• SomeMightSay
    272 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited March 2017
    IffyMoney wrote: »
    Tof33z wrote: »
    Serious point - Why would the E.U even want Scotland?

Pretty sure when the Brexit referendum was in full swing Sturgeon sat and spoke with a few top E.U officials who said they would not be willing to accept Scotland into the E.U unless part of a United Kingdom.

The argument above about Ireland isn't relevant for two reasons:

1. The damage to the Irish economy has been far more severe than the UK over the past decade....largely due to the impact on the Euro.

2. Ireland's economy, in comparison to the UK and other EU powerhouses, is tiny. You wouldn't put £500,000 into a 2% interest account (Bank a) instead of a 5% interest account (Bank b), just because the year before Bank a was only offering a 1% interest rate and therefore has a higher rate of growth.

Final and most important point, regarding Scotland not having a Tory mp representing them....Your 'intelligent and wise' population decided to put into power the SNP due to their promise of a national referendum....the election was a complete landslide.....and then, you decided to vote against everything they represented and said no :D

Seriously, if you know so little about something avoid debating it.

Firstly, re Scotland joining the EU, of course the bloody EU would say that. They wanted to avoid brexit duh. This was during the campaign. Switch your fecking brain on.

Ireland's economy is almost exactly the same as Scotland, with a smaller population. If you include oil, Scotland is about 10% higher. The difference the oil makes is modest,but it's all everyone talks about. The growth in the Irish economy over the past ten years massively outperforms the uk. Of course the crash was bad but absolutely nothing to do with the euro. No idea where you get that **** from. It originated in the US ffs.

What actually is important that the Irish people can vote for the government they want and hold them accountable. But like the original referendum, everyone gets stuck on the same moronic **** you just trotted out. Cos you know, actually learning the accurate facts Is a bit of a bore

Iffy - You have no clue what da hell you are talking about.. I'm not Scottish but you are a typical English kid who read about the Brexit and Scottish independence in the Daily Sport FS..

Iffy - Your a fool

Irony here?

You're not Scottish....and judging by your grammar and spelling, you're not from any part of Britain.

I didn't need to read about Brexit from any forms of media....i'm capable of making my own decisions based off my own beliefs, which is why I voted to leave the European Union.

The problem individuals like yourself have is that...

1. You're commenting on something you clearly know nothing about, as all my posts have been relevant and actually haven't been for or against the Scots holding another referendum.
    2. You don't actually contribute to a 'discussion', labelling someone a 'fool' isn't what someone with a respectable opinion would do.
    3. You're blinded by your hatred for me, that you clearly cannot form a rational argument yourself.

I actually have no hatred for you at all.

I am writing on a forum so my grammar suits the context I am writing too. It's funny the last resort people attack so peoples grammar or spelling mistakes..

Please research before spouting pure crap which you clearly no nothing about other than 'your beliefs'

Please enlighten us why you voted to leave the EU?

Why did i vote to leave the E.U.?

Because it was the right decision for me.....

I didn't attack your grammar, i was using it to explain how someone who clearly doesn't have English as their first language, can even offer an opinion on this subject.

Lets move on from the grammar aspect, shall we?

I am very interested in your beliefs about leaving the EU and please explain why it was the right decision for you. What was the most compelling argument why you voted leave?

I voted leave so that the U.K could gain its 'independance'.

That is what is so strange about the Scotland debacle. They claim they want independance....but they're looking to jump straight back into bed with the E.U.

Its spelt - independence

Irony - a pretense of ignorance and of willingness to learn from another assumed in order to make the other’s false conceptions conspicuous by adroit questioning —called also Socratic irony

And I'm Done.. thank you and good night

Long runs the fox kiddo
  • IffyMoney
    4027 posts National Call-Up
    I'm just going to leave it at this....

The Tories set in motion the chain of events for a 'in, out' EU referendum way back in 2011.

So when the Scots voted in their referendum, whether doing so knowingly or not (Ironic if you didn't know, considering i'm the one who doesn't have 'all the facts'), voting to remain in the UK actually was also a vote towards taking part in an E.U referendum.
  • Hibee
    12157 posts Has That Special Something
    Hibee wrote: »
    What are u guys actually disagreeing on? I'm lost

I don't know.

