Positioning at corners is horrendous.

Monkey
8345 posts League Winner
Both attacking and defending.

Why, when I have a corner, is one CB on the halfway line, with the other on the edge of the box, with my small wingers in the box?

And also, when defending, how can their 5 foot nothing player somehow get to a header unmarked?

Comments

• Jfo88
    22619 posts Club Captain
    Even if you do manage to "clear" it the ball goes straight to an attacker at the edge of the box corners are beyond broken
  • SaifR
    12842 posts Has That Special Something
    I hate how Fellaini will be outside the box, my best header of the ball?

Also, if you head the ball clear when defending, none of your players will be outside your box to receive it, so you essentially give your opponent a clear longshot opportunity.
  • Monkey
    8345 posts League Winner
    Most things involving position of players are broken actually. Fullbacks always tucking in, midfielders bombing forward for no reason and just not tracking back.
  • Delbert Grady
    78 posts Park Captain
    It's atrocious. These are the kind of things we all should be talking about.

I've got xavi marking Diego Costa, and Pique standing outside the box waving at his friend in the stand.
  • Jfo88
    22619 posts Club Captain
    Monkey wrote: »
    Most things involving position of players are broken actually. Fullbacks always tucking in, midfielders bombing forward for no reason and just not tracking back.

It's because players have no awareness of where the ball is the defense will clear the ball and it will be flying towards midfield and all three of my midfielders then Decide to crash into the box makes absolutely zero sense
  • Karlos
    24301 posts Club Captain
    Yeah I rarely score from corners, only time I really score them is when so come short and run in to box.
  • RycoGFX
    752 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I hate getting corners. I reckon I concede more from my own corners than I score because the clearances always miraculously land at Mr 90pace striker's feet
  • DUKESTER-x
    2839 posts National Call-Up

Why, when I have a corner, is one CB on the halfway line, with the other on the edge of the box, with my small wingers in the box?

And also, when defending, how can their 5 foot nothing player somehow get to a header unmarked?

You're a mod you should just be passing these small details on to Rob, I'm sure he'll take note and pass it on to the FIFA DEVS department not expecting a fix till fifa16.
  • Nate
    2152 posts Fans' Favourite
    I hate when my M/H CDMs with "Stay back while attacking" instructions, bomb up the pitch like they are H/L.

Beyond annoying.
  • Monkey
    8345 posts League Winner
    DUKESTER-x wrote: »

You're a mod you should just be passing these small details on to Rob, I'm sure he'll take note and pass it on to the FIFA DEVS department not expecting a fix till fifa16.

I'm allowed to make threads discussing the game and issues I find with it just like any other forum user.
  • A Gamer
    4136 posts National Call-Up
    Totally agree. My tall CB's are always out of position for defending corners and surprisingly, the ones who score are either short players/don't have physical abilities or if I clear the ball it goes right to their attacker outside the box who blasts it inside the net.

It's also becoming irritating for me that The likes of Gervinho score headers against my tall CB's whether from corners or crosses.
  • Clint Eastwood
    3252 posts National Call-Up
    I always get about 7 back to back corner attempts put on me.
  • evilduck
    101 posts
    edited May 2015
    This is such a frustrating problem. And it doesn't even seem to improve with high rated cards with high marking. My Kompany seems to think its acceptable to defend from outside the box
  • benjisince93
    1237 posts Professional
    It's atrocious. These are the kind of things we all should be talking about.

I've got xavi marking Diego Costa, and Pique standing outside the box waving at his friend in the stand.

pique5.jpg
  • benjisince93
    1237 posts Professional
    edited May 2015
    But serious this is one of the most frustrating things this year - luckily headers are generally really underpowered.

One of the most annoying things about it is that the game clearly things Ronaldinho is Vidic in disguise, and puts him on the opponents best header of the ball.

I'm guessing it is because he is relatively tall, anyway he has absolutely no chance, I'm not sure he has ever won a header for me when marked.
  • theprettyreckless
    57 posts Park Captain
    kongolo 92 jumping, taller than the world trade center, power header.

hes defending on my corners.
  • Gladiaattori1500
    539 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yeah, I always have to manually move Terry and Kompany from the edge of the box to defend the corner...that is until they just walk straight back if I stop controlling them.

But the thing that annoys me the most in this years game is not this one, but it's also regarding player positioning. It's the fact that my defensive midfielders with high defensive workrates and "stay back" instructions are bomming forward like no tomorrow for no apparent reason. I can't tell you how many times I see Matic(my only designated DEFENSIVE midfielder whose only task is to stay back) is my furthest man forward.
  • hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class
    kongolo 92 jumping, taller than the world trade center, power header.

hes defending on my corners.
    Too bad he's on the edge of the box whilst defending and on the halfway line whilst attacking

• hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class
    Raised this issue on the old forums @Monkey
    http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/3003400.page
  • Well, it's the same reason as you are not allowed to talk about here. Scripting. But it surely doesn't exist so you are just not mind controlling your players enough. Keep at it and you might succed.
  • theduckisstillperfect21
    5877 posts Big Money Move
    Why does the gk go up for corners if he doesn't even jump for the ball.
  • Mr. Knäckebröd
    287 posts Sunday League Hero
    They made it worse for 15 and they will fix it for 16. Then everyone will say ''Oh nice, at least they fixed the positioning at corners''. #newfeatures