Marquee Matchups Ultimate Weekly Forum's List - Latest list in 1st post

chosenone
2324 posts Fans' Favourite
edited July 2017
MM SUGGESTIONS

Doing these half-heartedly now!

I will update this list on Tuesday/Wednesday morning. I will update the first post rather than post in the thread so that it is easier to find. Bookmark it!

25/07/2017
I am done with the game and have been for some time. I have now got to the point where I haven't turned my PS4 on for 3 weeks and uninstalled the companion app last night as im out of space. I will leave it to you guys to make MM suggestions in the comments amongst yourselves and if I buy it, see you in Fifa18 (Bought every fifa since 96 but think I've had enough, haven't had a proper game for a long time...). Hope you all have found this thread useful

*This is a collection of all suggestions on the forums and other threads, websites and some of my own. Take what you want, its to help you decide which to choose
*Do not rely on this list as EA can pick random games but we have a good recent record with 3-4 in most weeks
*Keep checking this list as I update it as I find more

Suggestions, tips, improvements, corrections welcome

Special thanks to @Elpistolero91 @smash_up @YouWantUsFC @TheGISALEGENDYT @RoughPanther @AreGrande @CybGuard @RemyS for the majority of these and @CuteIsWhatIAim4 for valuable contributions as well as those contributing in the post.
Post edited by chosenone on

Comments

• AlnapaDiggler
    443 posts Sunday League Hero
    Good work!
  • TheonlywayisS6
    3941 posts National Call-Up
    Reading v Wednesday isn't until a week on Friday, part of next weekend's fixtures - doubt it'd be picked anyway.
  • YouWantUsFC
    2752 posts Fans' Favourite
    No problem mate. Now that these up on the forum, no doubt they wont get featured ;) haha
  • chosenone
    edited March 2017
    No problem mate. Now that these up on the forum, no doubt they wont get featured ;) haha
    True lol. But we had 4 last week.

Reading v Wednesday isn't until a week on Friday, part of next weekend's fixtures - doubt it'd be picked anyway.

Good spot, I didn't get enough sleep last night lol. You can never say never with MMs. They picked LFC VS Arsenal last week and that's a top 4 rivalry although its more significant than this one, I would always include anything possible.
  • TheonlywayisS6
    3941 posts National Call-Up
    chosenone wrote: »

Good spot, I didn't get enough sleep last night lol. You can never say never with MMs. They picked LFC VS Arsenal last week and that's a top 4 rivalry although its more significant than this one, I would always include anything possible.

True - I used to make loads of coins by predicting the most obvious picks, but ever since they went for Wales v Serbia over England v Scotland they've taken to making totally random selections!
  • chosenone

True - I used to make loads of coins by predicting the most obvious picks, but ever since they went for Wales v Serbia over England v Scotland they've taken to making totally random selections!

Yeah its hard to make coins now. We had all 4 covered last week but still there was little profits.

Occasionally you do get lucky so its a good idea to cover yourself just in case. I made 12k with 4 Ajax-Copenhagen players midweek so always a good idea to be prepared especially if you want the packs for as cheap as possible instead of trade profits
  • Just found Luton vs Stevenage. Its a local derby apparently plus 5th and 6th in the table. I know they don't seem to be using the lower leagues but thought it's worth mentioning.

• malcher
    230 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Yeah its hard to make coins now. We had all 4 covered last week but still there was little profits.

Occasionally you do get lucky so its a good idea to cover yourself just in case. I made 12k with 4 Ajax-Copenhagen players midweek so always a good idea to be prepared especially if you want the packs for as cheap as possible instead of trade profits

Plus, if you invest and a match wasn't picked, there is a chance you can use them later. I invested few weeks back when a few Danish high profile games were a possibility. None were chosen, but I kept 20 Copenhagen players in my club and made tidy profit now.
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    Nice, subbed.
  • Jwalls5096
    1064 posts Professional
    MM Suggestions

I usually post a list in multiple threads but get too many "which page is the list on?" on them spamming the threads so decided to make a separate one where I update the first post to make it easier for all. Bookmark it for future weeks! I usually post on Wednesday mornings

MOST LIKELY RELEASED THURSDAY DUE TO POTM

*This is a collection of all suggestions on the forums and other threads, websites and some of my own.
    *Do not rely on this list as EA can pick random games but we have a good recent record with all 4 last week and 3 the previous week.

Legia Warsaw - Wisla Krakow - Missed a few from this recently so a good shout
    Randers - Aarhus (Derby) Doubt this one due to the league used midweek
    Sion - Basel I think we are due a Swiss league game
    Strasbourg - Stade Brestois Ligue 2
    Veracruz - Puebla Rivalry and this league has been ignored recently

Monaco - Bordeaux
    Hertha - Dortmund

Osasuna - Eibar
    Rostov - Grozny

Hull - Swansea (bottom of table clash)

Reading - Sheff Wed - Outside bet for 2 teams in the playoff zone playing midweek but hold onto championship players over the next few weeks! Next week

Ind. Medellin - Pasto (Colombian game)
    youwantusFC also reckons colo colo could be featured soon as well as the teams high up in the Argentinian league - Hang on to the players!