I'm just getting some flak because, well, quite frankly, it's me. :D

I haven't even offered my opinion...which by the way, is that i'd be delighted for Scotland to have another referendum.

What you have done is insult Scotland several times. Your posts are saying more about you as a person than any opinion you may have on Scotlands independence.

Where have i insulted Scotland?

Really??

"Because they don't understand the concept of how the voting system works" Because WE are all the same yeah?

"Your 'intelegent and wise' population...."

"I'm guessing your a Scot and it's quite ironic using the term moronic here"

Arrogant and patronising. As I said, just as well I don't lump all English in the same category as you. I know 99% are good people.
  • Cphee1987
    6181 posts Big Money Move

I don't know.

I haven't even offered my opinion...which by the way, is that i'd be delighted for Scotland to have another referendum.

What you have done is insult Scotland several times. Your posts are saying more about you as a person than any opinion you may have on Scotlands independence.

Mate stop provoking them..... resist

I haven't though....that's the thing.

I've disagreed with their opinions....i've not labelled all Scots morons.

Yet..... :trollface:

Why would anyone not want their country to be Independent. Why on earth should Scottish people accept that Westminster pick and choose what their money is spent on? Every country should rule themselves.

If the shoe was on the other foot and Scottish parliament made all the big decisions in England would you not want England to gain independence?

Same way if there never was a union and we were all separate countries and there was to be a referendum to join into a union I highly doubt any of the countries would vote for that. That's like saying why don't France Spain and Germany become a new union of countries ruled by France.......think any of them would be up for it? :joy:

Simply put it's a stupid set up in the first place
  • IffyMoney

Pretty sure when the Brexit referendum was in full swing Sturgeon sat and spoke with a few top E.U officials who said they would not be willing to accept Scotland into the E.U unless part of a United Kingdom.

1. The damage to the Irish economy has been far more severe than the UK over the past decade....largely due to the impact on the Euro.

2. Ireland's economy, in comparison to the UK and other EU powerhouses, is tiny. You wouldn't put £500,000 into a 2% interest account (Bank a) instead of a 5% interest account (Bank b), just because the year before Bank a was only offering a 1% interest rate and therefore has a higher rate of growth.

Final and most important point, regarding Scotland not having a Tory mp representing them....Your 'intelligent and wise' population decided to put into power the SNP due to their promise of a national referendum....the election was a complete landslide.....and then, you decided to vote against everything they represented and said no :D

Firstly, re Scotland joining the EU, of course the bloody EU would say that. They wanted to avoid brexit duh. This was during the campaign. Switch your fecking brain on.

Ireland's economy is almost exactly the same as Scotland, with a smaller population. If you include oil, Scotland is about 10% higher. The difference the oil makes is modest,but it's all everyone talks about. The growth in the Irish economy over the past ten years massively outperforms the uk. Of course the crash was bad but absolutely nothing to do with the euro. No idea where you get that **** from. It originated in the US ffs.

What actually is important that the Irish people can vote for the government they want and hold them accountable. But like the original referendum, everyone gets stuck on the same moronic **** you just trotted out. Cos you know, actually learning the accurate facts Is a bit of a bore

Iffy - You have no clue what da hell you are talking about.. I'm not Scottish but you are a typical English kid who read about the Brexit and Scottish independence in the Daily Sport FS..

Iffy - Your a fool

Irony here?

You're not Scottish....and judging by your grammar and spelling, you're not from any part of Britain.

I didn't need to read about Brexit from any forms of media....i'm capable of making my own decisions based off my own beliefs, which is why I voted to leave the European Union.

1. You're commenting on something you clearly know nothing about, as all my posts have been relevant and actually haven't been for or against the Scots holding another referendum.
    2. You don't actually contribute to a 'discussion', labelling someone a 'fool' isn't what someone with a respectable opinion would do.
    3. You're blinded by your hatred for me, that you clearly cannot form a rational argument yourself.

I am writing on a forum so my grammar suits the context I am writing too. It's funny the last resort people attack so peoples grammar or spelling mistakes..

