Advice for Gfinity cups.

IffyMoney
4027 posts National Call-Up
Finally decided to register for Gfinity as i want to improve my game with the hope of becoming a pro for my local football club on fifa 18.

I've played a number of pro's and Gfin players this year in FutChamps , Rockyy, Kezbrown, Stapez....and have either won or lost by a single goal every game.

Any advice for Gfin....or is it just a case of just 'try-hard' as much as possible?

Obviously I can't just treat it like a normal division one of fut champs match.

I suppose the biggest tip is to just 'play your own game' right?

Comments

• Pikachu
    8684 posts League Winner
    Legit surprised your asking 'us' for advice.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31913 posts National Team Captain
    Pikachu wrote: »

This 100%
  • IffyMoney

Why?

I've never played one, so it would be common sense to assume that those who have, have way more experience with Gfin cups than I do.
  • KingLionel10
    15026 posts World Class
    Asking muggles for advice, tut tut.
  • IffyMoney
    Bennn99 wrote: »
    Just play how you normally would, they're not as hard as you'd think as you tend to get a few easy games

Yeah i was thinking that as long as i don't get a crazy hard draw straight away, some of the opponents are unlikely to have got to the standards as yourself or me in fut champs, for example.

• IffyMoney
    @Pikachu @KingLionel10 @XxRichiexRichxX

Any of you 3 played one?
  • KingLionel10
    15026 posts World Class
    IffyMoney wrote: »

Any of you 3 played one?

Mate, I'm probs the **** player on here man :joy:
  • Pikachu
    8684 posts League Winner

Why?

I've never played one, so it would be common sense to assume that those who have, have way more experience with Gfin cups than I do.

Well, it's pretty simple to me. You're still just playing FIFA, just albeit against higher level players. Play whatever way you're comfortable with, I don't see the point in changing up your style unless it's needed to in-game if you're getting dominated.
  • Pikachu
    8684 posts League Winner

Any of you 3 played one?

Nah. I don't think I'm good enough. Did win @Pugzilla tournament stream once and beat some 40-0 guy on penalties. Doubt I'm consistent enough to actually beat the Pros though.
  • Orison
    48734 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Unless you get really unlucky the first 2-3 rounds should be relatively easy. There are some proper scrubs playing it. I think Gorilla won even his 2nd round game last time (Monday I think it was) something like 7:0.
  • Agent Murhawk
    8265 posts League Winner
    Surprised you even know how to sign up for gfinity since you weren't able to take a screenshot of your 31-9.
  • IDARYL
    5648 posts Big Money Move
    i think most pros struggle with unpredictability, like you might see gorilla struggle to beat a mere mortal on stream because he simply just runs in a straight line and he doesnt expect that. but i think that so many people play them now you dont meet the top players till about round 5 now..i seen 450+ people entered the last on i seen
  • IffyMoney
    IDARYL wrote: »
    i think most pros struggle with unpredictability, like you might see gorilla struggle to beat a mere mortal on stream because he simply just runs in a straight line and he doesnt expect that. but i think that so many people play them now you dont meet the top players till about round 5 now..i seen 450+ people entered the last on i seen

I'm not a pro, but consider myself to be just in the level just below, and that comment is 100% accurate.

Give me a guy playing 41212 2 every day of the week over 4411, 4141 etc.

'Over-predicting' is a term i use to describe what you're talking about, like you're expecting your opponent to make the perfect play, but instead they make a very average one, which you don't expect.
  • IffyMoney
    Surprised you even know how to sign up for gfinity since you weren't able to take a screenshot of your 31-9.

10/10 contribution...would deffo ask for your help again.
  • DobbyDooDah
    5698 posts Big Money Move
    People in Gfin have a much more relaxed and possession based play style in my experience. Play your own game though.
  • IffyMoney
    People in Gfin have a much more relaxed and possession based play style in my experience. Play your own game though.

That's what i'm trying to adapt to now.....that's why i want to test it during Gfinity.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31913 posts National Team Captain

Any of you 3 played one?

I've never had a chance too as they start before I get home from work. I'd love too if I can catch one on a holiday or something. I've played against and beaten guys that compete and have won some. I'm not the best player out there though.

He'll get to it later this week bro.
  • CanT SLaY JaY
    1947 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yep my advice is to 'gid good' :D ........... sorry you'd whoop my **** in a game but I couldn't resist saying it ;)