How can i be so inconsistent?

hrv97
3400 posts National Call-Up
3 days ago i won div1 without loosing a game. SBC Suarez had 2 goals per game while playing absolut class players with elite Squads. Since yesterday i played maybe 10 single games and lost 9 of them, Suarez missed every sitter and i played underwhelming. I know that momentum/moral has a bit of an influence here, but i can't understand how i can be so inconsistent. What do you guys do to to prevent this problem?

Comments

• maXmood
    1983 posts Fans' Favourite
    it's not you, it's the game...

i've been in div1 for a while, just kept holding (never won it), and out of the blue i lost all game the next season. now i'm back to div2.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    edited March 2017
    It's not momentum or moral or any other excuse.

You're just playing better people because of your winning run.
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner
    DaveSaves wrote: »

So his Suarez missed simple sitters because he played against better people ?
  • Sercs
    18590 posts World Class
    Work cutbacks, regardless of how bad the players might be playing.. nobody can really miss a cutback
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    murazor wrote: »

So his Suarez missed simple sitters because he played against better people ?

Any player can miss any chance.

If you're winning 5-0 and Suarez misses a sitter you might laugh. But you don't care. He scores again 5 mins later.

If you're losing 1-0 and get one chance and he misses it, you're going to be more annoyed and you'll remember it.
  • hrv97
    3400 posts National Call-Up

No. I asked a few of them and the majority seemed to play div3/4.
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner
    I ve relegated in div2 after my first div1 title and almost relegated to div3. I was missing the easiest chances, hiting the post every match while my opponents scored from a rebound or an AI free penalty...after this I was probably on a 25 matches winning streak, winning div2 and div1 twice in a row. After, I was just holding in div1 with around 20 pcts for about 2-3 seasons. Then I won it twice in a row with 8-0-0 with my players finishing everything like they were on drugs :joy:. I wonder what will happen next. I ll probably face better players and my Ronaldo, Best and ADP will forgot how to score according to some :joy:
  • Tekkerz
    3345 posts National Call-Up

• Relentless2k
    282 posts Sunday League Hero
    I dont know what it is with this game, I couldn't ever even win Division 2, yesterday I won it and got promoted to division one and qualified for the WL for the first time ever. What I've found helps is playing maybe 3-5 games a day and switching tactics often. By this I mean try to constantly tweak it, if you find playing a 4-3-3 for example too tedious maybe you should start with two DM's to make up for your defensive deficiencies. Also, don't just try to get the midfielders to claw everything back for you it doesn't and will not work. Try to harrass them with your fullbacks if you have a winger back as well.

What I've found helps a lot is getting wingers with really high work rates and pace to cover the sides especially if your opponent is trying to force his way down there. Honestly, there is a lot of bollocks to the game, but a major reason why people lose is because they don't know how to use player instructions or custom tactics properly. The game is majorly flawed we know this, momentum does exist but if you mess around with your settings and tactics enough you'll be less stressed and will be able to get more goalscoring chances.
  • yogi
    266 posts Sunday League Hero
    I dont know what it is with this game, I couldn't ever even win Division 2, yesterday I won it and got promoted to division one and qualified for the WL for the first time ever. What I've found helps is playing maybe 3-5 games a day and switching tactics often. By this I mean try to constantly tweak it, if you find playing a 4-3-3 for example too tedious maybe you should start with two DM's to make up for your defensive deficiencies. Also, don't just try to get the midfielders to claw everything back for you it doesn't and will not work. Try to harrass them with your fullbacks if you have a winger back as well.

What I've found helps a lot is getting wingers with really high work rates and pace to cover the sides especially if your opponent is trying to force his way down there. Honestly, there is a lot of bollocks to the game, but a major reason why people lose is because they don't know how to use player instructions or custom tactics properly. The game is majorly flawed we know this, momentum does exist but if you mess around with your settings and tactics enough you'll be less stressed and will be able to get more goalscoring chances.

Yeeeeaaah ok. Just like most of the best people in Division 1, I never touch my fullbacks until I see someone who is skilled enough to run past him over and over again. I claw everything back with my midfielders, 90% of the time. Ive changed formations 2 times this entire FIFA. Messing around with settings every couple of games will only make the formation you know, feel different over and over again. I would not recommend this.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    My inconsistency is on a day to day basis, Monday night i couldn't buy a win, last night I only lost 1 game.

@hoban95 killed the streak :joy:
  • hoban95
    48504 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Suplex city, b*tch!