OT: Scottish Independence

Comments

  • IffyMoney
    4027 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2017
    Tof33z wrote: »
    IffyMoney wrote: »
    Serious point - Why would the E.U even want Scotland?

    Pretty sure when the Brexit referendum was in full swing Sturgeon sat and spoke with a few top E.U officials who said they would not be willing to accept Scotland into the E.U unless part of a United Kingdom.

    The argument above about Ireland isn't relevant for two reasons:

    1. The damage to the Irish economy has been far more severe than the UK over the past decade....largely due to the impact on the Euro.

    2. Ireland's economy, in comparison to the UK and other EU powerhouses, is tiny. You wouldn't put £500,000 into a 2% interest account (Bank a) instead of a 5% interest account (Bank b), just because the year before Bank a was only offering a 1% interest rate and therefore has a higher rate of growth.

    Final and most important point, regarding Scotland not having a Tory mp representing them....Your 'intelligent and wise' population decided to put into power the SNP due to their promise of a national referendum....the election was a complete landslide.....and then, you decided to vote against everything they represented and said no :D

    Seriously, if you know so little about something avoid debating it.

    Firstly, re Scotland joining the EU, of course the bloody EU would say that. They wanted to avoid brexit duh. This was during the campaign. Switch your fecking brain on.

    Ireland's economy is almost exactly the same as Scotland, with a smaller population. If you include oil, Scotland is about 10% higher. The difference the oil makes is modest,but it's all everyone talks about. The growth in the Irish economy over the past ten years massively outperforms the uk. Of course the crash was bad but absolutely nothing to do with the euro. No idea where you get that **** from. It originated in the US ffs.

    What actually is important that the Irish people can vote for the government they want and hold them accountable. But like the original referendum, everyone gets stuck on the same moronic **** you just trotted out. Cos you know, actually learning the accurate facts Is a bit of a bore

    woah fella....

    Firstly, of course the E.U wanted to avoid Brexit.....because they're well aware that the U.K leaving the E.U is huge, as they have will have zero control over what we do. The E.U really couldn't care less about having control in Scotland, as you have said yourself, all power lies in Westminister.

    Secondly, how on earth was the 'Eurozone' crisis, in which the U.k had to help bail out Greece, 'in the U.S'....Jesus man.

    Finally, I'm aware of the facts.....

    I'm guessing you're a Scot yourself, and it's quite ironic yourself using the term 'moronic' there.

    Your fellow countrymen voted the SNP in to obtain a referendum vote....you then decided to vote against your initial vote by remaining in the UK....and now you want another one.


    TL:DR

    You voted to obtain the right to vote....you then used this vote to vote against your initial vote....and now you want the same vote again.

    Jesus :D:D:D

    (Before you come back with the 'things have changed' argument, make sure you read the bold bit carefully).
  • IffyMoney
    4027 posts National Call-Up
    Also interested if @Tof33z wants Scotland to join the EU...should they leave the UK?
  • IffyMoney
    4027 posts National Call-Up
    Nicola Sturgeon "I want to return the democratic powers of Scotland back to the Scottish people....by sending them to Brussels".

    :D:D
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    edited March 2017
    Bicali wrote: »
    Voted No before but now I'll be gladly voting Yes for independence, don't see it getting the same support as before but hopefully I'm wrong!

    Hopefully Ireland and Wales will follow suit when we leave.

    Wales :joy:
  • IffyMoney
    4027 posts National Call-Up
    Peter wrote: »
    Bicali wrote: »
    Voted No before but now I'll be gladly voting Yes for independence, don't see it getting the same support as before but hopefully I'm wrong!

    Hopefully Ireland and Wales will follow suit when we leave.

    Wales :joy:

    We can mock the Welsh all we want....but at least they're appearing to be more intelligent than the Scots at the moment.

    I reckon they might have a referendum on whether or not they should have a referendum :D
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Yeah, lets get rid of Wales too.
  • Hibee
    12244 posts Has That Special Something
    FFS, bit shocked at some of the comments here.
  • Wonderfulwest
    4730 posts National Call-Up
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Rebuild the wall and cut them off.

