OT: Scottish Independence

Comments

• AnDrEwThEdOn
    17262 posts World Class
    Peter wrote: »
    Will the price if irn bru rise?

It'd be put into the taps in everyone's houses if we had no one else ruling us
  • Jwalls5096
    1064 posts Professional
    edited March 2017
    The left is on the way out... simple as that... brexit, trump, Geert Wilders just yesterday, now LePen in a months time... all of Europe is sick and tired of their governments doing things against their own interests...
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17262 posts World Class
    Scottish population = 5.4 million
    U.K. Population = 65 million

SNP seats=56

5.4/65 * 650 = 54.75

So Scotland actually are over represented in the U.K... discuss :)

No
  • IffyMoney
    4027 posts National Call-Up
    Cphee1987 wrote: »
    IffyMoney wrote: »
    @Cphee1987 @AnDrEwThEdOn

So you guys don't want independence?

Joining the EU is not independence!

Again it's more independent than having England dictate your country

It isn't though....

Spain can stop any law you try to pass or make amends to within the E.U, as can any other member, just by using their right to 'veto'.

Delusional, it's incredible really.

Just like England stop anything we try to pass as it is?

So you'd rather have a bunch of foreigners, who have less interest in the success of your country, dictate to you instead?

Genius.

We would have more control over our laws and finances than we currently do so yes I would. And it's got nothing to do with you what the Scottish people want

you've been brainwashed.

How many members of parliament do you have in Westminister?
  • Cphee1987
    6181 posts Big Money Move
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    Personally don't think it would be a yes vote this time either. It's too soon after the previous one and I'd rather wait and see what happens with "brexit"

But I know why the SNP and their supporters would want one now because the situation in the U.K. Is not the same as when we last voted

Apparently this is irrelevant

Valid points just seem to get ignored mate :lol:
  • Everton1878
    2207 posts Fans' Favourite

SNP seats=56

5.4/65 * 650 = 54.75

No

It's technically true. You're far far better represented than I am. I identify with Merseyside who aren't represented, you have more representation than your population should (technically).
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17262 posts World Class
    Jwalls5096 wrote: »
    The left is on the way out... simple as that... brexit, trump, Geert Wilders just yesterday, now LePen in a months time... all of Europe is sick and tired of their governments doing things against their own interests...

Didn't Wilders lose?
  • IffyMoney

SNP seats=56

5.4/65 * 650 = 54.75

No

You'll have even less representation in Europe :D
  • Everton1878

Didn't Wilders lose?

Won and lost. He did better than they did last time but worse than expected. And nowhere near enough for an actual victory.
  • keilly
    433 posts Sunday League Hero
    @Cphee1987 @AnDrEwThEdOn

It isn't though....

Spain can stop any law you try to pass or make amends to within the E.U, as can any other member, just by using their right to 'veto'.

So you'd rather have a bunch of foreigners, who have less interest in the success of your country, dictate to you instead?

Genius.

We would have more control over our laws and finances than we currently do so yes I would. And it's got nothing to do with you what the Scottish people want

you've been brainwashed.

Your like one of those religious no alls who apear at your door spooting there beliefs, and refuse to listen or leave till you slam the door shut.
  • IffyMoney

Didn't Wilders lose?

You fail to understand the point....

But then again, it's no surprise, given you guys lost and now want a rematch.

Surprised Sturgeon hasn't asked for the six nations to be replayed.
  • Diggy
    13806 posts Has That Special Something
    It will be an even bigger "we want to stay"

Due mainly to the financial implications Scotland would go into economical meltdown if they left now what with the oil price
  • Everton1878

Didn't Wilders lose?

Seriously, have a debate, not a tantrum. I'm actually on your side but think you're being a tool. People are allowed differing opinions.
  • Cphee1987
    6181 posts Big Money Move
    @Cphee1987 @AnDrEwThEdOn

It isn't though....

Genius.

you've been brainwashed.

Snp have 54

Tories over 300
    Labour over 200

Doesn't matter if some of the are Scottish Tories or Scottish Labour because at end of the day they have to side with their head party
  • Jwalls5096
    1064 posts Professional

Didn't Wilders lose?

I honestly don't know how it works in holland... but it seems on sky news that it was a victory for his party
  • Everton1878
    @Cphee1987 @AnDrEwThEdOn

It isn't though....

Genius.

you've been brainwashed.

Snp have 54

Tories over 300
    Labour over 200

Doesn't matter if some of the are Scottish Tories or Scottish Labour because at end of the day they have to side with their head party

What about people who voted green? They have 1. People who voted ukip? 1. People who voted lib dem? 8. You got 5 times more seats than those 3 combined with less votes.
  • IffyMoney
    edited March 2017

Didn't Wilders lose?

