CPFC, Now in the FL League One - August 2017

IAmLikingFlame
3875 posts National Call-Up
edited March 2017
This thread will be the location of my FIFA 17 Career Mode Story. As you may have noticed, this first post is not an OP graphic. And the reason for that is because I had a vote as to what career I will be doing, which many of you participated in. Thank you to everyone who participated in the vote and helped me choose what this CMS should be.

And without further adieu, the top 3 most voted for options for this career are...
Post edited by IAmLikingFlame on

Comments

• IAmLikingFlame
    Continuing the British Cities Premier League Experiment

Putting a Premier League club in the League Two

Putting a League Two club in the Premier League
  • IAmLikingFlame
    And which option is the most voted for option, and therefore the career that I will be doing on this thread?
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Putting a Premier League club in the League Two
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Now that I know that for this thread, I have randomly selected a Premier League club to take control of in the League Two. That club is...

safc-logo.png?v=0.603

I do still have a conundrum though that needs to be solved, and just as I asked for your help for the topic of this thread, I will also ask for your opinions on this.

How should I go about putting Sunderland in the League Two? https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HDC83YC
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Meanwhile, here is the official OP graphic of this thread, now that I have a topic and a club...
  • IAmLikingFlame
    edited March 2017
    Title_Image.png

Edit; Whoops never mind :p

Title_Image.png
    Post edited by IAmLikingFlame on
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    What I voted for. And Sunderland. Nice :D
  • IAmLikingFlame
    What I voted for. And Sunderland. Nice :D

I mean Sunderland's doing badly enough they might as well be a League Two club, so it's an appropriate choice imo :D:D

And nice to see you got the result you voted for :) I'm starting to get really excited for this career
  • Wyojasond
    15358 posts World Class
    Can you just start where Chris's story ended at :D
  • IAmLikingFlame

Oh yeah I'd completely forgotten he's already done this same thing with Sunderland too :D Darn it. Now I'm considering whether I should switch teams whoops
  • Wyojasond
    15358 posts World Class

Oh yeah I'd completely forgotten he's already done this same thing with Sunderland too :D Darn it. Now I'm considering whether I should switch teams whoops

Yeah sorry to burst your bubble man :s
  • b4usiddhu2
    595 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Wonderful to see you back. I voted for this option as well and looking forward to how it goes.
  • IAmLikingFlame

Yeah sorry to burst your bubble man :s

Nah don't worry about it, I just put the clubs back in the random generator and it chose a different team for me.

By the way, that club is...

Title_Image.png
  • IAmLikingFlame
    b4usiddhu2 wrote: »
    Wonderful to see you back. I voted for this option as well and looking forward to how it goes.

It's great to be back too! Always nice to see you're still hanging around these parts too B)
  • b4usiddhu2
    595 posts An Exciting Prospect

It's great to be back too! Always nice to see you're still hanging around these parts too B)

Yeah, just being active enough to respond to threads and DTL :smiley:
  • Greenman019
    Aw. Was looking forward to one like Chris' but one that actually continued :D

Good to make it different though really.
  • IAmLikingFlame

Yeah, just being active enough to respond to threads and DTL :smiley:

Including this thread, which I'm grateful for :)
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Aw. Was looking forward to one like Chris' but one that actually continued :D

Good to make it different though really.

:D

Yeah I wouldn't have had as big a problem with it if it hadn't been both the same club and idea, but alas it was. So now I'm doing Crystal Palace instead, just to make it a bit different from his. :)
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Thank you to everyone who voted in this latest survey as well as the original one. The voting was very one-sided on this one and as such I'm sure just about everyone here is gonna be very happy with the outcome. My graphic officially announcing what happened to Crystal Palace to make them end up in the League Two will be up within the hour. :)
  • IAmLikingFlame
    edited March 2017
    Edit; deleted - post duplicate. Apparently my phone was even more grateful than I am and wanted to thank everyone twice just to prove it :D:D:D
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Crystal_Palace_Resigns_From_PL.png
  • Greenman019
    edited March 2017
    I like it when people integrate real-world media stuff into their graphics. Small little touch to add to the realism.

Will be interesting to see how many people leave.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    edited March 2017
    I like it when people integrate real-world media stuff into their graphics. Small little touch to add to the realism.

Will be interesting to see how many people leave.

Yeah I like to do that to keep it aesthetically as realistic as possible, even when I don't always go with the most realistic of stories :D:D I'm probably gonna keep this one pretty sane for at least a few seasons though, so don't expect every storyline to be a Daily Mail story unless I get bored :D:D:D

And yeah, especially since for this first season I've given myself a policy that I have to accept every initial transfer offer for any player, that'll be quite interesting.
  • Wyojasond
    15358 posts World Class
    I like it! Especially the transfer dealings. Gives the game a bit of a challenge. Did a somewhat similar thing, but yours is going to be a lot more challenging.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    I like it! Especially the transfer dealings. Gives the game a bit of a challenge. Did a somewhat similar thing, but yours is going to be a lot more challenging.

Thanks, and I'm glad you like that idea :) I've done this idea a couple times previously in private CMs too and I've always found it to be a bit too easy for my liking so this can give me a bit more of a challenge and it can also force me to use the youth academy in a big way so I'm really excited for how it's gonna go.
  • Virtual_K
    1944 posts Play-Off Hero
    All this drama surrounding the team. Why can't it just be that all your players are rated 80 and above and you're going for a record five straight titles. Now that would be some real excitement. :D I would say good luck, but somehow that seems a gross understatement. ;)
  • Chip
    203 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Good luck, Palace are ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    All this drama surrounding the team. Why can't it just be that all your players are rated 80 and above and you're going for a record five straight titles. Now that would be some real excitement. :D I would say good luck, but somehow that seems a gross understatement. ;)

I would hate myself so much if I did that :D:D I have a feeling that it'll be super easy the first two years and then from there on we just completely fall apart :D:D
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Chip wrote: »
    Good luck, Palace are ****

They are. Not quite League Two level of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ though :D
  • IAmLikingFlame
    July 2016

Mass Departures & The First Preseason

Crystal_Palace_v_Watford.png
    cfuen_jpg.png
    Crystal_Palace_v_Las_Palmas.png
    ec4uh_jpg.png
    Crystal_Palace_v_R_Kazan.png
    uux8o_jpg.png
    Crystal_Palace_v_Spartak_Moscow.png
    x9r8o_jpg.png
    lzquv_jpg.png
    8jhlo_jpg.png
    v7qe8_jpg.png
    lrt22_jpg.png
    x2e8w_jpg.png
    uno3f_jpg.png

So after a preseason where we've lost EIGHT players with still a month of possible transfers left, we turn to none other than the ever-reliable Wikipedia to check out the opening-day squad for Crystal Palace this year.
    16_17_squad.png