OT: Scottish Independence

Comments

• Tof33z
    6869 posts Big Money Move
    God almighty. Last try. You said

You voted to obtain the right to vote....you then used this vote to vote against your initial vote....and now you want the same vote again

Ignore the eu referendum. . The SCOTTISH INDEPENDENCE REFERENDUM was before Scotland then voted SNP. Scotland did not vote to get an independence referendum.
  • Hibee
    12141 posts Has That Special Something
    Jwalls5096 wrote: »
    And I hate the way the lower class scottish talk... it's awful

Iv been to Liverpool. Such an eloquent way they talk in that City. Really made me feel inadequate about my Edinburgh accent. :neutral:
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    IffyMoney wrote: »
    Peter wrote: »
    Bicali wrote: »
    Voted No before but now I'll be gladly voting Yes for independence, don't see it getting the same support as before but hopefully I'm wrong!

Hopefully Ireland and Wales will follow suit when we leave.

Wales :joy:

We can mock the Welsh all we want....but at least they're appearing to be more intelligent than the Scots at the moment.

I reckon they might have a referendum on whether or not they should have a referendum :D

Im just laughing at the suggestion they could go independent.
  • centenary88
    622 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Close this pls as the infantile Englishman and his MSM opinions are getting people annoyed.

Should never allow political discussions on these boards.
  • IffyMoney
    4027 posts National Call-Up
    keilly wrote: »
    What are your thoughts?

Nicola Sturgeon wants another referendum, quite frankly because she didn't get the result she wanted in the first one.

To be fair though, if she wants scottish independence, she should let us English vote in the next one :trollface:

What do you care what scotland does ? All you have done on this thread is insult people fo rbeing scottish, and having different opinions from yours. You have even stooped to the trolling level of slagging of gramar. Go get a life...

You can't even be serious?

That reply just says everything about you.
    Your one of those who would cause trouble in an empty room, and argue black was white..

Jesus your levels of intelligence are worrying.

Lets join a thread i know nothing about, and instead of offering an opinion....i'll just try and start an argument. Do you do this often?
  • IffyMoney
    Close this pls as the infantile Englishman and his MSM opinions are getting people annoyed.

Should never allow political discussions on these boards.

geez...

I haven't even offered an opinion yet.
  • Jwalls5096
    1064 posts Professional
    Hibee wrote: »

Iv been to Liverpool. Such an eloquent way they talk in that City. Really made me feel inadequate about my Edinburgh accent. :neutral:

At least one can understand scouse talk
  • SomeMightSay
    272 posts Sunday League Hero
    Tof33z wrote: »
    Serious point - Why would the E.U even want Scotland?

Pretty sure when the Brexit referendum was in full swing Sturgeon sat and spoke with a few top E.U officials who said they would not be willing to accept Scotland into the E.U unless part of a United Kingdom.

The argument above about Ireland isn't relevant for two reasons:

1. The damage to the Irish economy has been far more severe than the UK over the past decade....largely due to the impact on the Euro.

2. Ireland's economy, in comparison to the UK and other EU powerhouses, is tiny. You wouldn't put £500,000 into a 2% interest account (Bank a) instead of a 5% interest account (Bank b), just because the year before Bank a was only offering a 1% interest rate and therefore has a higher rate of growth.

Final and most important point, regarding Scotland not having a Tory mp representing them....Your 'intelligent and wise' population decided to put into power the SNP due to their promise of a national referendum....the election was a complete landslide.....and then, you decided to vote against everything they represented and said no :D

Seriously, if you know so little about something avoid debating it.

Firstly, re Scotland joining the EU, of course the bloody EU would say that. They wanted to avoid brexit duh. This was during the campaign. Switch your fecking brain on.

Ireland's economy is almost exactly the same as Scotland, with a smaller population. If you include oil, Scotland is about 10% higher. The difference the oil makes is modest,but it's all everyone talks about. The growth in the Irish economy over the past ten years massively outperforms the uk. Of course the crash was bad but absolutely nothing to do with the euro. No idea where you get that **** from. It originated in the US ffs.

