The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Conspiracy - Please Try!

Dodds
8760 posts League Winner
Right, this maybe isn't a conspiracy but it's something, I've had the first part wrote for a little while but I wanted to test this again (last player doesn't mean in the last slot, it just means added into the team last in any position)...

I've played a lot of FIFA this year and I've had more than my fair amount of BS through this game especially on Weekend League but this Weekend League especially when I was using mainly untradeable players I kinda think I've found something out.

I was using a standard Bundesliga team with the likes of Renato, SBC Costa etc but what I noticed is when I add someone into the team (so the last player) which was IF Latza the rest of the team had an impact... I felt like their stand out parts in the game were passing and long range shooting. This is mainly due to Latza's 84 short passing and his 98 shot power and 95 long shots.

However due to this one of the main weaknesses were pace and dribbling, I then noticed that he had 68 sprint speed and 79 dribbling which isnt really great. So after this I got rid of Schurrle at LF and added in my man Coman.

Again I noticed a huge change in the side and you guessed it the main parts of the team that I was struggling with I kind of got a 'boost' in the dribbling and pace areas (93 sprint speed, 86 dribbling, 88 agility).

Right so I've just carried this on today with my BPL team that I'm going to use for the Weekend League and I've just added in Pogba and IF Gueye, I didnt realise till after 2 games I added in Gueye as my last player.

I kind of noticed straight away that the players I was used to playing quick attacking football, couldnt really pass and move like they used to when I used them a few weeks back. I kind of got smashed in one of these games but the other I hit the post 3 times and such.

I've just played another two games however this time I've added POTM Hazard as my last player in the squad and I've noticed how the movement and such has seemed to have been ramped up, players that were sluggish and took a while to pass could now LT + RT dribble in a better way (mainly due to the 95 dribbling and 94 agility).

Obviously I'm not 100% sure this is a thing but can people please try this out as I'm sure there is something effecting this and if other players try I'll definitely try and tell my self I'm not going insane :joy:

Also if you're using a team full of TOTY's and high rated IF's you team will probably be unbelievable anyway. Please let me know how you get on and what you think of this post...

Comments

• Michael LFC 96
    3711 posts National Call-Up
    What about if you add a keeper in last? Penalties galore? :trollface:
  • Overevil
    2685 posts Fans' Favourite
    The game change every time according to opponents, elo, connection and thousands of unknow reasons, so it may be a pure coincidence
  • Samuel Eto'o
    19344 posts World Class
    jkrdB8n.jpg
  • Skrt_Skrt
    4621 posts National Call-Up
    what
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Best troll I've seen.

Good work.
  • Dodds
    8760 posts League Winner
    What about if you add a keeper in last? Penalties galore? :trollface:

Haha full of hand balls probably!
    Overevil wrote: »
    The game change every time according to opponents, elo, connection and thousands of unknow reasons, so it may be a pure coincidence

Yeah I know that but I mean the impact on my players not theirs.
    Skrt_Skrt wrote: »
    what

Last player you add can impact your team in various ways basically.
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Best troll I've seen.

Good work.

Come on Dave you know I'm no troll, I only try to help.
  • Skrt_Skrt
    4621 posts National Call-Up
    last player i added to my team was SIF Coleman, so in theory everyone should play like they're 80+ in everything. sound.
  • JR
    8184 posts League Winner
    Yeah, I doubt that
  • Dodds
    8760 posts League Winner
    Skrt_Skrt wrote: »
    last player i added to my team was SIF Coleman, so in theory everyone should play like they're 80+ in everything. sound.

Haha just in a few of his stand out stats, like I say I'm not hugely positive that this occurs but there is definitely something.
  • Dodds
    8760 posts League Winner
    JR wrote: »
    Yeah, I doubt that

That's why I'm asking people to keep chopping and changing their last player to test this.
  • JR
    8184 posts League Winner
    Dodds wrote: »
    Yeah, I doubt that

That's why I'm asking people to keep chopping and changing their last player to test this.

This is one thing that's in your head
  • Dodds
    8760 posts League Winner
    Yeah, I doubt that

This is one thing that's in your head

No harm in trying though ey?
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    I think @YouWantUsFC you need to give up your crazy crown.
  • YouWantUsFC
    2752 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 2017
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    I think @YouWantUsFC you need to give up your crazy crown.

Haha!

