Servers and game play - surely enough is enough

FatZeddd
524 posts Sunday League Hero
So with what seems like an increase in threads on the poor state of the game when are EA going to acknowledge the issues and mostly there end and stop blaming our ISPs! its a joke how bad it is and seems to be getting worse. Even weekend league has been poor, seasons is terrible still, almost every game has been slow and sluggish for weeks. WL qualifiers are the best i can get and even lately they have been worse as well.

If you release a game especially when pushing a competitive mode make sure you have the framework in place, and as a business own up to your mistakes, improve and liaise with your customers. It isn't good enough and no matter how much many of us 'love' football which is what keeps us coming back we will disappear eventually if this keeps up and there is no action

Comments

• RSL183
    848 posts Semi-Pro
    well said
  • SeaDawgBob
    1019 posts Professional
    I 100% agree, however based on their sales figures I wonder if they under estimated the popularity? I really hope they use some of those record profits to invest in their infrastructure
  • FatZeddd
    SeaDawgBob wrote: »
    I 100% agree, however based on their sales figures I wonder if they under estimated the popularity? I really hope they use some of those record profits to invest in their infrastructure

That's it but my thought was surely they have enough data records and information plus technical staff etc to work out what they are likely to need and implement that with a safety margin, easier said than done but it does seem that what is in place to handle the load is grossly inadequate this year. The game play issues are one thing but the connections, lag, delay and matchmaking really ruin it and take it to the next level of being a very poor game
  • Aqeel87
    2916 posts Fans' Favourite
    They won't do it until any other company comes forward and make EA run for their money. The only way to get listened is to boycott fifa for at least a year then something might happen.
  • JIO22
    1195 posts Professional
    Agree with you 100%, we wait for EA's silence to end....
  • plea2303
    63 posts Park Captain
    Agree! Well said.
  • MysticM
    1064 posts Professional
    100% agree,

Been playing fifa since the 90s and ut since 2011.

Fifa is a great game when it runs smooth, but even then i ask myself, am i really that good or am im being helped by EAds.

This fifa 17 takes the ....,input delay, your players turning dumb, players suddenly noticeble slowing down on a 1 on 1 run, weird ball physics when your Goalie tries to stop a shot or tap in, and many more random weird actions your team makes.
  • oiloco88
    267 posts Sunday League Hero
    The lag is real. I agree 100% with everything that was said
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    It's been a lag fest this week, it's been draw after draw with my team.
  • chosenone
    2324 posts Fans' Favourite
    When cod released a terrible game, their sales went down and now they have announced they will go back to the non space alien versions next year. I think we need to do the same to fifa, just stop spending anything and that's the only way they will listen. If you keep giving them money, why should they care?

Record profits for them mean success
  • MysticM
    1064 posts Professional
    I guess we will have to creat Alot of threads about this , so EA has no choice, what they gonna do ban 90% off the forum?
  • Robg
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    It's a pity FIFA as an organization are terrible as well am sure if we all hammerd them with emails every day telling them how bad the game was and refuse buying it they might say something as it would reduce the money they would get for the licence but think got more chance of winning the lottery and I don't TB even do that
  • FatZeddd
    Jump on tonight to test seasons as I'm not messing around with 3.5 star teams for quals and sure enough laggy/ delayed and concrete boots and super slow response, no player movement feels like my sprint button is broken yet the opponent is fine, sprinting around faster than the ball will travel, pinging balls, players moving and finishing chances because my defense and keeper wont respond not to mention the above 11 GK's i am playing with. Worst bit is from the style of play and opponents i have faced in Div 1 seem super average so sick of these connection advantages which are clearly one sided. Back down to Div 2 i go...
  • FatZeddd
    1st game in Div 2..
    - May as well have a broken sprint button, players just jog everywhere
    - Seems to be a 5-10 metre barrier cant get near opponent no matter what i do, swear he could just do whatever he wants and win. Even when he messes up i still cannot get the ball as my players are zombies
    - Passes intercepted because their players are faster than the ball
    - My players will not move or make runs
    - My quickest player cant catch his slowest
    - His slowest are all over mine
    - All tackles bobble back to him
    - Players ignore instructions
    - Button delay
    - Bergkamp may as well be a lump of coal

It's just so one sided it's a joke and surely it isn't just down to lag or delay there's too much wrong! if there is not an official poor game play or similar thread maybe we should start one i am at the end of my wits, not to mention an incorrect ban a month ago i am sick of this company (from top to bottom)
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    3307 posts National Call-Up
    We keep spending, they keep ignoring!
  • gbshow
    991 posts Professional
    "Enough is enough is enough I can't go on I can't go on no no no"

Thanks a lot, I'll be singing that all day now!
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    FatZeddd wrote: »
    1st game in Div 2..
    - Seems to be a 5-10 metre barrier cant get near opponent no matter what i do, swear he could just do whatever he wants and win. Even when he messes up i still cannot get the ball as my players are zombies
    - Button delay

It's just so one sided it's a joke and surely it isn't just down to lag or delay there's too much wrong! if there is not an official poor game play or similar thread maybe we should start one i am at the end of my wits, not to mention an incorrect ban a month ago i am sick of this company (from top to bottom)

Exactly what's happening to me in 35 out of 40 WL games.
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    Even one of the 5 best players in the world agrees that the gameplay is the biggest joke ever.