What actually is important that the Irish people can vote for the government they want and hold them accountable. But like the original referendum, everyone gets stuck on the same moronic **** you just trotted out. Cos you know, actually learning the accurate facts Is a bit of a bore

Iffy - You have no clue what da hell you are talking about.. I'm not Scottish but you are a typical English kid who read about the Brexit and Scottish independence in the Daily Sport FS..

Iffy - Your a fool

Irony here?

You're not Scottish....and judging by your grammar and spelling, you're not from any part of Britain.

I didn't need to read about Brexit from any forms of media....i'm capable of making my own decisions based off my own beliefs, which is why I voted to leave the European Union.

The problem individuals like yourself have is that...

1. You're commenting on something you clearly know nothing about, as all my posts have been relevant and actually haven't been for or against the Scots holding another referendum.
    2. You don't actually contribute to a 'discussion', labelling someone a 'fool' isn't what someone with a respectable opinion would do.
    3. You're blinded by your hatred for me, that you clearly cannot form a rational argument yourself.

I actually have no hatred for you at all.

I am writing on a forum so my grammar suits the context I am writing too. It's funny the last resort people attack so peoples grammar or spelling mistakes..

Please research before spouting pure crap which you clearly no nothing about other than 'your beliefs'

Please enlighten us why you voted to leave the EU?
  • IffyMoney
    Bicali wrote: »
    Voted No before but now I'll be gladly voting Yes for independence, don't see it getting the same support as before but hopefully I'm wrong!

Hopefully Ireland and Wales will follow suit when we leave.

Wales :joy:

We can mock the Welsh all we want....but at least they're appearing to be more intelligent than the Scots at the moment.

I reckon they might have a referendum on whether or not they should have a referendum :D

Im just laughing at the suggestion they could go independent.

Mate, Sturgeon wants to become more democratic, by removing the power of Scotland from London to Glasgow...no, sorry, Edinburgh, no, that isn't right....Brussels, that's it.

The famous Scottish city of Brussels.
  • IffyMoney

Pretty sure when the Brexit referendum was in full swing Sturgeon sat and spoke with a few top E.U officials who said they would not be willing to accept Scotland into the E.U unless part of a United Kingdom.

1. The damage to the Irish economy has been far more severe than the UK over the past decade....largely due to the impact on the Euro.

2. Ireland's economy, in comparison to the UK and other EU powerhouses, is tiny. You wouldn't put £500,000 into a 2% interest account (Bank a) instead of a 5% interest account (Bank b), just because the year before Bank a was only offering a 1% interest rate and therefore has a higher rate of growth.

Final and most important point, regarding Scotland not having a Tory mp representing them....Your 'intelligent and wise' population decided to put into power the SNP due to their promise of a national referendum....the election was a complete landslide.....and then, you decided to vote against everything they represented and said no :D

Firstly, re Scotland joining the EU, of course the bloody EU would say that. They wanted to avoid brexit duh. This was during the campaign. Switch your fecking brain on.

Ireland's economy is almost exactly the same as Scotland, with a smaller population. If you include oil, Scotland is about 10% higher. The difference the oil makes is modest,but it's all everyone talks about. The growth in the Irish economy over the past ten years massively outperforms the uk. Of course the crash was bad but absolutely nothing to do with the euro. No idea where you get that **** from. It originated in the US ffs.

What actually is important that the Irish people can vote for the government they want and hold them accountable. But like the original referendum, everyone gets stuck on the same moronic **** you just trotted out. Cos you know, actually learning the accurate facts Is a bit of a bore

Iffy - You have no clue what da hell you are talking about.. I'm not Scottish but you are a typical English kid who read about the Brexit and Scottish independence in the Daily Sport FS..

Iffy - Your a fool

Irony here?

You're not Scottish....and judging by your grammar and spelling, you're not from any part of Britain.