Please research before spouting pure crap which you clearly no nothing about other than 'your beliefs'

I didn't attack your grammar, i was using it to explain how someone who clearly doesn't have English as their first language, can even offer an opinion on this subject.

I am very interested in your beliefs about leaving the EU and please explain why it was the right decision for you. What was the most compelling argument why you voted leave?

That is what is so strange about the Scotland debacle. They claim they want independance....but they're looking to jump straight back into bed with the E.U.

Its spelt - independence

Irony - a pretense of ignorance and of willingness to learn from another assumed in order to make the other’s false conceptions conspicuous by adroit questioning —called also Socratic irony

Long runs the fox kiddo

I love it!!!

Knew it'd work!!
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year

I don't know.

Really??

"Because they don't understand the concept of how the voting system works" Because WE are all the same yeah?

Arrogant and patronising. As I said, just as well I don't lump all English in the same category as you. I know 99% are good people.

Thats optimistic
  • IffyMoney
    Cphee1987 wrote: »

I don't know.

Why would anyone not want their country to be Independent. Why on earth should Scottish people accept that Westminster pick and choose what their money is spent on? Every country should rule themselves.

If the shoe was on the other foot and Scottish parliament made all the big decisions in England would you not want England to gain independence?

Same way if there never was a union and we were all separate countries and there was to be a referendum to join into a union I highly doubt any of the countries would vote for that. That's like saying why don't France Spain and Germany become a new union of countries ruled by France.......think any of them would be up for it? :joy:

Scotland don't want to be independent though....

That's what everyone fails to understand.
  • IffyMoney

I don't know.

Really??

Is it intelligent and wise to call for a referendum...and then lose/vote against it?
  • Hippyboy6
    16899 posts World Class
    Not sure why people are against Scotland having another referendum, because a politician said "once in a lifetime" that's a good enough reason not to have one, despite one of the biggest changes ever to the UK since the vote.

It's a bit like buying an apartment on a large complex, when viewing it, you'll have access to the on site gym, swimming pool & shops..... Come moving in day, you have no access to any of them.
  • Hibee
    Peter wrote: »

I don't know.

Really??

Thats optimistic

Lol, well all my English mates are great guys. Making the point though that I'm not branding eveyone the same because they come from a specific country. Iffy being offensive and patronising and the worrying thing is he doesn't even seem to realise it.
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    4032 posts National Call-Up
    remain part of the union or carry on with those lunatics in Brussels

hmmmm tough choice not
  • IffyMoney
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    Not sure why people are against Scotland having another referendum, because a politician said "once in a lifetime" that's a good enough reason not to have one, despite one of the biggest changes ever to the UK since the vote.

It's a bit like buying an apartment on a large complex, when viewing it, you'll have access to the on site gym, swimming pool & shops..... Come moving in day, you have no access to any of them.

Not really :D

The Scots were aware that Brexit was a possibility, but still voted to remain in the UK.
  • Hibee

Common sense mate. Don't know why I got involved here to be honest lol.
  • IffyMoney
    Peter wrote: »

I don't know.

Really??

Thats optimistic

Lol, well all my English mates are great guys. Making the point though that I'm not branding eveyone the same because they come from a specific country. Iffy being offensive and patronising and the worrying thing is he doesn't even seem to realise it.

It isn't offensive to disagree with you.

Anyone who thinks that you will become more independent by leaving the Union is 'moronic'.

@TOMMYxCOOPER Seems to be well screwed on. 'jus like that' you could say :D
  • Cphee1987
    edited March 2017

I don't know.

The vote was 2% in favour of not to become independent. A large part of the population did not vote. A larger part of the population voted no simply based on the whole campaign of if Scotland remained the UK would remain in Europe. Majority of no voters I know that was a key factor. The goalposts have since been moved and in which case it's a reasonable thought to have a new referendum considering Scotland unanimously voted against brexit. A large portion of no voters now want independence since regardless the country is being taken out of the EU against their will.

Due to all of the above it's the correct decision to give the people the vote again as circumstances have dramatically changed. If no wins again then the snp don't have a leg to stand on and that should be the end of it. But with the whole brexit situation a new independence referendum is the right thing to do
  • Sam
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special

The Scots were aware that Brexit was a possibility, but still voted to remain in the UK.
    People didn't think we'd leave the EU.
  • Matt_Cornwall
    2970 posts National Call-Up
    Not sure if it's true but aren't there a number of other EU member states pushing for referendums like France?