    There's a reason Newcastle is the way it is
  • SomeMightSay
    272 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited March 2017
    Tof33z wrote: »
    IffyMoney wrote: »
    Serious point - Why would the E.U even want Scotland?

    Pretty sure when the Brexit referendum was in full swing Sturgeon sat and spoke with a few top E.U officials who said they would not be willing to accept Scotland into the E.U unless part of a United Kingdom.

    The argument above about Ireland isn't relevant for two reasons:

    1. The damage to the Irish economy has been far more severe than the UK over the past decade....largely due to the impact on the Euro.

    2. Ireland's economy, in comparison to the UK and other EU powerhouses, is tiny. You wouldn't put £500,000 into a 2% interest account (Bank a) instead of a 5% interest account (Bank b), just because the year before Bank a was only offering a 1% interest rate and therefore has a higher rate of growth.

    Final and most important point, regarding Scotland not having a Tory mp representing them....Your 'intelligent and wise' population decided to put into power the SNP due to their promise of a national referendum....the election was a complete landslide.....and then, you decided to vote against everything they represented and said no :D

    Seriously, if you know so little about something avoid debating it.

    Firstly, re Scotland joining the EU, of course the bloody EU would say that. They wanted to avoid brexit duh. This was during the campaign. Switch your fecking brain on.

    Ireland's economy is almost exactly the same as Scotland, with a smaller population. If you include oil, Scotland is about 10% higher. The difference the oil makes is modest,but it's all everyone talks about. The growth in the Irish economy over the past ten years massively outperforms the uk. Of course the crash was bad but absolutely nothing to do with the euro. No idea where you get that **** from. It originated in the US ffs.

    What actually is important that the Irish people can vote for the government they want and hold them accountable. But like the original referendum, everyone gets stuck on the same moronic **** you just trotted out. Cos you know, actually learning the accurate facts Is a bit of a bore


    Iffy - You have no clue what da hell you are talking about.. I'm not Scottish but you are a typical English kid who read about the Brexit and Scottish independence in the Daily Sport FS..

    If you actually did your research instead of thinking that sounds like a good argument. The main reason why so many people in Scotland voted to remain was because the got scare mongered into ''if you leave the UK you leave the EU and everything that it brings with it. SOoooo that's why have a very valid reason for holding another referendum.

    FS - There is so many more points to argue but I feel I would be wasted energy trying to explain

    Iffy - Your a fool
  • Hibee
    12244 posts Has That Special Something
    There are reasons both for and against. Don't really think a FIFA forum is the place to discuss though. Iv plenty English mates, we have a bit of banter about it. But some of the hatred Iv heard since this came out has really surprised me. You guys do realise that not all Scott's are the same? Just like I'm fully aware not all English are Union Jack shorts wearing racist thugs.
  • DoctorJoe19
    1028 posts Professional
    https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/08/independent-scotland-now-bankrupt/ https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/13/ifs-independent-scotland-would-have-cut-spending-increase-taxes/amp/ These are two of the most accurate articles I could find. An independent Scotland at the moment is not economically viable unless more money is raised through taxes or cuts. An independent Scotland must apply to join the eu and there will likely receive an awful deal and be forced to join the Euro if they want to join. They have no leverage to work with as they are financially so weak. Anyway enjoy reading, I hope it helps
  • IffyMoney
    4027 posts National Call-Up
    Tof33z wrote: »
    IffyMoney wrote: »
    Serious point - Why would the E.U even want Scotland?

    Pretty sure when the Brexit referendum was in full swing Sturgeon sat and spoke with a few top E.U officials who said they would not be willing to accept Scotland into the E.U unless part of a United Kingdom.

    The argument above about Ireland isn't relevant for two reasons:

    1. The damage to the Irish economy has been far more severe than the UK over the past decade....largely due to the impact on the Euro.