I didn't need to read about Brexit from any forms of media....i'm capable of making my own decisions based off my own beliefs, which is why I voted to leave the European Union.

1. You're commenting on something you clearly know nothing about, as all my posts have been relevant and actually haven't been for or against the Scots holding another referendum.
    2. You don't actually contribute to a 'discussion', labelling someone a 'fool' isn't what someone with a respectable opinion would do.
    3. You're blinded by your hatred for me, that you clearly cannot form a rational argument yourself.

I am writing on a forum so my grammar suits the context I am writing too. It's funny the last resort people attack so peoples grammar or spelling mistakes..

Please research before spouting pure crap which you clearly no nothing about other than 'your beliefs'

Why did i vote to leave the E.U.?

Because it was the right decision for me.....

I didn't attack your grammar, i was using it to explain how someone who clearly doesn't have English as their first language, can even offer an opinion on this subject.
  • DoctorJoe19
    1028 posts Professional
    What are u guys actually disagreeing on? I'm lost
  • Hibee

At least one can understand scouse talk

Can one? You may be able to, but then you are English. I can understand any Scottish accent. We are different countries you know.

FFS been on this board for a while but this thread taking me by surprise. Some of the arrogance, hatred and lack of knowledge being shown is on a different level.
  • keilly
    429 posts Sunday League Hero
    What are your thoughts?

Nicola Sturgeon wants another referendum, quite frankly because she didn't get the result she wanted in the first one.

To be fair though, if she wants scottish independence, she should let us English vote in the next one :trollface:

What do you care what scotland does ? All you have done on this thread is insult people fo rbeing scottish, and having different opinions from yours. You have even stooped to the trolling level of slagging of gramar. Go get a life...

Your one of those who would cause trouble in an empty room, and argue black was white..

Lets join a thread i know nothing about, and instead of offering an opinion....i'll just try and start an argument. Do you do this often?

My opinions on scotland are mine and nothing i would try and shove down others throats.
    Everything i said was true you are anti scottish you had a go at someone for there gramar.
    And now you are trying to insuly my intelligence, you are a keyboard warrior who when no one agrees tries to bully and insult them.
    Where you dropped on your head several times as a baby or just a complete tool.
  • IffyMoney

I don't know.

I'm just getting some flak because, well, quite frankly, it's me. :D

I haven't even offered my opinion...which by the way, is that i'd be delighted for Scotland to have another referendum.
  • IffyMoney
    What are your thoughts?

My opinions on scotland are mine and nothing i would try and shove down others throats.
    Everything i said was true you are anti scottish you had a go at someone for there gramar.
    And now you are trying to insuly my intelligence, you are a keyboard warrior who when no one agrees tries to bully and insult them.
    Where you dropped on your head several times as a baby or just a complete tool.

Go away now...there isn't a single part of that post which is relevant.

The fact you can't see that I wasn't insulting someones grammar, is the exact reason i questioned your intelligence.
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    Let them go, I read that if they were to go independent then they would need to raise taxes by 21% or cut public spending by 18%, and that was last year and oil prices have declined since them. Scotland is a burden.

Yeah and everything you read is accurate. Bell end.

Ask yourself why the westminster establishment were **** themselves at the thought of Scottish independence? Absolutely **** themselves.

Hence the absolute trash like your so called facts coming out of everywhere, especially the BBC.

Ireland has no oil. Their economy is growing faster than anywhere in Europe. The oil thing is a complete fallacy.

And anyway it's not even about the money, never was. When you vote in zero tory mps but get a tory government you're just an annexe not a country. It's just a shame the people of Scotland bought the same lies that you did and bottled it
    No need to get personal sport. The numbers were backed up by an independent study and the article was in the Spectator, which I wouldn't class as the mainstream media.
  • Jwalls5096
    1064 posts Professional
    edited March 2017
    The point is I even though I now live in the US, I am still a British citizen so I'm entitled to an opinion.. sturgeon said it was a "once in a lifetime opportunity" and had her referendum.. now do the people of the U.K. Need to live in a constant state of uncertainty about the future of their nation because they want to hold referendums every few years???
  • Hibee

I don't know.

