Take out shielding ffs

FletchSUFC
1028 posts Professional
The game is almost dead for me because of the constant opponents just abusing certain things in the game that don't resemble football in anyway at all.
1.Shielding-yes it happens in football but you don't see Lukaku shielding on the edge of the opponents penalty area and being able to gradually turn your defender out of the game totally for a free shot a goal!
2.L2,R2- players crabbing around the pitch looks absolutely pathetic and makes the game look like something that a kids made

If these 2 things got taken out of this god awful 'representation of football' people would have much more fun on the game.
Obviously EA do not have a clue about football and it makes me wonder what kind of cyber geeks program this game?!
The ones that stayed in school to study while the boys all played football?!
Would pretty much sum up why they keep churning out crap

Comments

• Shahski
    778 posts Semi-Pro
    Have you ever made a thread that is positive? Why do you still play the game? Shielding and Skilled dribbling had been in the game since launch, surely your used to it by now.
  • Juve1234
    12 posts Ball Boy
    FletchSUFC wrote: »
    The game is almost dead for me because of the constant opponents just abusing certain things in the game that don't resemble football in anyway at all.
    1.Shielding-yes it happens in football but you don't see Lukaku shielding on the edge of the opponents penalty area and being able to gradually turn your defender out of the game totally for a free shot a goal!
    2.L2,R2- players crabbing around the pitch looks absolutely pathetic and makes the game look like something that a kids made

If these 2 things got taken out of this god awful 'representation of football' people would have much more fun on the game.
    Obviously EA do not have a clue about football and it makes me wonder what kind of cyber geeks program this game?!
    The ones that stayed in school to study while the boys all played football?!
    Would pretty much sum up why they keep churning out crap

Shielding is pretty op but they need to make jockeying easier to move and that would solve a lot of problems and the l2 r2 is just abused by ❤️❤️❤️❤️ kids that watch YouTubers EA need to focus on a more realistic game than an arcade ❤️❤️❤️❤️ fest
  • PelzyWelzy
    10626 posts Has That Special Something
    Shielding being removed is a ridiculous idea, it just needs to be toned down. Lukaku, Ibra and the like shielding the ball is fine but when players like Insigne do it effectively its a nonsense. Not holding my breath on EA sorting it though, sadly.

Do agree with the the R2/L2 dribbling. It looks ludicrous. I mean when have you ever seen anything like that happen in a real life game? Players virtually teleporting ten yards backwards with the ball at their feet.. needs to go.
  • Sykesy
    4459 posts National Call-Up
    Loves a rant. Never gets beat at FIFA simply chats nonsense of how he lost. EA done this... fix fix fix.... best one to date. Claims he lets people win finals then posted raging he got pumped :joy:
    You wife must be a terrible ride if that's what your playing with at 3am
  • PelzyWelzy
    10626 posts Has That Special Something
    Sykesy wrote: »
    Loves a rant. Never gets beat at FIFA simply chats nonsense of how he lost. EA done this... fix fix fix.... best one to date. Claims he lets people win finals then posted raging he got pumped :joy:

Ouch :joy:
  • Pranav
    800 posts Semi-Pro
    shielding is an important part of the game
  • Rodney_trotter
    623 posts Sunday League Hero
    Take out shielding lol ffs, maybe they should take out shooting and passing too? Stop moaning and play something else
  • DeanoZoff
    4928 posts Big Money Move
    Shielding is used every minute in real life. It just needs a bit of nerfing on FIFA. LT+RT dribbling is single handedly the most stupid looking thing I've ever seen. All the "pro" players abuse it like crazy. You can tell they have never played the real thing before.

I think OP should stop playing the game, I see soooo many complaint threads from him.
  • Flamstead
    3689 posts National Call-Up
    Jesus could you imagine how ridiculously OP high pressure would be without it? It needs toning down just as pressure, face up dribbling and stamina does. Taking it out would be a terrible decision.
  • Davisto
    7100 posts Big Money Move

:joy: riding his wife wouldnt it be the other way around :trollface:
  • keilly
    443 posts Sunday League Hero
    Nope just leave it but it should be changed, so as soon as someone starts shielding there is an energy bar that starts to drain and you only have a set time to shield. Would stop all the time wasting abuse of it..
  • SaifR
    12865 posts Has That Special Something
    Agree it needs toning down. Still think the worst thing in FIFA which has been a problem for years is when people can smash into you, taking your player out, often causing injuries, and carry on without a foul being called. Or spam slide tackles (which actually works).
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2017
    Flamstead wrote: »
    Jesus could you imagine how ridiculously OP high pressure would be without it? It needs toning down just as pressure, face up dribbling and stamina does. Taking it out would be a terrible decision.
    this

people are spamming shielding because otherwise would get smashed to pieces in a second by defenders otherwise

• FletchSUFC
    1028 posts Professional
    Davisto wrote: »

:joy: riding his wife wouldnt it be the other way around :trollface:
    He wouldn't know because he's only ever got it from his hand
  • Nana_bitty
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    Why all the hate for op? If he wants to moan about the game on here he won't be the first and won't be the last.
    Too much hate on these forums it's toxic
  • CaptEcuador16
    2260 posts Fans' Favourite

Dude you're a savage
  • FletchSUFC
    1028 posts Professional
    He's got issues this kid... "never gets beat at FIFA" and then "chats nonsense about how I lost" in the same sentence?!! Haha what a ❤️❤️❤️❤️