    2. Ireland's economy, in comparison to the UK and other EU powerhouses, is tiny. You wouldn't put £500,000 into a 2% interest account (Bank a) instead of a 5% interest account (Bank b), just because the year before Bank a was only offering a 1% interest rate and therefore has a higher rate of growth.

    Final and most important point, regarding Scotland not having a Tory mp representing them....Your 'intelligent and wise' population decided to put into power the SNP due to their promise of a national referendum....the election was a complete landslide.....and then, you decided to vote against everything they represented and said no :D

    Seriously, if you know so little about something avoid debating it.

    Firstly, re Scotland joining the EU, of course the bloody EU would say that. They wanted to avoid brexit duh. This was during the campaign. Switch your fecking brain on.

    Ireland's economy is almost exactly the same as Scotland, with a smaller population. If you include oil, Scotland is about 10% higher. The difference the oil makes is modest,but it's all everyone talks about. The growth in the Irish economy over the past ten years massively outperforms the uk. Of course the crash was bad but absolutely nothing to do with the euro. No idea where you get that **** from. It originated in the US ffs.

    What actually is important that the Irish people can vote for the government they want and hold them accountable. But like the original referendum, everyone gets stuck on the same moronic **** you just trotted out. Cos you know, actually learning the accurate facts Is a bit of a bore


    Iffy - You have no clue what da hell you are talking about.. I'm not Scottish but you are a typical English kid who read about the Brexit and Scottish independence in the Daily Sport FS..

    Iffy - Your a fool

    Irony here?

    You're not Scottish....and judging by your grammar and spelling, you're not from any part of Britain.

    I didn't need to read about Brexit from any forms of media....i'm capable of making my own decisions based off my own beliefs, which is why I voted to leave the European Union.

    The problem individuals like yourself have is that...

    1. You're commenting on something you clearly know nothing about, as all my posts have been relevant and actually haven't been for or against the Scots holding another referendum.
    2. You don't actually contribute to a 'discussion', labelling someone a 'fool' isn't what someone with a respectable opinion would do.
    3. You're blinded by your hatred for me, that you clearly cannot form a rational argument yourself.
  • GABRIEL_JESUS33
    148 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    IffyMoney wrote: »
    Also interested if @Tof33z wants Scotland to join the EU...should they leave the UK?

    @IffyMoney really didn't want to get involved in politics on this forum but your last post was a joke, the part you highlighted in bold in particular for me highlights the stupidity of your post.

    It shouldn't require much explanation but to put it simply, the goalposts have moved. If that doesn't entitle people for the opportunity of another vote then I don't know what does. If you can't accept that, maybe just be quiet and keep your stupid opinions to yourself?

  • IffyMoney
    4027 posts National Call-Up
    Hibee wrote: »
    There are reasons both for and against. Don't really think a FIFA forum is the place to discuss though. Iv plenty English mates, we have a bit of banter about it. But some of the hatred Iv heard since this came out has really surprised me. You guys do realise that not all Scott's are the same? Just like I'm fully aware not all English are Union Jack shorts wearing racist thugs.

    I agree with the first bit completely....the same goes for the Brexit referendum.

    There is no 'right or wrong' way to vote, well actually there is, the 'right' way to vote, is by voting which ever way benefits you individually the most.
  • IffyMoney
    4027 posts National Call-Up
    IffyMoney wrote: »
    Also interested if @Tof33z wants Scotland to join the EU...should they leave the UK?

    @IffyMoney really didn't want to get involved in politics on this forum but your last post was a joke, the part you highlighted in bold in particular for me highlights the stupidity of your post.

    It shouldn't require much explanation but to put it simply, the goalposts have moved. If that doesn't entitle people for the opportunity of another vote then I don't know what does. If you can't accept that, maybe just be quiet and keep your stupid opinions to yourself?

    Firstly, i haven't offered an opinion...

    Secondly, the goalposts have not been moved.