I haven't even offered my opinion...which by the way, is that i'd be delighted for Scotland to have another referendum.

What you have done is insult Scotland several times. Your posts are saying more about you as a person than any opinion you may have on Scotlands independence.
  • Matt_Cornwall
    2965 posts National Call-Up
    My view is if the Scottish people want to vote then let them have a vote. At the end of the day the situation (although not identical) is similar to Britain wanting to leave the EU, we wanted to make our own decisions and that's want Scotland is pushing for.

I just hope before voting everyone is given clear and accurate information about what it will mean. During elections and voting there's so much misinformation it's a joke. The main aspects that I'm curious on (because I have no idea) is will Scotland need to adopt the Euro and will they need a hard border meaning visas are needed to travel either way.
  • IffyMoney
    God almighty. Last try. You said

You voted to obtain the right to vote....you then used this vote to vote against your initial vote....and now you want the same vote again

Ignore the eu referendum. . The SCOTTISH INDEPENDENCE REFERENDUM was before Scotland then voted SNP. Scotland did not vote to get an independence referendum.

Please don't change the subject....

Since 2011, actually before 2011, the tories have been after a EU referendum.
  • SomeMightSay
    272 posts Sunday League Hero

Iffy - Your a fool

Irony here?

I didn't attack your grammar, i was using it to explain how someone who clearly doesn't have English as their first language, can even offer an opinion on this subject.

Lets move on from the grammar aspect, shall we?

I am very interested in your beliefs about leaving the EU and please explain why it was the right decision for you. What was the most compelling argument why you voted leave?

• IffyMoney

I don't know.

What you have done is insult Scotland several times. Your posts are saying more about you as a person than any opinion you may have on Scotlands independence.

Where have i insulted Scotland?
  • DoctorJoe19
    1028 posts Professional

I don't know.

My view is if the Scottish people want to vote then let them have a vote. At the end of the day the situation (although not identical) is similar to Britain wanting to leave the EU, we wanted to make our own decisions and that's want Scotland is pushing for.

I just hope before voting everyone is given clear and accurate information about what it will mean. During elections and voting there's so much misinformation it's a joke. The main aspects that I'm curious on (because I have no idea) is will Scotland need to adopt the Euro and will they need a hard border meaning visas are needed to travel either way.

Honestly mate that's the one reason why I love science and hate politics. No **** nor twisting the facts.. just cold hard evidence
  • IffyMoney

Iffy - Your a fool

Irony here?

Lets move on from the grammar aspect, shall we?

I am very interested in your beliefs about leaving the EU and please explain why it was the right decision for you. What was the most compelling argument why you voted leave?

I voted leave so that the U.K could gain its 'independance'.

That is what is so strange about the Scotland debacle. They claim they want independance....but they're looking to jump straight back into bed with the E.U.
  • IffyMoney

I don't know.

Honestly mate that's the one reason why I love science and hate politics. No **** nor twisting the facts.. just cold hard evidence

Well i'd consider the motion in 2011 by the tories, to start proceedings in order to get an 'in out' referendum was hard evidence that the tories wanted this debate far before the Scots wanted their own referendum.
  • DoctorJoe19
    1028 posts Professional

I don't know.

Mate stop provoking them..... resist
  • IffyMoney

I don't know.

Mate stop provoking them..... resist

I haven't though....that's the thing.

I've disagreed with their opinions....i've not labelled all Scots morons.

Yet..... :trollface:
  • Matt_Cornwall
    2965 posts National Call-Up

I don't know.

True, that's the main thing that bugs me about politics and politicians they always say whatever they need to try and win but then do a complete 180 later. Like with increasing the tuition fees or increasing the NI. Not sure why they can't be held accountable for breaking key aspects of their manifesto.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year

They had one.
  • Jwalls5096
    1064 posts Professional
    edited March 2017

They had one.

Once in a lifetime she said