anyone have an Xbox live Gold trial code , need one more for Santiago

MisterJV
10774 posts Has That Special Something
edited March 2017
Hello lads, I am headed to the post to mail out my old xbox one to my nephew for getting good grades and decent behavior. The guy was using my old 360 till it fried during Xmas and he hasn't been on any consoles since.

Anyone willing to share trial code with me to put in the box ? Microsoft used to give codes for a free month.. But I been unsuccessful on their website.

In return .. I will give e -hugs

Thanks in advance

-JV

Comments

• Danic123
    4779 posts National Call-Up
    I'll check, give me a few minutes
  • MisterJV
    @Danic123 thanks bud. They used give free subs back in the day . One month subs.. I used to do it daily via Microsoft chat support.
  • DobbyDooDah
    5710 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2017
    I've got a 14 day one if that's what you're after, it's a free trial one, will it work on an existing GT?

Pretty sure get a free month if you setup a new gamertag.
  • Danic123
    MisterJV wrote: »
    @Danic123 thanks bud. They used give free subs back in the day . One month subs.. I used to do it daily via Microsoft chat support.

Right, I've found one lying around. I imagine I haven't used it as I'd have thought I'd have thrown it away, but I can't guarantee sadly! i thought it might be a scratch card type, but it's not.

I'll pm you the code
  • Danic123
    One I sent was a 14 day one, best to take up @DobbyDooDah on his offer also. Then, if mine works also, he has 28 days :smile:
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    I could use one. Didn't wanna make a thread as it isn't allowed
  • MisterJV
    @Santiago go away ,

@Danic123 @DobbyDooDah thanks lads, e hugs
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    @Santiago go away ,

@Danic123 @DobbyDooDah thanks lads, e hugs

What? I'm not allowed to ask one?
  • MisterJV
    @Santiago im kidding matey
  • MisterJV
    anyone have one for @Santiago
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    @Santiago im kidding matey

I was not sure if sarcastic or not :D
  • MaddMike3711
    12945 posts Has That Special Something
    They changed it so if you have a GT and your Gold expires, you can't use it for that account, just as a heads up.
    It will come up with an error message that says, "you already have Gold, share this code with a friend" or something along those lines. Not sure why they changed it, because it always used to work. :/
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    They changed it so if you have a GT and your Gold expires, you can't use it for that account, just as a heads up.
    It will come up with an error message that says, "you already have Gold, share this code with a friend" or something along those lines. Not sure why they changed it, because it always used to work. :/

Still works sometimes
  • Danic123

That's not very good! Suppose could start a new account or something, but that's pretty annoying!
  • MisterJV
    Im going to boot up the xbox one thats been sitting here since around Black friday. WIll load up a new account and use the code. Will transfer over my digital titles for him to use.
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    So anyone have one? :grimace:
  • Jake
    14424 posts Has That Special Something
    I think the trial works even with a previous gold account if you do it on Xbox.com but I'm not sure
  • Trobos_Locos
    1501 posts Play-Off Hero
    Trial would work with any account as long as you are not stacking subscriptions. If the XBL account already has a Gold subscription it will not work. XBL Gold Trial codes were designed for silver accounts.. Besides that they are not region free.

Do you still need a Trial? What's your region?
  • Andy99TradeZ
    17528 posts World Class
    £1 for your first month of live with a new account usually
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    edited March 2017
    Trial would work with any account as long as you are not stacking subscriptions. If the XBL account already has a Gold subscription it will not work. XBL Gold Trial codes were designed for silver accounts.. Besides that they are not region free.

Do you still need a Trial? What's your region?

Yeah I would still love one. I'll just change my region to the the code's region. Has never been a problem. Would appreciate it man

@Trobos_Locos
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    £1 for your first month of live with a new account usually

Can I cancel that after I got the 1 month?
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    Why not game share with your nephew? Means he could piggyback on your gold sub.
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    Not needed anymore @OoSUPERDANoO can close this.

Bought a 14 day one. Oh and for those wondering, it works fine on my my main account that had gold loads of times before
This discussion has been closed.