    The Tory manifesto of holding a referendum should they have got into power, was present before the general election and the independence referendum.
  • Tof33z
    6967 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2017
    IffyMoney wrote: »
    Tof33z wrote: »
    IffyMoney wrote: »
    Serious point - Why would the E.U even want Scotland?

    Pretty sure when the Brexit referendum was in full swing Sturgeon sat and spoke with a few top E.U officials who said they would not be willing to accept Scotland into the E.U unless part of a United Kingdom.

    The argument above about Ireland isn't relevant for two reasons:

    1. The damage to the Irish economy has been far more severe than the UK over the past decade....largely due to the impact on the Euro.

    2. Ireland's economy, in comparison to the UK and other EU powerhouses, is tiny. You wouldn't put £500,000 into a 2% interest account (Bank a) instead of a 5% interest account (Bank b), just because the year before Bank a was only offering a 1% interest rate and therefore has a higher rate of growth.

    Final and most important point, regarding Scotland not having a Tory mp representing them....Your 'intelligent and wise' population decided to put into power the SNP due to their promise of a national referendum....the election was a complete landslide.....and then, you decided to vote against everything they represented and said no :D

    Seriously, if you know so little about something avoid debating it.

    Firstly, re Scotland joining the EU, of course the bloody EU would say that. They wanted to avoid brexit duh. This was during the campaign. Switch your fecking brain on.

    Ireland's economy is almost exactly the same as Scotland, with a smaller population. If you include oil, Scotland is about 10% higher. The difference the oil makes is modest,but it's all everyone talks about. The growth in the Irish economy over the past ten years massively outperforms the uk. Of course the crash was bad but absolutely nothing to do with the euro. No idea where you get that **** from. It originated in the US ffs.

    What actually is important that the Irish people can vote for the government they want and hold them accountable. But like the original referendum, everyone gets stuck on the same moronic **** you just trotted out. Cos you know, actually learning the accurate facts Is a bit of a bore

    woah fella....

    Firstly, of course the E.U wanted to avoid Brexit.....because they're well aware that the U.K leaving the E.U is huge, as they have will have zero control over what we do. The E.U really couldn't care less about having control in Scotland, as you have said yourself, all power lies in Westminister.

    Secondly, how on earth was the 'Eurozone' crisis, in which the U.k had to help bail out Greece, 'in the U.S'....Jesus man.

    Finally, I'm aware of the facts.....

    I'm guessing you're a Scot yourself, and it's quite ironic yourself using the term 'moronic' there.

    Your fellow countrymen voted the SNP in to obtain a referendum vote....you then decided to vote against your initial vote by remaining in the UK....and now you want another one.


    TL:DR

    You voted to obtain the right to vote....you then used this vote to vote against your initial vote....and now you want the same vote again.

    Jesus :D:D:D

    (Before you come back with the 'things have changed' argument, make sure you read the bold bit carefully).

    The so called euro zone crisis has had zero effect on Ireland. Once again, read the actual figures.

    Also you're extremely confused about the snp election and the independence referendum.

    Whether or not there was a referendum was decided by David Cameron not by Scotland voting for the snp. It was decided 3 years before the bloody election when Scotland voted in the snp. The no vote then actually took place in 2014 and the snp election was 2015. You're too **** stupid to actually do a basic fact check before you churn out this drivel
  • IffyMoney
    4027 posts National Call-Up
    Tof33z wrote: »
    IffyMoney wrote: »
    Tof33z wrote: »
    IffyMoney wrote: »
    Serious point - Why would the E.U even want Scotland?

    Pretty sure when the Brexit referendum was in full swing Sturgeon sat and spoke with a few top E.U officials who said they would not be willing to accept Scotland into the E.U unless part of a United Kingdom.

    The argument above about Ireland isn't relevant for two reasons:

    1. The damage to the Irish economy has been far more severe than the UK over the past decade....largely due to the impact on the Euro.

    2. Ireland's economy, in comparison to the UK and other EU powerhouses, is tiny. You wouldn't put £500,000 into a 2% interest account (Bank a) instead of a 5% interest account (Bank b), just because the year before Bank a was only offering a 1% interest rate and therefore has a higher rate of growth.

