Having my best wl ever!

Jamesl2001
1602 posts Play-Off Hero
Currently 23-7 and hoping I can be elite for the first time my previous best is 26 wins. Even the losses I've taken they're really close and I beat a guy that finished 29th in the world in January! Everything suddenly seems to have clicked in my gameplay from watching all the pros.

This is the amazing team that has helped me:
M6eRYbf.jpg

I have about 300k to upgrade my squad where do you think I should upgrade/save up for?

Now let's just pray for 6 wins from these last 10 o:)

Comments

• Tim86
    2166 posts Fans' Favourite
    For someone who's never reached elite you have some great red IF cards man :)
  • Jamesl2001
    1602 posts Play-Off Hero
    I got elite for the month in January and got lewandowski i know i was so lucky! Never finished elite weekly tho just got 22/23 wins a week
  • Clean1907OS
    529 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I hope you well get elite!

But I'm afraid you've to be prepared for a incoming ''choke'' moment... Epic WL thing, happens a lot.
    Good luck!
  • Jamesl2001
    1602 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm bottling it lads 25-9 now :/
    Just lost the last game to 2 de gea own goals trying to stay calm :*
  • Jamesl2001
    1602 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 2017
    I did it!

BlquJsm.jpg

Made it difficult for myself but got there in the end it's only taken 6 months :p
  • WTFsmirky08
    2973 posts National Call-Up
    well done mate
  • Jamesl2001
    1602 posts Play-Off Hero
    well done mate

Cheers looks like it's going to be a stacked totw aswell! Probs still get 3 discards but don't care tbh
  • Clean1907OS
    529 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Congrats mate! well done!
  • Jamesl2001
    1602 posts Play-Off Hero
    Congrats mate! well done!

Thanks pal so relieved now aha was losing in the last game to get to elite but managed to just pull it around
  • Jamesl2001
    1602 posts Play-Off Hero
    Would anyone be interested in a quick summary in what I think helped push me to elite and the key things that I've added to my game which really helped me?
  • Shadow_185
    7051 posts Big Money Move
    congrats, I went 29-11 my first time as well
  • Jamesl2001
    1602 posts Play-Off Hero
    Shadow_185 wrote: »
    congrats, I went 29-11 my first time as well

Thanks it's a great feeling isn't it we'll probably get terrible packs but feels great to say 'I'm an elite player' :D
  • GewoonJopie123
    389 posts An Exciting Prospect

Jamesl2001 wrote: »
    Would anyone be interested in a quick summary in what I think helped push me to elite and the key things that I've added to my game which really helped me?

Yes!
  • LoftyMatt
    471 posts Sunday League Hero

Yes i would be interested to have a read :)
  • Jamesl2001
    1602 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ok mate well I'd say there's 3 key important things that helped me.
    1) Team and formation - people say team means nothing but imo they're wrong it is still very important and ronaldo is just next level so if you can afford him don't hesitate. I also did the 'mainstream' thing of switching to 41212(2) in game and it honestly does work because it's so direct and also solid at the back.
    2) Wing play and body feints - this has been the biggest game changer for me and I was inspired by boras legend's attacking tutorial. It is literally ridiculous the number of goals you can score by working it to the by line and then just cutting it back. I used to always try it and it never worked but the key is timing and variation. For the first few times I will always go down the line and then simply do a backwards body feint and then drill it across the box which is very effective, waiting for my player to peel off of his man. However eventually your opponent will become savvy to this and begin to read the cutback so this is when the magic happens ;) if you do the body feint animation their defender will stop completely in his tracks because they are expecting you to cut back and at that point you can simply fake the body feint, run straight forwards and pass it across to score the easiest goal you'll eve score. If you continue to mix it up with your body feints all game it is literally impossible for the opponent to stop you every time.
    3) Switching formation - I actually heard about this from hashtag harry in aa9's podcast but it is actually genius and works brilliantly. As soon as I went a goal up this weekend I changed to the 433(3) and the logics behind this is as soon as the majority of players go a goal down in fut champs (myself included) they go into a frenzy of panic and start pulling their players all over the place, losing all their structure because they're so desperate to get the ball back quickly and equalise. When you are then using this very wide formation the wingers are in so much space it is ridiculous and i often scored 2 or 3 goals as soon as I changed to this formation this weekend which consolidated the win/ caused rage quits. Another advantage is in the dying embers of the game it is a formation where you can very easily hold possession due to all the space on the wings.

Hope it helps, sorry about the length!
  • ChrystalMeth
    68 posts Park Captain
    1) Team and formation - people say team means nothing but imo they're wrong it is still very important....

When you switch in game formations, you need to do the player instructions again, right, doesn't it takes too long for a pause?
  • CovLee_Candice
    4530 posts National Call-Up
    1) Team and formation - people say team means nothing but imo they're wrong it is still very important....

When you switch in game formations, you need to do the player instructions again, right, doesn't it takes too long for a pause?

Yes u need to set again. Not long I only need 30s if you already do it several times
  • TurdFerguson
    2593 posts Fans' Favourite
    nice man congrats, this was my best WL too, I just wish I got all the games in haha...finished 25-8 with 7 games still left to play, too tired/not enough time to finish, pretty unfortunate with a potential IF Messi in next week's TOTW :(
  • Jamesl2001
    1602 posts Play-Off Hero
    If I was to pick up pogba should I replace kante or n'zonzi im really enjoying both? If I swapped n'zonzi I can change formation and still get full chem so it's fine