Does anyone here actually play football?

Dalebert
573 posts An Exciting Prospect
And if so, do you think it helps you playing Fifa?

I play CB at amateur league level and would generally be decent defensively in Fifa, keeping quite a few clean sheets.

Obviously it doesn't make huge difference as I'd hazard a guess and say a lot of the elite players have never kicked a football but I think it helps me slightly, mostly with defensive positioning and organisation...

Comments

• lucas
    4926 posts Big Money Move
    i play RB since a few years, before that i used to be on the wings. used to be a lazy player and footballer never doing anything at train and making use of the 'talent' i had. TBF i now wish that i just trained a bit more and looked more into my eating schedule could have been in the first team of my local club(avarage tier), now i am so called 'bierteam' (lowest tier) playing back and sometimes on the 6 position. at the moment i am trying to gain some fitness and have changed the way of thinking about trainings and that kind of stuff since i can't rely on my talent anymore and have to work hard for anything.

for some reason i am **** at defending even while i know what to do and how i need to position myself, for some reason i just can't do it. find myself pretty decent in attack.
  • Colin32
    1320 posts Professional
    Nope I don't play football anymore since I was 12 years. I'm 25 now, follow and support a lot of football but don't play it by myself anymore.
    I'm a div1 player so don't really think you need to play football to be good at fifa. Ofc you need to like the sport, otherwise you probably won't play fifa..
  • Nobber93
    1354 posts Play-Off Hero
    Use to play upfront loved bagging goals. In my head I shoot on this FIFA how I would in real life but then it hit me that there is no point. No one has a tactical understanding otherwise musa vardy etc wouldn't be any good.
  • Choepiechakie
    31034 posts National Team Captain
    edited March 2017
    Quit 2 years ago. Played one season on the sunday, and I hated it. Every sunday 10.30 on the pitch.. I couldnt bring myself to it. Played CAM/CDM.

Yeah I think everyone who plays/played football benefit from it. vision wise, tactics, knowledge.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14331 posts Has That Special Something
    I play 5 a side power league! :#
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    2612 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yeah, the skills can be transferred over too!
    I'm **** at football AND fifa.
  • pekkaa88
    6024 posts Big Money Move
    played abbroad till I was 15.. Then quit.. Now just for fun in parks and beach..
  • Adrian095
    33662 posts National Team Captain
    Used to play. LM/RM. Faded after I left High school though :(
  • chosenone
    2324 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 2017
    I play regularly but like fifa get injured every game :disappointed:

I've stuck to 5 a side and 7 a side now as the pitches are much better to play on than the bumpy muddy swampy pitches in a lot of 11 a side leagues

I'm a winger and it doesn't really help my fifa but helps my 5 a side football in terms of movement. There's no ball leaving or bouncing into each other and piling on top of each other in our games though.
  • Yetko
    503 posts Sunday League Hero
    İ ısed to play as a cm now im 40 still playing with friends twice a week
    Fifa 17 has nothing to do with real football
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    I think some will have a clue if they played but not all.
    Ive managed and some players never got it.Brain dead

This game is more about reactions and quick thinking.
    The reactions is not always on your control as your internet service provider plays the largest part in that.
  • Futking33
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I start playing on my 5th and still playing now as a 34 year old.
  • Jaedric_Kaine
    1756 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 2017
    I played GK in High School and College but that was 20 years ago. I've just recently started playing 7 a side indoor as a CB and we won our league's championship two weeks ago. New season starts Saturday, title defense time B) I'll be 39 in May if that means anything to anyone.

It doesn't really help with my FIFA play though...as FIFA is an arcadey, practically infinite stamina, sweatfest where you have no idea what versions of your players are going to turn up to the pitch from one match to the next.