    Final and most important point, regarding Scotland not having a Tory mp representing them....Your 'intelligent and wise' population decided to put into power the SNP due to their promise of a national referendum....the election was a complete landslide.....and then, you decided to vote against everything they represented and said no :D

    Seriously, if you know so little about something avoid debating it.

    Firstly, re Scotland joining the EU, of course the bloody EU would say that. They wanted to avoid brexit duh. This was during the campaign. Switch your fecking brain on.

    Ireland's economy is almost exactly the same as Scotland, with a smaller population. If you include oil, Scotland is about 10% higher. The difference the oil makes is modest,but it's all everyone talks about. The growth in the Irish economy over the past ten years massively outperforms the uk. Of course the crash was bad but absolutely nothing to do with the euro. No idea where you get that **** from. It originated in the US ffs.

    What actually is important that the Irish people can vote for the government they want and hold them accountable. But like the original referendum, everyone gets stuck on the same moronic **** you just trotted out. Cos you know, actually learning the accurate facts Is a bit of a bore

    woah fella....

    Firstly, of course the E.U wanted to avoid Brexit.....because they're well aware that the U.K leaving the E.U is huge, as they have will have zero control over what we do. The E.U really couldn't care less about having control in Scotland, as you have said yourself, all power lies in Westminister.

    Secondly, how on earth was the 'Eurozone' crisis, in which the U.k had to help bail out Greece, 'in the U.S'....Jesus man.

    Finally, I'm aware of the facts.....

    I'm guessing you're a Scot yourself, and it's quite ironic yourself using the term 'moronic' there.

    Your fellow countrymen voted the SNP in to obtain a referendum vote....you then decided to vote against your initial vote by remaining in the UK....and now you want another one.


    TL:DR

    You voted to obtain the right to vote....you then used this vote to vote against your initial vote....and now you want the same vote again.

    Jesus :D:D:D

    (Before you come back with the 'things have changed' argument, make sure you read the bold bit carefully).

    The so called euro zone crisis has had zero effect on Ireland. Once again, read the actual figures.

    Also you're extremely confused about the snp election and the independence referendum.

    Whether or not there was a referendum was decided by David Cameron not by Scotland voting for the snp. It was decided 3 years before the bloody election when Scotland voted in the snp. The no vote was 2014 and the snp election was 2015. You're too **** stupid to actually do a basic fact check before you churn out this drivel

    Nope, you're wrong.

    The tory manifesto included a promise, should they be elected, that a referendum regarding Britain remaining in the EU, would be help.

    As for the Eurozone having zero effect on Ireland. How can a crash, which effected the Euro, not effect one of the countries which use it as their currency? Mental!
  • Jake
    14424 posts Has That Special Something
    Was the IndyRef before or after the Tories promised an EU referendum? Not trying to start anything just curious
  • IffyMoney
    4027 posts National Call-Up
    Jake wrote: »
    Was the IndyRef before or after the Tories promised an EU referendum? Not trying to start anything just curious

    The Tories were trying to get a EU referendum as far back as 2011.

    The legendary Mr Bone was responsible for this.
  • IffyMoney
    4027 posts National Call-Up
    Although i'm sure our Scottish friends in this thread have no idea about the above....

    Hence the misinformation they keep posting.
  • DoctorJoe19
    1028 posts Professional
    Tof33z wrote: »
    IffyMoney wrote: »
    Tof33z wrote: »
    IffyMoney wrote: »
    Serious point - Why would the E.U even want Scotland?

    Pretty sure when the Brexit referendum was in full swing Sturgeon sat and spoke with a few top E.U officials who said they would not be willing to accept Scotland into the E.U unless part of a United Kingdom.

    The argument above about Ireland isn't relevant for two reasons:

    1. The damage to the Irish economy has been far more severe than the UK over the past decade....largely due to the impact on the Euro.