• FatZeddd
    Shouldn't have kept playing but had nothing else to do, 3 games in Div 2 all absolutely pathetic. Will be calling my ISP tomorrow as well as EA tech (but we know there is no real point there). Game just then seconds button delay, lag and concrete boots but also ice skating if that makes sense...same points as game before. I just don't get it even if there is lag it shouldn't affect the game play so much and be so one sided must be one of the most poorly coded games ever!

Surely there should be something in the match making both P2P and on dedicated that ensures games are even with the minimal data that needs to be exchanged, i know there are variables and ISP issues but apparently it needs f all to run properly. I am actually embarrassed playing and losing some of these games it is that bad.

As a side note since improving and upgrading my internet games have gotten worse and if anything more inconsistent...i am also the home team majority of games and usually second half seems more playable (still ❤️❤️❤️❤️)... i swear the higher divisions (and to some extent WL if near a dedicated server) are some very poor players gaining big advantages of connections. The quality for players who in theory should be some of the best is a joke and it reflects the game this year and direction EA have taken. Shame..
  • FatZeddd
    1st game in Div 2..
    - Button delay

Exactly what's happening to me in 35 out of 40 WL games.

Same here in the majority. The best game play i can get although it is against weak opponents has been the qualifiers (until the last few weeks), the only mode it has felt anywhere near what it should!
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    I totally agree. There are so many poor players completely dominating me this year. I agree when a better player (even though I consider myself one of the best 0.1 % of the world) destroys me, but when someone with a break even record manages to defend perfectly because his players move 10 times faster and my players can't pass and tackle anymore, then there's something majorly wrong in the game. I mean I still finish Elite 1-2 every week, but the chance of getting 38-40 wins has been taken away from me completely, as it's literally impossible to overcome this delay in 40 games.
  • andreens
    669 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited March 2017
    chosenone wrote: »
    When cod released a terrible game, their sales went down and now they have announced they will go back to the non space alien versions next year. I think we need to do the same to fifa, just stop spending anything and that's the only way they will listen. If you keep giving them money, why should they care?

If this is true and l will get back good old COD similar to Modern warfare than l can actually live without FIFA.
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    edited March 2017
    andreens wrote: »
    chosenone wrote: »

If this is true and l will get back good old COD similar to Modern warfare than l can actually live without FIFA.

It'll be boots on the ground yes. May go back to it as well.
  • Neal1982
    1111 posts Professional
    Its been awful recently!

I had 87 Mane who would go clear and then be caught by some random CB
    Passes go all over the place including straight out of play.
    Delay on shooting is a joke.

it is almost like a name out of hat scenario as to who gets help each game.

You come across player with a discard 11, who play like Brazil from the 70s, who then message you after.

Managed to fit two games in last night, the one I dominated I lost and the one I got dominated I won.

When a player with 88 passing can not pass the ball 10 yards to a team mate with their strong foot, their is clearly something causing this to happen!

EA???
  • SSgtBlunder
    948 posts Professional
    I wouldn't waste my time ringing ISPs - the problem isn't with them.

There is only game I play that is a lagfest. Just one. Rest play absolutely fine.

No prizes for guessing its name.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16593 posts World Class
    Its all in that big fat head of yours.
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    I wouldn't waste my time ringing ISPs - the problem isn't with them.

There is only game I play that is a lagfest. Just one. Rest play absolutely fine.

No prizes for guessing its name.
    ISS 64 ?
  • FaFiFa
    1387 posts Professional
    1st game in Div 2..
    - Button delay

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/5kxryd/lets_discuss_sliders/?ref=search_posts
  • Mutu10gol
    2855 posts Fans' Favourite
    So with what seems like an increase in threads on the poor state of the game when are EA going to acknowledge the issues and mostly there end and stop blaming our ISPs! its a joke how bad it is and seems to be getting worse. Even weekend league has been poor, seasons is terrible still, almost every game has been slow and sluggish for weeks. WL qualifiers are the best i can get and even lately they have been worse as well.

If you release a game especially when pushing a competitive mode make sure you have the framework in place, and as a business own up to your mistakes, improve and liaise with your customers. It isn't good enough and no matter how much many of us 'love' football which is what keeps us coming back we will disappear eventually if this keeps up and there is no action

correct
  • NornIron
    14440 posts Has That Special Something
    edited March 2017
    1st game in Div 2..
    - Button delay

The players dont even lock onto the ball ive quit over 25 matches in a week cant do anything else.
    This is divisions im always the home team its aways straight to 3 green bars havent had one match i even stand a chance of competing at.