Cup final

Derryboy
1696 posts Play-Off Hero
Reach the final often enough but never win. Any advice, really want to qualify forfirst time as I would actually have time to play for a change

Comments

• DeMolay145
    539 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Derryboy wrote: »
    Reach the final often enough but never win. Any advice, really want to qualify forfirst time as I would actually have time to play for a change

just keep calm. We usually play less better on decisions when we know whats at stake. Just keep calm and do your game. You'll eventually qualify.
  • LiamSully
    6045 posts Big Money Move
    Play finals at home

Take a break from semi to final

Even if you go a goal down, stay focused, play YOUR way and you'll get chances, you just have to be ready to take them

Look up some finishing tutorials on YouTube

If that all fails, message your opponent and ask him to let you win if you think he's already qualified (enough on here say they'd let someone win if they messaged them and asked) you never know...

Good luck
  • dbslbu
    1822 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yep. Taking a break is solid advice. I've never won a final myself but have started taking a break every 2 games and I've gone from div 6 to 3. No problem at all winning 4 in a row in seasons just always fluff my lines on the final. If I go 1-0 up my minds starts planning for the WL.
  • Psymon_v
    593 posts An Exciting Prospect
    LiamSully wrote: »
    Play finals at home

Even if you go a goal down, stay focused, play YOUR way and you'll get chances, you just have to be ready to take them

If that all fails, message your opponent and ask him to let you win if you think he's already qualified (enough on here say they'd let someone win if they messaged them and asked) you never know...

Good luck

Playing finals (or any FUT Champions games) at home makes absolutely no difference to anything. Ignore that superstitious tosh.
  • BigKram
    757 posts Semi-Pro
    LiamSully wrote: »
    Play finals at home

Good luck

Playing finals (or any FUT Champions games) at home makes absolutely no difference to anything. Ignore that superstitious tosh.

It does
  • WallOfTrump
    585 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sounds cheap, but slap some boosts on your players.
    Everyone has them sitting in there club a final is when use them especially if you've never won.

Also, indicates to your opponent you really need the win. So, save yourself the messaging.

All around cards are pretty ridiculous. But the regular ones can make a huge difference.
    Ie boosting defense or even passing on striker if you like to do 1-2s.

Will help close the gap on multi million dollar squads and give you an advantage on star limit tourneys like today.
  • mMounirm
    3771 posts National Call-Up
    just played the cup and won (after reaching the final 3 times yesterday). you just have to be focused. my players were **** (4 star rating) and I wasn't used to that. really didn't enjoy playing that qualifier.
  • Baznotsobad76
    5063 posts Big Money Move
    Everyone has them sitting in there club a final is when use them especially if you've never won.

Also, indicates to your opponent you really need the win. So, save yourself the messaging.

All around cards are pretty ridiculous. But the regular ones can make a huge difference.

Will help close the gap on multi million dollar squads and give you an advantage on star limit tourneys like today.

This is terrible advice.... It makes you look like a try hard and gives your opponent more incentive to beat you... Also attribute cards don't make any difference apart from the last 15 minutes of the game your players will still have a decent amount of stamina left....
  • Sodan70
    723 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Every time I put attribute cards on I lose :D Probably a combination of me thinking the players will be so much better and the opponent thinking I'm a try hard :D
  • WallOfTrump

This is terrible advice.... It makes you look like a try hard and gives your opponent more incentive to beat you... Also attribute cards don't make any difference apart from the last 15 minutes of the game your players will still have a decent amount of stamina left....

???I've literally put a silver all around on lloris and watched him turn into 98.
    I've also put a pass on 60 passing lukaku and seen a difference.
    They 100% work. Put them on don't think about. Try once in a final.

They are just the like chemistry types in that they can help make an incomplete player better. Or the all around just change the player.

I'm speaking from experience when I need a couple of wins in wL to get to next level or want to not lose a final.
  • WallOfTrump
    Also literally the only possible negative is your opponent might think you're a try hard/not let you win..?
    My guess is the number of dudes that consistently let people win in a final are a small percentage.
  • Wayno69
    784 posts Semi-Pro

This.
  • Wayno69
    784 posts Semi-Pro

lol what useless attribute cards did you use that only work in the last 15 mins of the game.

They work, and they work well, and who cares about being a try hard, when EVERYONE playing the game is trying hard to win.
  • DadBod
    6300 posts Big Money Move
    If you're losing in finals, message your opponent and beg for a win.. i already gave wins in the finals because some kids begged to let them win.. i already qualified so i don't care
  • MrP01
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    just stay calm. I had the biggest suggest in qualifys when i didnt care. just play your style, take your time, and score when u get the chance.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    I'm in the same situation most of the time. Can usually reach the final but lost count on how many losses I had. Finally managed to qualify last week and even that was after I gave up a penalty in the 90th minute to allow the other guy to equalize, and ended up winning in penalty shootout.

Trying to stay calm and take it easy is probably the best advice. I think that anything you do differently will make you think of this final as a must win and you'll just end up making the same mistakes all over again.
  • Thedudeabides
    2221 posts Fans' Favourite
    You've got hold and give, but do it at the right time.
    You can be slow or fast but you must get to the line.
    They'll always hit you and hurt you, defend and attack.
    There's only one way to beat them, get round the back.

John Barnes 1990
  • Derryboy
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    :D