    2. Ireland's economy, in comparison to the UK and other EU powerhouses, is tiny. You wouldn't put £500,000 into a 2% interest account (Bank a) instead of a 5% interest account (Bank b), just because the year before Bank a was only offering a 1% interest rate and therefore has a higher rate of growth.

    Final and most important point, regarding Scotland not having a Tory mp representing them....Your 'intelligent and wise' population decided to put into power the SNP due to their promise of a national referendum....the election was a complete landslide.....and then, you decided to vote against everything they represented and said no :D

    Seriously, if you know so little about something avoid debating it.

    Firstly, re Scotland joining the EU, of course the bloody EU would say that. They wanted to avoid brexit duh. This was during the campaign. Switch your fecking brain on.

    Ireland's economy is almost exactly the same as Scotland, with a smaller population. If you include oil, Scotland is about 10% higher. The difference the oil makes is modest,but it's all everyone talks about. The growth in the Irish economy over the past ten years massively outperforms the uk. Of course the crash was bad but absolutely nothing to do with the euro. No idea where you get that **** from. It originated in the US ffs.

    What actually is important that the Irish people can vote for the government they want and hold them accountable. But like the original referendum, everyone gets stuck on the same moronic **** you just trotted out. Cos you know, actually learning the accurate facts Is a bit of a bore

    woah fella....

    Firstly, of course the E.U wanted to avoid Brexit.....because they're well aware that the U.K leaving the E.U is huge, as they have will have zero control over what we do. The E.U really couldn't care less about having control in Scotland, as you have said yourself, all power lies in Westminister.

    Secondly, how on earth was the 'Eurozone' crisis, in which the U.k had to help bail out Greece, 'in the U.S'....Jesus man.

    Finally, I'm aware of the facts.....

    I'm guessing you're a Scot yourself, and it's quite ironic yourself using the term 'moronic' there.

    Your fellow countrymen voted the SNP in to obtain a referendum vote....you then decided to vote against your initial vote by remaining in the UK....and now you want another one.


    TL:DR

    You voted to obtain the right to vote....you then used this vote to vote against your initial vote....and now you want the same vote again.

    Jesus :D:D:D

    (Before you come back with the 'things have changed' argument, make sure you read the bold bit carefully).

    The so called euro zone crisis has had zero effect on Ireland. Once again, read the actual figures.

    Also you're extremely confused about the snp election and the independence referendum.

    Whether or not there was a referendum was decided by David Cameron not by Scotland voting for the snp. It was decided 3 years before the bloody election when Scotland voted in the snp. The no vote then actually took place in 2014 and the snp election was 2015. You're too **** stupid to actually do a basic fact check before you churn out this drivel

    You have your dates correct sir, but I can't help refer to " the Euro zone crisis has no effect on Ireland. Given how globalisation works and how inter linked all countries are the crisis would impact Ireland. The same way the financial crash in America affected almost every country in the world. Brexit massively decreased stocks across Europe and slightly in others like Japan, seemingly unrelated. These events are like stones thrown into a pond, it also produces ripples around the entire pond(world)
  • Jwalls5096
    1064 posts Professional
    edited March 2017
    The Scottish want gibmedats from the EU.. and they are butt hurt over brexit... maybe when Glasgow or Edinburgh starts to be taken over by foreigners like Manchester is they will feel different.. I hope Something happens and no NATO for Scotland.. the Scottish army??? Meh..
  • IffyMoney
    4027 posts National Call-Up
    Tof33z wrote: »
    IffyMoney wrote: »
    Tof33z wrote: »
    IffyMoney wrote: »
    Serious point - Why would the E.U even want Scotland?

    Pretty sure when the Brexit referendum was in full swing Sturgeon sat and spoke with a few top E.U officials who said they would not be willing to accept Scotland into the E.U unless part of a United Kingdom.

    The argument above about Ireland isn't relevant for two reasons:

    1. The damage to the Irish economy has been far more severe than the UK over the past decade....largely due to the impact on the Euro.