A lot of these things are placebo I think, but maybe, just maybe, last player added could actually influence style of play? Doesn't make sense, but coding is coding and if this guy says he notices it, then . . . . . . .
    Post edited by YouWantUsFC on
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    So if you add a striker to your team last your attack is nice but your defense will blow, and if you add a defender last your attack will blow but defense will be nice?
  • Frankenberry
    10215 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeah, I doubt that

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
  • YouWantUsFC
    2752 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 2017
    Yeah, I doubt that

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Very true @Frankenberry - but he seems to have stumbled across it after 2nd and third change.
  • Daveofwales01
    8395 posts League Winner
    So if you add an all rounder last you should see a boost in everything?
  • Alp_2760
    1952 posts Play-Off Hero

This. People look for patterns in things and ignore the times they smash poor teams etc in favor of times they struggle.

The game isn't perfect it isn't consistent. The ai leaves a lot to be desired etc but I haven't seen a shred of evidence to suggest it's a conspiracy.

If a game developer posted code and verified how it meant that certain things would be affect based on x or y then I'd consider it. Until then, it's just people looking for an excuse as to why they've lost when in reality, it's they weren't good enough, connection was bad, combination of both etc etc.

Probe pm is, as soon as one of these see a similar person complaining of the same thing, they react the same way and preach the same conspiracies. Negativity spreads far easier and faster than positivity.
  • Ttone5722
    219 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The game plays differently every time I turn it on.

Anything to improve the consistency would be worth a try, so count me in. Gonna try different strikers in my club to see if my team can play better attacking.

:smile:
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    If youre looking for 1 player to be better, youre going to over use them
  • Dodds
    8760 posts League Winner
    Painter753 wrote: »
    So if you add a striker to your team last your attack is nice but your defense will blow, and if you add a defender last your attack will blow but defense will be nice?

No just an impact the stats that the last player excels in.
    So if you add an all rounder last you should see a boost in everything?

See above.
    Alp_2760 wrote: »

This. People look for patterns in things and ignore the times they smash poor teams etc in favor of times they struggle.

The game isn't perfect it isn't consistent. The ai leaves a lot to be desired etc but I haven't seen a shred of evidence to suggest it's a conspiracy.

If a game developer posted code and verified how it meant that certain things would be affect based on x or y then I'd consider it. Until then, it's just people looking for an excuse as to why they've lost when in reality, it's they weren't good enough, connection was bad, combination of both etc etc.

Probe pm is, as soon as one of these see a similar person complaining of the same thing, they react the same way and preach the same conspiracies. Negativity spreads far easier and faster than positivity.

Never once did I say that I was doing this to cover losing?

I've just lost a game there against a very good opponent but I still seen that my players movement and pace was 'increased' even the likes of Baines catching up with this guy's OTW Mane.
    Ttone5722 wrote: »
    The game plays differently every time I turn it on.

Anything to improve the consistency would be worth a try, so count me in. Gonna try different strikers in my club to see if my team can play better attacking.

:smile:

Please do.
  • Dodds
    8760 posts League Winner
    Peter wrote: »
    If youre looking for 1 player to be better, youre going to over use them

Not over using someone it's just the last player placed in the team.

Has anyone tried yet?
  • CornishLad
    24278 posts Club Captain
    This is interesting. Today especially I have found that my players are slow and sluggish. The most recent part of the team I have changed was my defense. I'm going to use your logic tonight and make sure that Mertens is the last player I put in my team
  • Dodds
    8760 posts League Winner
    edited March 2017
    CornishLad wrote: »
    This is interesting. Today especially I have found that my players are slow and sluggish. The most recent part of the team I have changed was my defense. I'm going to use your logic tonight and make sure that Mertens is the last player I put in my team

This is exactly how I felt when I added Smalling as my last player and such a few weeks ago.
  • Dodds
    8760 posts League Winner
    Any one tried this then?
  • CornishLad
    24278 posts Club Captain
    I tried it. My players feel a lot better compared to yesterday but that could just be placebo.
  • Dodds
    8760 posts League Winner
    CornishLad wrote: »
    I tried it. My players feel a lot better compared to yesterday but that could just be placebo.

Keep swapping players in and out and see what effects.
  • Antiversum
    5818 posts Big Money Move
    Don't say this is right or wrong, just that I can imagine everything in this game after chemgate.
  • Dodds
    8760 posts League Winner
    Antiversum wrote: »
    Don't say this is right or wrong, just that I can imagine everything in this game after chemgate.

Honestly came around just randomly after swapping players every few games.