Seriously, have a debate, not a tantrum. I'm actually on your side but think you're being a tool. People are allowed differing opinions.

The only person who isn't allowed an opinion is me...i'm the only person in this thread providing evidence with my points.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17262 posts World Class
    edited March 2017

Didn't Wilders lose?

No I understand. Brexit was a huge loss for the left and whatever the f**k trump is isn't good for anyone

But he didn't win the election did he? Wilders that is

• IffyMoney
    @Cphee1987 @AnDrEwThEdOn

It isn't though....

Genius.

you've been brainwashed.

Snp have 54

Tories over 300
    Labour over 200

So that's 54 members of Parliament currently...

Tell me....how many will you have in the European parliament, should you break from the Union.
  • Hippyboy6
    16904 posts World Class

Didn't Wilders lose?

Unbelievable.

I'll ask again as you keep avoiding it,not sure why as it's a very simple question.

Has the situation changed dramatically since Scotland voted?
  • Sanchezzzz
    4040 posts National Call-Up
    Let them go independent but make damn sure we never offer them any help.
  • SomeMightSay
    272 posts Sunday League Hero

SNP seats=56

5.4/65 * 650 = 54.75

No

Fs..

Your are starting to take up to much of my time by replying to this thread..

Scotland want the choice to stay or remain in the EU. If they want to be dictated by the EU or remain a single entity they want the **** choice..

From the EU referendum it clearly show that Scotland and England are on 2 different waves lengths.. so they have a very valid reason for a 2nd referendum.

IFFY you are clueless and making yourself look even more foolish

• Everton1878

Didn't Wilders lose?

Unbelievable.

I'll ask again as you keep avoiding it,not sure why as it's a very simple question.

Yes. But in favour of the union according to polls.
  • IffyMoney

Didn't Wilders lose?

No I understand. Brexit was a huge loss for the left and whatever the f**k trump is isn't good for anyone

But he didn't win the election did he? Wilders that is

The guy said the left was dead....

Wilder's results and popularity, along with Brexit, Trump etc....show's that the right is growing.

• Jwalls5096
    1064 posts Professional

Didn't Wilders lose?

Unbelievable.

No not at all... how is your life different?
  • IffyMoney

Didn't Wilders lose?

Unbelievable.

You do realise i've already said they should have another referendum....way back.

ffs.
  • Arsenalfan97
    7775 posts League Winner

Didn't Wilders lose?

I honestly don't know how it works in holland... but it seems on sky news that it was a victory for his party

They gained 5 seats and became 2nd biggest but they lost and a few weeks ago he seemed to be in the lead. I'm glad he didn't win the man makes trump seem nice and cuddly he wants to ban all mosques for gods sake.
  • Everton1878
    Number of votes required to win a seat in U.K. General election.

Conservatives
    Labour
    SNP
    Lib Dem
    DUP
    Sinn Ffein
    Plaid Cymru
    SDLP
    UUP
    Ukip
    Green

So yes, SNP are massively overrepresented.
  • Addicksfan
    3300 posts National Call-Up
    Interesting read this thread.

I'm an Englishman, working for a French company who's UK HQ is in Scotland, I spend 1-2 days a week in Scotland, most weeks and was grateful to my Scottish colleagues for the previous vote to remain.

If another vote for independence is wanted by Scotland then let the whole of the UK vote for it. Independence for Scotland would affect the other countries in this Union and should not be the right of the Scottish alone.

A petition raised recently in Scotland to avoid another independence referendum has over 140,000 signatures, this is now likely to result in a debate within the House of Commons. A bit of a blow for Sturgeon is that the majority of signatures are from constituencies such as Edinburgh North and Leith a strong SNP seat. High support for the No referendum has also been seen in Gordon, which is Alex Salmond's constituency.

I for one don't mind either way if Scotland should stay or leave, I would certainly prefer not to beak up the Union but if it were to happen I would like to have my say in the form of a vote.
  • IffyMoney

SNP seats=56

5.4/65 * 650 = 54.75

No

Fs..

Your are starting to take up to much of my time by replying to this thread..

Scotland want the choice to stay or remain in the EU. If they want to be dictated by the EU or remain a single entity they want the **** choice..

From the EU referendum it clearly show that Scotland and England are on 2 different waves lengths.. so they have a very valid reason for a 2nd referendum.

IFFY you are clueless and making yourself look even more foolish

They either want Independence....or to leave the union and join the E.U.

They are separate entities.