    2. Ireland's economy, in comparison to the UK and other EU powerhouses, is tiny. You wouldn't put £500,000 into a 2% interest account (Bank a) instead of a 5% interest account (Bank b), just because the year before Bank a was only offering a 1% interest rate and therefore has a higher rate of growth.

    Final and most important point, regarding Scotland not having a Tory mp representing them....Your 'intelligent and wise' population decided to put into power the SNP due to their promise of a national referendum....the election was a complete landslide.....and then, you decided to vote against everything they represented and said no :D

    Seriously, if you know so little about something avoid debating it.

    Firstly, re Scotland joining the EU, of course the bloody EU would say that. They wanted to avoid brexit duh. This was during the campaign. Switch your fecking brain on.

    Ireland's economy is almost exactly the same as Scotland, with a smaller population. If you include oil, Scotland is about 10% higher. The difference the oil makes is modest,but it's all everyone talks about. The growth in the Irish economy over the past ten years massively outperforms the uk. Of course the crash was bad but absolutely nothing to do with the euro. No idea where you get that **** from. It originated in the US ffs.

    What actually is important that the Irish people can vote for the government they want and hold them accountable. But like the original referendum, everyone gets stuck on the same moronic **** you just trotted out. Cos you know, actually learning the accurate facts Is a bit of a bore

    woah fella....

    Firstly, of course the E.U wanted to avoid Brexit.....because they're well aware that the U.K leaving the E.U is huge, as they have will have zero control over what we do. The E.U really couldn't care less about having control in Scotland, as you have said yourself, all power lies in Westminister.

    Secondly, how on earth was the 'Eurozone' crisis, in which the U.k had to help bail out Greece, 'in the U.S'....Jesus man.

    Finally, I'm aware of the facts.....

    I'm guessing you're a Scot yourself, and it's quite ironic yourself using the term 'moronic' there.

    Your fellow countrymen voted the SNP in to obtain a referendum vote....you then decided to vote against your initial vote by remaining in the UK....and now you want another one.


    TL:DR

    You voted to obtain the right to vote....you then used this vote to vote against your initial vote....and now you want the same vote again.

    Jesus :D:D:D

    (Before you come back with the 'things have changed' argument, make sure you read the bold bit carefully).

    The so called euro zone crisis has had zero effect on Ireland. Once again, read the actual figures.

    Also you're extremely confused about the snp election and the independence referendum.

    Whether or not there was a referendum was decided by David Cameron not by Scotland voting for the snp. It was decided 3 years before the bloody election when Scotland voted in the snp. The no vote then actually took place in 2014 and the snp election was 2015. You're too **** stupid to actually do a basic fact check before you churn out this drivel

    You have your dates correct sir, but I can't help refer to " the Euro zone crisis has no effect on Ireland. Given how globalisation works and how inter linked all countries are the crisis would impact Ireland. The same way the financial crash in America affected almost every country in the world. Brexit massively decreased stocks across Europe and slightly in others like Japan, seemingly unrelated. These events are like stones thrown into a pond, it also produces ripples around the entire pond(world)

    This is a complex point though, one he may not fathom.

    But I couldn't believe he honestly thought that a country using a currency, which has been depreciated as a result of the Eurozone crises, could not be 'impacted'.
  • keilly
    433 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited March 2017
    IffyMoney wrote: »
    What are your thoughts?

    Nicola Sturgeon wants another referendum, quite frankly because she didn't get the result she wanted in the first one.

    To be fair though, if she wants scottish independence, she should let us English vote in the next one :trollface:

    What do you care what scotland does ? All you have done on this thread is insult people for being scottish, and having different opinions from yours. You have even stooped to the trolling level of slagging of gramar. Go get a life...
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    4050 posts National Call-Up
    the snp would lose again and sturgeon would be out of a job

    let them vote

  • IffyMoney
    4027 posts National Call-Up
    keilly wrote: »
    IffyMoney wrote: »
    What are your thoughts?