FA Cup:
    Middlesbrough - Manchester City
    Tottenham - Millwall. If they do a cup game, it would probably be this - clear out of Spurs and Milwall before a Kane POTM? Milwall already rising
    Chelsea - Manchester United Manutd are likely to be featured midweek as Russian clubs havent been used for a while and there aren't many to choose from. Big game and apparently hasn't featured yet so its a good bet, also a reason to remove high rated players from people's club before POTM

Gent - Kv Mechelen @zgble Gent could feature midweek but this is a big game!
    - Something to do with playoffs:
    Club Brugge - Sint-Truidense
    Anderlecht - Waasland-Beveren

Juventus - AC Milan (Used before)
    Genoa - Sampdoria (Used before) wouldn't rule out serie A games to clear some league SBC storage and drive up prices to avoid people doing them during a good TOTW
    RealSociedad - A.Bilbao (Used before) "Grab a few spaniards due to Basque" @TheGISALEGENDYT
    Celtic- Rangers (Used before)

If I've missed any, let me know below!

Special thanks to @Elpistolero91 @smash_up @YouWantUsFC @TheGISALEGENDYT for the majority of these

EIDT:
    Luton - Stevenage

You guys really think it's going to be up on Thursday because the current one isn't done until Friday I just don't want to be caught with my pants down
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    Pretty sure it'll be on Friday.
  • chosenone
    edited March 2017
    Jwalls5096 wrote: »
    MM Suggestions

I usually post a list in multiple threads but get too many "which page is the list on?" on them spamming the threads so decided to make a separate one where I update the first post to make it easier for all. Bookmark it for future weeks! I usually post on Wednesday mornings

MOST LIKELY RELEASED THURSDAY DUE TO POTM

*This is a collection of all suggestions on the forums and other threads, websites and some of my own.
    *Do not rely on this list as EA can pick random games but we have a good recent record with all 4 last week and 3 the previous week.

Legia Warsaw - Wisla Krakow - Missed a few from this recently so a good shout
    Randers - Aarhus (Derby) Doubt this one due to the league used midweek
    Sion - Basel I think we are due a Swiss league game
    Strasbourg - Stade Brestois Ligue 2
    Veracruz - Puebla Rivalry and this league has been ignored recently

Monaco - Bordeaux
    Hertha - Dortmund

Osasuna - Eibar
    Rostov - Grozny

Hull - Swansea (bottom of table clash)

Reading - Sheff Wed - Outside bet for 2 teams in the playoff zone playing midweek but hold onto championship players over the next few weeks! Next week

Ind. Medellin - Pasto (Colombian game)
    youwantusFC also reckons colo colo could be featured soon as well as the teams high up in the Argentinian league - Hang on to the players!

FA Cup:
    Middlesbrough - Manchester City
    Tottenham - Millwall. If they do a cup game, it would probably be this - clear out of Spurs and Milwall before a Kane POTM? Milwall already rising
    Chelsea - Manchester United Manutd are likely to be featured midweek as Russian clubs havent been used for a while and there aren't many to choose from. Big game and apparently hasn't featured yet so its a good bet, also a reason to remove high rated players from people's club before POTM

Gent - Kv Mechelen @zgble Gent could feature midweek but this is a big game!
    - Something to do with playoffs:
    Club Brugge - Sint-Truidense
    Anderlecht - Waasland-Beveren

Juventus - AC Milan (Used before)
    Genoa - Sampdoria (Used before) wouldn't rule out serie A games to clear some league SBC storage and drive up prices to avoid people doing them during a good TOTW
    RealSociedad - A.Bilbao (Used before) "Grab a few spaniards due to Basque" @TheGISALEGENDYT
    Celtic- Rangers (Used before)

If I've missed any, let me know below!

Special thanks to @Elpistolero91 @smash_up @YouWantUsFC @TheGISALEGENDYT for the majority of these

EIDT:
    Luton - Stevenage

You guys really think it's going to be up on Thursday because the current one isn't done until Friday I just don't want to be caught with my pants down

Thursday/Friday it doesn't really matter I don't see how you can be caught out by it tbh. if the current one doesn't end until Friday then it will defo be Friday. POTM weeks are usually Thursday though, maybe after the crash last month they want to avoid that
  • YouWantUsFC
    Just to be clear - Colo Colo are top of the Chilean League, so are likely to be in a Match Up against another top 4 side soon.
    Argentina? First game between 2 from top 4 will get featured I think.
  • KingEric66
    783 posts Semi-Pro
    Has there ever been a Marquee match up repeated?
  • RayG
    1383 posts Professional
    Not that hard to get the 4 games right when you list 20 games...
  • KingEric66
    783 posts Semi-Pro
    RayG wrote: »

This thread is great, because it tells you who to have cover for. Buying 2x players from 20 games at discard price, can potentially save you way more than you spend when prices shoot up.

