after a while as I wasn't enjoying it. Was 2 up no celebration or replays. Could have seen it out but kept playing for more . He scores DABS full replay 89th min i give away a soft penalty he scores runs to the halfway line DABS and watches full replay . Eventually he wins on penalties then messaged me HAHAHA . At that point I new n it was time to retire lol
  • Spurs1123
    1939 posts Fans' Favourite
    Checked that I need 15 wins for gold 3 monthly. Since I qualify through divisions my main aim in wl will be gold 3 monthly. Which is not 2 time consuming or hard to achieve plus you get a few red cards at the end . I mean If you don't hit elite regularly there's pretty much no point in taking it to seriously . Last night I just switched it off after a while as I wasn't enjoying it. Was 2 up no celebration or replays. Could have seen it out but kept playing for more . He scores DABS full replay 89th min i give away a soft penalty he scores runs to the halfway line DABS and watches full replay . Eventually he wins on penalties then messaged me HAHAHA . At that point I new n it was time to retire lol

I had the same thing happen. Scored a soft pen in extra time and sat in the corner the remainder of the game. He had 35% possession the whole game and didn't have a shot until the penalty. He won 1-0. Messaged me afterward and all it said was "❤️❤️❤️❤️ YOU JAJA". I took the rest of the night off.

My own fault for not converting the chances I had I guess.
  • Delboy13710
    6316 posts Big Money Move
    Spurs1123 wrote: »

I had the same thing happen. Scored a soft pen in extra time and sat in the corner the remainder of the game. He had 35% possession the whole game and didn't have a shot until the penalty. He won 1-0. Messaged me afterward and all it said was "**** YOU JAJA". I took the rest of the night off.

My own fault for not converting the chances I had I guess.

Yup just comes down to how seriously you take it. Now I dont take it as seriously it's been alot less stressfull . If I loose I loose trying to attack and play , for me there is 0 fun in kicking it around my back line all game or sliding in every attack the opponent has . If I get outplayed by a good player i will message them saying well played gg .
  • StiIImatic
    472 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm a fairly casual player. I find too many matches going to extra time/penalties cause I can't protect a lead at the 90th minute. Changing formation or going ptb most certainly makes me lose because that's when I stop playing my usual game and invite too much pressure in my half.
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2017
    I could get elite weekly if I played like a ❤️❤️❤️❤️. I score first quite a bit. I also don't play super low press/ultra fast counter 4321.

I honestly love to play like a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ just 1 weekend to see if I could get elite. But I don't think I can bring myself to it. I got 27 wins once playing like a normal, casual player.
  • WallOfTrump
    585 posts Sunday League Hero

Haha. I've seen some sweaty terrible people in single match mode.

@op in WL
    I normally play the game for fun. However if the opponent is play win at all cost. I ll run out the last 5 and/ptb.
    Its more a situation call.
    Non weekend league especially single match only. I don't even play with competitive rosters and just want a fun game. That's what I play most outside of wl mainly bc I can get like teams with a mid 70s squad.
  • Deviladvent
    431 posts Sunday League Hero

haha yeah great AI the game hass ! when you oressure them they kick the ball outside lol and many more
  • rensstyle
    427 posts Sunday League Hero
    I never park the bus,somehow i cant play that and i manage to screw things up , when im ahead in de 80+ minute i just try to keep possession on the other half and wait for the space which always comes to close the game with another goal
  • Chavez
    2666 posts Fans' Favourite
    casual player, usually end up @ Gold 2 or 3 in WL. I refuse to park the bus, usually just play on the way I always play, or sometimes go back to 'defending' via the D Pad.
    For the rest, sometimes I switch my 4-3-2-1 to a 4-3-1-2, but I dont think that is much of a difference :)
  • CeeQue
    12385 posts Has That Special Something
    I just play to win but at the same I won't do cheap tactics to win. The overall gameplay on H2H is more enjoyable since theres no reward after each game. Less chance of douchbags.
  • Blackbag69
    223 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I finally managed to qualify for the 1st time yesterday*

I'm a casual player and intend to play the game in my normal way, I will play as many games as my wife allows. If I can finish in silver that will be great, gold 3 and I would be over the moon, but I have no expectations.

* (I did get a free entry over New Years from the friendly EA Advisor)
  • bgp1845
    1818 posts Play-Off Hero
    this year i'm definitely a very casual fifa player. usually by this time i was at or very close to 1000 FUT games, this year i'm just under 450 in late march.

the 3 times i tried to qualify i did successfully but never played more than like 15 games in the WL, finishing ~10-5 each time.
    WL takes the same poor gameplay from seasons/singles/etc. and cranks it up to the next level. no desire to fight against the worst of the worst game mechanics as well as try hards trying to grind out for some sick epic crazy epic wild untradeable players.