    Nicola Sturgeon wants another referendum, quite frankly because she didn't get the result she wanted in the first one.

    To be fair though, if she wants scottish independence, she should let us English vote in the next one :trollface:

    What do you care what scotland does ? All you have done on this thread is insult people fo rbeing scottish, and having different opinions from yours. You have even stooped to the trolling level of slagging of gramar. Go get a life...

    You can't even be serious?
  • Hibee
    12244 posts Has That Special Something
    IffyMoney wrote: »
    IffyMoney wrote: »
    Also interested if @Tof33z wants Scotland to join the EU...should they leave the UK?

    @IffyMoney really didn't want to get involved in politics on this forum but your last post was a joke, the part you highlighted in bold in particular for me highlights the stupidity of your post.

    It shouldn't require much explanation but to put it simply, the goalposts have moved. If that doesn't entitle people for the opportunity of another vote then I don't know what does. If you can't accept that, maybe just be quiet and keep your stupid opinions to yourself?

    Firstly, i haven't offered an opinion...

    Secondly, the goalposts have not been moved.

    The Tory manifesto of holding a referendum should they have got into power, was present before the general election and the independence referendum.

    What I don't get is why the f*** do you even care? Just let us leave and figure it out ourselves. You are clearly anti Scottish, Iv no idea if you have the same attitude towards other countries or races.

    We are told we are a burden, we won't survive etc etc. Yet the government with its incredibly biased media fought like hell to keep Scotland. Why? Must be worth something to the rest of the UK if they are so keen to keep us.

    Personally I see two sides to the story. But either way I'm not going to be bigoted like yourself. Every country has its pr*cks. You just happen to be one from England.
  • Jwalls5096
    1064 posts Professional
    And I hate the way the lower class scottish talk... it's awful
  • IffyMoney
    4027 posts National Call-Up
    Hibee wrote: »
    IffyMoney wrote: »
    IffyMoney wrote: »
    Also interested if @Tof33z wants Scotland to join the EU...should they leave the UK?

    @IffyMoney really didn't want to get involved in politics on this forum but your last post was a joke, the part you highlighted in bold in particular for me highlights the stupidity of your post.

    It shouldn't require much explanation but to put it simply, the goalposts have moved. If that doesn't entitle people for the opportunity of another vote then I don't know what does. If you can't accept that, maybe just be quiet and keep your stupid opinions to yourself?

    Firstly, i haven't offered an opinion...

    Secondly, the goalposts have not been moved.

    The Tory manifesto of holding a referendum should they have got into power, was present before the general election and the independence referendum.

    What I don't get is why the f*** do you even care? Just let us leave and figure it out ourselves. You are clearly anti Scottish, Iv no idea if you have the same attitude towards other countries or races.

    We are told we are a burden, we won't survive etc etc. Yet the government with its incredibly biased media fought like hell to keep Scotland. Why? Must be worth something to the rest of the UK if they are so keen to keep us.

    Personally I see two sides to the story. But either way I'm not going to be bigoted like yourself. Every country has its pr*cks. You just happen to be one from England.

    I'm bigoted because i deal in facts?

    I don't want Scotland to leave. Because I know that we will have to pick up the pieces when it all goes horribly wrong, which it most likely will.

    It's ok for me to be anti-scottish, but it's fine for you to be anti-British?
  • keilly
    433 posts Sunday League Hero
    IffyMoney wrote: »
    keilly wrote: »
    IffyMoney wrote: »
    What are your thoughts?

    Nicola Sturgeon wants another referendum, quite frankly because she didn't get the result she wanted in the first one.

    To be fair though, if she wants scottish independence, she should let us English vote in the next one :trollface:

    What do you care what scotland does ? All you have done on this thread is insult people fo rbeing scottish, and having different opinions from yours. You have even stooped to the trolling level of slagging of gramar. Go get a life...

    You can't even be serious?

    That reply just says everything about you.
    Your one of those who would cause trouble in an empty room, and argue black was white..
Sign In or Register to comment.