Scotland might want to wait until these have happened, don't want to be the last guy at the table holding the Greece bill.
  • Jake
    14424 posts Has That Special Something
    One thing I'm curious to know is how successful have the SNP been in regards to social issues/progression?

Whether it's true or not I've read a lot about an attainment gap in schools, an increase in those in absolute poverty and a failure in regards to mental health.

Would be interested to know what a Scot thinks as obviously they're living there and would know what's going on.
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    Let them have their European Venezuela
  • Arsenalfan97
    7752 posts League Winner
    Iffy is an **** but he has made a good point which everyone has avoided. Why would you want be free from the UK but wanna jump into bed with the EU? There is a lot of eurosceptism do the majority of Scots wanna get back into the EU knowing they are gonna get a crap deal?
  • IffyMoney

I don't know.

The vote was 2% in favour of not to become independent. A large part of the population did not vote. A larger part of the population voted no simply based on the whole campaign of if Scotland remained the UK would remain in Europe. Majority of no voters I know that was a key factor. The goalposts have since been moved and in which case it's a reasonable thought to have a new referendum considering Scotland unanimously voted against brexit. A large portion of no voters now was independence since regardless the country is being taken out of the EU against their will.

Due to all of the above it's the correct decision to give the people the vote again as circumstances have dramatically changed. If no wins again then the snp don't have a leg to stand on and that should be the end of it. But with the whole brexit situation a new independence referendum is the right thing to do

Please don't make me keep repeating this....but to put it simply.

Scotland want to be part of the EU.

England don't want to be part of the EU.

Which is independent?
  • IffyMoney
    Sam wrote: »

Key word there pal, possibility.
  • Cphee1987

I don't know.

The vote was 2% in favour of not to become independent. A large part of the population did not vote. A larger part of the population voted no simply based on the whole campaign of if Scotland remained the UK would remain in Europe. Majority of no voters I know that was a key factor. The goalposts have since been moved and in which case it's a reasonable thought to have a new referendum considering Scotland unanimously voted against brexit. A large portion of no voters now was independence since regardless the country is being taken out of the EU against their will.

Which is independent?

Neither for Scotland. But being part of the EU is more independent for us than having Westminster dictate to us
  • IffyMoney
    Iffy is an **** but he has made a good point which everyone has avoided. Why would you want be free from the UK but wanna jump into bed with the EU? There is a lot of eurosceptism do the majority of Scots wanna get back into the EU knowing they are gonna get a crap deal?

Well i agree with almost all of that :trollface:
  • Jake
    14424 posts Has That Special Something
    Sam wrote: »

Surely that's there fault then?
  • Jwalls5096
    1064 posts Professional
    edited March 2017
    send our boys in and treat them as rebels in a colony.. joking
  • IffyMoney
    Jake wrote: »
    One thing I'm curious to know is how successful have the SNP been in regards to social issues/progression?

Whether it's true or not I've read a lot about an attainment gap in schools, an increase in those in absolute poverty and a failure in regards to mental health.

Would be interested to know what a Scot thinks as obviously they're living there and would know what's going on.

From a couple of mates at Uni who are from kiltland...a lot of people feel as though re-bringing up independence is a way for the SNP to push the current agenda away from their poor governance.
  • IffyMoney

I don't know.

Which is independent?

Neither for Scotland. But being part of the EU is more independent for us than having Westminster dictate to us

You sure?

Clearly not heard of the term 'veto'.
  • SomeMightSay
    272 posts Sunday League Hero

Iffy - Your a fool

Irony here?

Its spelt - independence

Long runs the fox kiddo

I love it!!!

Knew it'd work!!

Did you? hahahhahaha

Stick to playing to Fifa and leave the big boy conversations to people who actually know what they are talking about

• Arsenalfan97
    7752 posts League Winner

I don't know.

Which is independent?

I'm fairly certain a little while ago when Cameron was prime minister the EU forced us to pay a couple of billion extra to them and they made it look like they wouldn't pay (though im confident we did just later on) it won't be much different.