Remember Rugani and Storari during that SBC that required an Italian from Juve? Sure would have been nice to have them covered that week!
  • chosenone
    edited March 2017

Firstly, yes it is hard as there are random games sometimes

Secondly, this thread isnt for any betting purposes, I am not gambling or trying to predict the 4 that will be released, that is close to impossible to do each week and is not about look how good I am at guessing games, its about let me help you out and is an entire forum contribution, if you want to post a thread guessing all 4 games each week you are welcome and good luck :)
    KingEric66 wrote: »

This thread is great, because it tells you who to have cover for. Buying 2x players from 20 games at discard price, can potentially save you way more than you spend when prices shoot up.

Remember Rugani and Storari during that SBC that required an Italian from Juve? Sure would have been nice to have them covered that week!

glad you find it useful
  • Jwalls5096
    1064 posts Professional

Always someone to make a negative comment
  • Dexdan
    664 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I like this thread. Lots of people look forward to MM. I look at the list and invest in the 4 or 5 that I think are most likely. I have nearly 1000 players in my club and more often than not can do a MM with players in my club or players I have picked up for discard just a couple of days before MM with info from this thread.
  • chosenone

Not to my knowledge but according to @TheGISALEGENDYT Arsenal vs Liverpool was a repeat last week although some people have said that it has never featured before. Not sure, it needs checking but if there hasn't, EA can change it anytime
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner

Not to my knowledge but according to @TheGISALEGENDYT Arsenal vs Liverpool was a repeat last week although some people have said that it has never featured before. Not sure, it needs checking but if there hasn't, EA can change it anytime

No, he made a mistake, wasn't repeated. :wink: I know all the MM that have happened so far.
  • YouWantUsFC

Point?
    Oh my word mate, honestly, guy tries to be helpful so as many people as possible get packs and make a few coins and you pipe up with that?
    It is very hard to predict the exact 4 games EA release, because they are dropping random games every week.
  • chosenone

No, he made a mistake, wasn't repeated. :wink: I know all the MM that have happened so far.

thanks for clearing, do you have a list somewhere that you can PM over? It would help marking them on the lists each week.

If its all from memory then well done! I've forgotten last week's!!!
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    Will pm it to you in the next minutes.
  • St Johnstone vs Dundee fc (Tayside Derby). This Saturday.

Unlikely but who knows, just make sure you're covered.
  • RayG
    1383 posts Professional
    edited March 2017

Secondly, this thread isnt for any betting purposes, I am not gambling or trying to predict the 4 that will be released, that is close to impossible to do each week and is not about look how good I am at guessing games, its about let me help you out and is an entire forum contribution, if you want to post a thread guessing all 4 games each week you are welcome and good luck :)

glad you find it useful

Sorry if I my previous post sounds too negative, it wasn't my point. I rate your work and I find it useful :smile:

I was just saying that bragging about finding the 4 games that were picked when you list 20 games isn't that much of a performance.

But yeah, your post is useful and I appreciate the work, like a lot of people here

Edit : for the record, there is a specific post already for SBCs on which I was part of the people trying to guess the 4 MM each week. I just got tired of it, especially since it's hard to make any money from it anymore
  • chosenone

glad you find it useful

Sorry if I my previous post sounds too negative, it wasn't my point. I rate your work and I find it useful :smile:

I was just saying that bragging about finding the 4 games that were picked when you list 20 games isn't that much of a performance.

But yeah, your post is useful and I appreciate the work, like a lot of people here

Edit : for the record, there is a specific post already for SBCs on which I was part of the people trying to guess the 4 MM each week. I just got tired of it, especially since it's hard to make any money from it anymore

Theres no bragging and its not for me to brag, its all the people who have contributed together and I only mentioned how many we have had correct to let people know that we are doing well and usually have the games covered (but not all, always).

As for performance well the point is to have every possible fixture we can think of listed and then people can make their own decisions whether to cover all of them or specific ones from the list so getting all 4 in a week is actually a good performance as we had every game covered and that is our purpose - not getting 4 from 4 because that is suicidal.

You are right, there is no point trying to guess all 4 as its impossible hence why I started this thread - Each week we all suggest a few on different threads and I put them together and tried to cover ourselves to avoid paying inflated prices for packs and anyone who wants to make profit on any likely bets can do that, But the problem was that we'd have multiple comments pages later across different threads and then people would start new posts and it all got silly. So I've decided to start post them all here into the first post to make it easier for all and also tidy the forums up a bit.

Glad you find it useful and its not all me, there are others contributing helping us to put something together
  • PompeyPM
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I find these guides very helpful. I try and cover all the matches. The ones I don't use come in useful for other SBC.

My ten pence worth....keep up the good work.
  • Thomo_toffee
    279 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fleetwood v Bolton also possible. 2nd v 4th. North West.
  • Ecr8on
    1551 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 2017
    Players from these are flying off the market, got it from the FUT Economist twitter feed, somebody responded to on of his post with it and another said it was confirmed, for whatever it's worth. May be nothing.

3db7Juq.jpg